Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Don't forget folks, if you haven't got your "Hand Of Peace" CD yet, it costs just a couple of quid and they are vanishing fast!

Si.

Hi Si,

Can I request a copy of the whole season please? - I already have the 'Baron' CD but I require the rest. I'll send you something on Paypal as soon as I can scrap some funds together.

Cheers

Andrew

No problem Andrew!

Si.

Likewise, but you could include The Baron CD as well, please! If you could let me know what the cost is (and of course I'll add a donation for the charity too) that'd be really appreciated.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Hi Alex,

All details in the other thread here, but the bit about costing advises:

If you're one of those sensible people that likes to keep their Planet Skaro audio collection fully up to date, you might like to reserve your copies of some of the other stories in this season in advance. P&P costs will be less the more CD's you request at once, so to order any 2 CD's, P&P will be £3. To order 3 CD's or more, P&P will be £4. On top of this, add an optional charitable donation of your choice - we don't expect you to give 5 times what you'd normally give just because we've knocked out 5 stories this time (we're in a recession goddamnit), just give whatever you can afford and judge appropriate for the number of CD's you're requesting.
    So it costs just £4 for the whole season - that's all 5 CD's - that covers postage and packing. All other costs (printing, boxes, discs) I've paid for. That leaves whatever you can afford on top of that for the charity, as much or as little as people have really. It all helps our total!

Si.

Cool, thanks for that, have just sent you the money via paypal now.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Thanks Alex, greatly received! I'll package them up tomorrow but I may not send them until the end of the season, so they can all be sent together minimising postage!

Si.

That's absolutely fine, infact that's what I presumed would be the case, I'm more than happy to download them as they go up on the site and then get them all at the end.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Been out all day, but i got home to find my CD waiting for me thanks Si, so will have a listen to this story tomorrow.

Si I have put the payment in the post today for the season from Blood Money to Kalraxi.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

I've sent a payment for the whole lot!Its from the redmonastery email account.
    Hope its enough.
    Cheers

Excellent, thanks guys!

Paul, if it's ok I will bring the CD's when I see you early next month.

Si.

Yes no problem. Whenever I next see you.

Wayne Guest

Listening this right now. I'm about 5mins into Ep.2. It's exciting!

Wayne Guest

Well that was great! Many congrats Jon!
    Definitely had a very contemporary feel to it, which i enjoyed. I'm not that well up on the Mara stories, & 'Kinda' in particular is a not a great favourite, but this story stood up in it's own right anyway, so it didn't really matter.
    Great characters again from all. Have to single out Dave & Jonno for two completely different style of performances, & of course same goes for Paul! It was also good to hear Kathy again, who's always a top performer, & i loved Dave Taylor's little 'breakdown'.
    The production/sound design continues to be highly impressive, & basically this was just great stuff all round. A cracking story & another fine addition to the range. (and my shelf)
    Well done all!

Btw.... Fave moment: Martin/Ed's "Man of Mishtery".

Right, i'm off to listen to extras.

ETA: Btw.... I thought the choice of music on the action sequences was cracking!
    Last edited by Wayne; 11th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM.

Wayne Guest

Just done the exras. I enjoyed the nostalgic PS audio feature. Yay, we get to hear the Baron one more time!

Very interesting. Despite not having Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens or Janet Fielding in it I actually thought this came across slightly better than Big Finish's "Cradle of the Snake" (and that was still a good play).
    I realise THOP came first but obviously having not so long ago heard CotS courtesy of Radio 4Extra it's hard not to make comparisons especially as that play also featured the Mara taking over The Doctor (in this respect Paul was just as sinister as Davison if not more so in places!).
    Highlight for me as well as another fruity performance from Martin as Ed was definitely Rev. Philip - at times I thought some of Dave Tudors inflections conjured Nicholas Courtney to mind which added to the enjoyment.

If I had to criticise anything I would just wonder if the ending is meant to suggest that in this version of the Whoniverse we won't be hearing any more from UNIT as I liked the darker version which was somewhat reminiscent of the Big Finish audio spin-off series and suspect there's more mileage to be had with their opposition to the Doctor.

Forgot to add... is there any chance of the extra featuring The Baron being made available to download at some point?

It will be, yes! We're working our way through all the stories revamping the website with CD extras and production notes. I think we're at the start of Season 4 at the moment, so this will be one of the next ones we put on-line!

Si.

I'm glad you liked it - I've been avoiding listening to CotSnake so far to avoid the comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    If I had to criticise anything I would just wonder if the ending is meant to suggest that in this version of the Whoniverse we won't be hearing any more from UNIT as I liked the darker version which was somewhat reminiscent of the Big Finish audio spin-off series and suspect there's more mileage to be had with their opposition to the Doctor.
    One of the things I said in a preview I wrote before HoP went live was what would happen if some fundamental truths of the Doctor's world stopped being true. For one of these I wanted UNIT to become less reliable and less willing to just follow the Doctor's lead than in the past. I deliberately left the chain of command of 'dark UNIT' hidden so that it could possibly be explored in a future story maybe.
    Bazinga !

I can almost imagine it now...

"I thought UNIT had been disbanded."

"Ah Doctor, that's exactly what we wanted you to think!"

in this respect Paul was just as sinister as Davison if not more so in places!).
    YES! In your face Davison!!!!

Shouldn't that be "In your pleasant open face Davison!"?

Lol @ Andrew!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Shouldn't that be "In your pleasant open face Davison!"?
    Best post ever!!!!