Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    The volume changes are a noted problem, due to the PC being used for other things between work on the story. I'm afraid it was just inevitable that the volume would get shifted around and when I returned for my next session I'd not know if a scene was quiet or loud. I also get a manic desire to blow the listeners mind out everytime there's a big explosion.

Next time, I'll make a special effort to keep an eye on this. Maybe I can set the volume controls back to some kind of default every time I start?

Si.
    Thanks for clearing the plot points up Si - I'm pleased that I had picked up most of that. . As to the volume thing I only mentioned it because I was pleasently surprised at how good the sound quality was for the majority of the story, and that it was only in Episode 4 that it started to jump around a bit.
    Bazinga !

The Exec's final lines - "Our device is still attached to the Doctors TARDIS" is a bit of careless dialogue I'm afraid. There's not really a "device" attached to the TARDIS at all. The intention was that as the Exec's dimension collapses, the TARDIS gets sort of stuck between it and ours...
    The concertina mirror is attached to the TARDIS. So Si tells me. And I remember it from listening to the story.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh yes, I'd forgotton about that. So it is right after all. It's that damn concertina mirror.

See, we may have taken a year to do this one, but you got a years worth of plot for the price of one story!

Si.

It was odd in a nice way (by which I mean, nicely left-field as a concept). Quite fun, and acted with a lot of enthusiasm I thought. Nothing about it that really bothered me or jarred particularly.

Crap. I've been away for too long (or at least on limited posting). Am I too late, or is this still available?

Pip Madeley Guest

It'll appear on the PS website in the near future, I think...

Slightly later than planned, but I listened to the final episode last night, and really enjoyed it. Obviously, I'd picked up on the fact that there was a cliffhanger ending of sorts, but I didn't expect it to be quite as (apparently) final as the destruction of the TARDIS - my fanboy heart leapt to hear the cloister bell, and full marks to the straining effect applied to the usual Vworp, Vworp to make it sound like the TARDIS was really struggling.

The conclusion was good too, with two climaxes at the same time - the Doctor confronting the Exec (the sound of those booming voices was awesome, and the scene reminded me in some respects of the climax to TGSITG and also the confrontation with the Hoothi in "Love & War"), while at the same time Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane. Er, helicopter, and apparently (in the style of Flash Gordon) facing absolutely certain death.

Nice to hear Paul getting some good old Doctor moments - reversing his polarity, and particularly talking to the TARDIS. Also, praise for Wayne's Uncle Barney, which was a marvellous performance. And... did I hear just a snippet of Crossroads as the Doctor breached the gap between the dimensions? I think so.

I wasn't expecting a trail for the next adventure (how much recording did you manage to get done in a single day?!) but it sounds very exciting, and the design of the trailer was very tantalising - loved the Ticket to Ride intro, and the unexpected (to say the least) voice of Lulu!!!

All in all, an excellent story, and (not dissing the earlier story by any means) a huge leap forward from last year's "Echoes of the Protii" in terms of the mechanics of the production. I really do feel as if I've been at a huge auditorium hosting the Soap Awards, and in an echoey, sinister studio, and into a large otherworldy dimension. Well done to all concerned!!

Thanks Andrew, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Si.

Nice to hear Paul getting some good old Doctor moments - reversing his polarity, and particularly talking to the TARDIS.
    I loved doing those bits but I really wish I had a console to run round and press switches.

wasn't expecting a trail for the next adventure (how much recording did you manage to get done in a single day?!) but it sounds very exciting, and the design of the trailer was very tantalising - loved the Ticket to Ride intro, and the unexpected (to say the least) voice of Lulu!!!
    Lulu was a real nightmare during recording. She kept demanding all sorts of unreasonable things. BTW can anyone spot me in the trailer?

Yes, Paul's in the trailer somewhere, although who he's playing isn't yet revealed.

Si.

And... did I hear just a snippet of Crossroads as the Doctor breached the gap between the dimensions? I think so.
    You did! Well done on spotting it- i didn't hear it until the second listen!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    It'll appear on the PS website in the near future, I think...
    As a download I assume? Will it be the sort of download you can burn to a cd, for those of us who listen the car, and will there be a downloadable, printable CD cover?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    As a download I assume? Will it be the sort of download you can burn to a cd, for those of us who listen the car, and will there be a downloadable, printable CD cover?
    Just like we've done with Keepsake, yes. Stay tuned...

Yes, Paul's in the trailer somewhere, although who he's playing isn't yet revealed.
    You tease!

Well the Doctor's dead. Isn't he? I can't think of any way he could have escaped an exploding TARDIS.

Si.

Perhaps he's not dead, merely splintered, in which case all he needs to do is stock up on Mona Lisas, hire a mad professor, and he'll be able to restore himself.

Providing no fist happy detectives get in the way.

Well the Doctor's dead. Isn't he? I can't think of any way he could have escaped an exploding TARDIS.
    You're such a minx!

Pip Madeley Guest

fist happy detectives
    You can probably subscribe to that.

I'd rather not!

Some people think it's marvellous, it has a spirit all its own...