Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I'd forgotten about the change of costume! I borrowed someones jacket didn't I? Did you have UNIT beret?
    I also had slicked back hair hence the gunk line later on.
    I had the childrens UNIT beret! One size fits all, apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's actually really hard, especially for Paul who always has a lot of lines. I really don't know how he does it, as when I get behind the mic I have to have about three goes at every line to get it right! It really is amazing how our leads turn on the performances and require so few re-takes.
    I think, and I might be wrong here and overstating it or whatever, but if you're playing a character you've played before it's a bit easier to get it right first time than if you're creating something new from scratch. You know the character already and their speech patterns (and if you're Steve when to ad lib outrageously and when to say the line as written)

If you're playing someone new it takes a while to get it right and work out what you're doing, especially if you're coming to a script you don't know too well.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Given that not everyone reads the script before hand,
    Who doesn't read the scripts??????

Thanks for the compliments, Si. I think it helps that I have to read the kids stories out loud every night (and do different voices!)

I think, and I might be wrong here and overstating it or whatever, but if you're playing a character you've played before it's a bit easier to get it right first time than if you're creating something new from scratch. You know the character already and their speech patterns (and if you're Steve when to ad lib outrageously and when to say the line as written)
    You're absolutely right! And sometimes you know it so well that someone will write something in a script which just doesn't sound right.

I notice you jettisoned the line "Stitch on a pair Rob!" in my last script! I thought it would have been quite funny if the Doctor suddenly said that.

I laughed at the breeziness with which the line got dropped during recording (I wasn't there, I listened back). Just "Nope, not having that, next!"

Si.

I often see Ed lines and think "I wouldn't say something like that!", then have to remind myself that Ed would. Worryingly, I think I'm more like Tor Garane than I am Ed!

I laughed at the breeziness with which the line got dropped during recording (I wasn't there, I listened back). Just "Nope, not having that, next!"
    Did I really say that? See I brought my kids to the recording to distract you so we could re-write the script!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    We really bang them out...
    [snigger]