Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Great script. Flows much better than Protii did.

I'm rather intrigued by all these removed scenes! Will we ever get to read the alternate script, I wonder?
    Last edited by Paul Monk; 5th Dec 2006 at 9:01 AM.

You'll of course be given the missing scenes (temporarily) on the day to record Paul!

No more quoting from the script please people, we want the script to be a surprise when the play is released!

Si.

Sorry. Its just that one line made me laugh on the train.

I'm quite excited about the missing scenes.

Script looks great! Can't wait for the recording session!!!!
    Kathychick

I don't want any corpsing young lady. We're entirely professional!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I don't want any corpsing young lady. We're entirely professional!
    Yes, especially with regards to our attitudes towards hat-wearing!

Perhaps Doctor Who should wear a hoodie, for a 'down with the kids' vibe.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm currently writing Hat of Fatal Death, a little mini adventure to be included if we have time.

Pip Madeley Guest

I've read it all and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I'm playing my character like Todd Rivers/Dr Sanchez from Darkplace.

(Martin will appreciate that )

Glad you like the script Pip! I'll look forward to your intepretation of the character. That should be interesting!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Looking forward to acting with you Pip. Not sure if I have any scenes with you or not.

I don't think the Doctor does have any scenes with Rufus Sugar actually! Incidentally, I haven't sorted the music out for the story yet so this is just on the offchance - is there anyone that either wants to, or knows someone who might want to, do us an original score? All you'd really need was to be able to record music, and then put together a clutch of dramatic cues and short sections suited to certain scenes.

Si.

Time for a quick update!

Work on the story is going well! There has been a bit of juggling going on to cater for changes in circumstance:

Trudi cannot make the recording but has been diligently recording and sending in her lines remotely (something, I must add, which is only working because (i) she has the patience of a saint, recording every line in and e-mailing it to me individually and (ii) she is able to record in crystal clear quality thanks to her music recording setup). On the plus side, this has meant a few more scenes are now actually complete, including Scene 6 which I finished last night. And it sounds fab!

Ant also, alas, cannot make the recording so I'm going to arrange to have a seperate session for him at a later point to tape in all his lines. This should be possible as he doesn't have the hugest part in the play, although it is quite significant.

What with P-Bal pulling out earlier (I have taken his role, which I'm quite happy about because oddly enough it feels more like a "me" role than P-Bal one!) we've now coped with three main cast no-shows really well, though I think we really need everyone left to make sure they keep that January 27th date free or we really will be in dire straits! As it stands, I think it'll be a nice little session which doesn't overstretch us, and we should be able to get 80% of the play recorded with only a few scenes to mop up in later meetings.

Elsewhere, Si and I have actually been working hard on Story 3! The title is still actually under debate so I won't announce it, but it's had two working titles so far. It would be nice to not actually leave it a year before doing another play next time, especially as work on the next script is underway already, but I'm not sure how our main cast would take that - we'll see how they feel after tackling "Soap"!

Si.

Sorry to hear about the cast drop outs. I was looking forward to the scenes with Trudi.
    Will it be possible for me to hear Trudi's lines on the recording day so that I can try to react to how she says them or is that far too difficult?
    Sorry to be such a thesp about these things but I find it easier to "act" when I can hear the other person.

Yes, that's perfectly possible. I can probably play the lines in as you read the scene through, so it'll just be like she's there!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I'm still casting around for Gary the Dresser.

Si.
    Si, I'm glad everything is going well. I'm more than willing to make up any character that you are short if you want, last resort and all that.
    I'm also happy to do another play during 2007 if you can put up with my company.

Wayne Guest

I've just realized that Tim has gone anonymous!
    Did you walk into a door, or something?

Thanks Tim, but you already have one of the most important parts in the play! We wouldn't want to double up such a major role with another one. However, I'm planning to finger Mr Cox as Gary the Dresser, in addition to the other part he's lined up to do! I'm sure he can handle the challenge.

Si.

I'm planning to finger Mr Cox as Gary the Dresser, in addition to the other part he's lined up to do! I'm sure he can handle the challenge.
    Last edited by Antony Cox; 19th Dec 2006 at 10:15 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't think the Doctor does have any scenes with Rufus Sugar actually!
    We do get a scene together, but I mumble.

Not much acting required.

A quick update - the "Soap of Fatal Death" website will be launching very soon, and will be home to all the news, pictures, articles and downloads for the new audio!

Is everyone geared up for some acting?

Si.

I am once I shake off the snotty part of my cold. I think we could do without a snuffly Doctor.
    And I'm more than happy to record another one later in the year.

Hurrah! Si and I are having great fun working on the next story, so delighted we've got our Doctor!

Si.

I know how you feel Paul. Two more of the main cast are a bit bunged up at the moment as well! Still, we've got a few weeks to go yet, so hopefully we'll all be fully recovered by the recording.

One of the books I need for the research for story 3 arrived yesterday. It's all very exciting!

Si xx

We really must think up a proper title, rather than keep calling it "story 3"!

We thought it might be nice to go out for a meal at the recording, rather than get fish and chips like before, fun though that was. Nothing too lavish, just a pub or something! I might see if I can find a new one nearby, or would people be happy with the Market Hotel which has been the dining out venue for the last couple of HaRpi Towers based gatherings? There will be less people at this recording, so we'll have a little more room anyway.

What sort of time do people think they will be able to arrive on the Saturday? Did I remember rightly that you are working Si, and therefore can't come down the night before like last time? Whenever people can manage to get there we will cope anyway!

Also Paul, I noticed the other day that Alex has still got some lines to record! No urgency or anything, but next time he's visiting, could you tie him up and stick a microphone in front of him?

Si.

We can come down the night before Si. I arranged the date around my weekend off this time round.

Si xx