Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    If there's no Rhys, then I won't enjoy it quite as much.
    Who knows ... maybe his wife forgot to record wife swap.

Now that would be a fun episode. Rhys forgot he sent them in for wife swap, and Gwen has to keep Torchwood secret from the camera crew.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

DS have revealed details about new characters:

Details have been revealed of three new characters who will appear in the upcoming fourth series of Torchwood.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the new episodes - which will be co-produced by the BBC and US network Starz - will introduce new regular Rex Matheson, a "CIA agent born to make waves" with a "wicked" sense of humour.

The show will also introduce two new recurring characters - Oswald Jones, a convicted murderer and paedophile, and Esther Katusi, a young CIA agent "who learns what she’s really made of only when she’s forced to". Both roles are said to be "key to the new season".

Casting for all three parts is believed to be ongoing. Series star John Barrowman recently revealed that he is "ecstatic" about the fourth series of Torchwood, while his co-star Eve Myles admitted that she is "nervous" about filming in America.

The new episodes are expected to air on Starz in the US and on BBC One in the UK next summer
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Will these new characters be played by David Duchovny, Billy Connolly and Gillian Anderson?

More details on the new characters -

[REX MATHESON] CAUCASIAN, Late 20s, CIA agent, a fast-tracked high-flyer. And he knows it! Rex is fast, sharp, smart, clever, and when the situation demands it, ruthless. He’s got a lethal sense of humor – he doesn’t care if he makes enemies, he’s too busy enjoying himself. But when Rex’s life is put in danger, he feels his own mortality for the first time, and has to balance the demands of the job, and his duty to his country, against his desperate desire to survive. Though that doesn’t defeat him – if anything, it makes him even more arrogant and unstoppable than ever. For Rex, all rules are off! Like him or loathe him, you can’t miss him – and that’s exactly how Rex wants things to be. Series regular.

[ESTHER KATUSI] She’s early 20s, a Watch Analyst at the CIA – it’s one of the less glamorous jobs, filtering information to pass along the chain. But Esther’s determined to better herself! She’s still young, so the job hasn’t made her cynical yet – she’s still an optimist, ever hopeful, and her faith in mankind is sustained by her own Christianity. She’s hopelessly in love with one of the CIA agents, Rex Matheson, though she’d never tell him. Nevertheless, she’s no pushover – she’s more than capable of thinking for herself, and can break the rules when she needs to. And when Esther’s forced off the grid, and on the run, she learns to survive, fast. She turns out to be a natural, learning to fight and run with the best of them, without ever losing her essential good-hearted nature. Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities EXCEPT Caucasian. Recurring Guest Star. Will appear in many, or possibly all 10 episodes.

[OSWALD JONES] CAUCASIAN, Late 40s, a convicted murderer and pedophile. But he’s no thug – this man is dangerously clever. Oswald escapes his sentence on a technicality, and finds himself becoming a media celebrity. And he’s sharp enough to make the most of the situation, and profit from it. He’s always thinking, always aware, always looking for the chance to promote himself – while living with the fact that many people want him dead. He appears to be wonderfully, genuinely repentant – but underneath, he’s still boiling with lust and rage. And one day, he’s going to lose control again. But this man is destined to become more important than even he could have foreseen, as terrifying events of worldwide significance begin to turn around him… Recurring Guest Star. Will appear in many, or possibly all 10 episodes.

I'd expect nothing less.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

That sounds really, really bad.

I'm not one to make accurate predictions, but I think everyone is going to wish that Torchwood had stayed dead. They need to leave that resurrection glove alone!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    More details on the new characters -

[REX MATHESON] CAUCASIAN, Late 20s, CIA agent, a fast-tracked high-flyer. And he knows it! Rex is fast, sharp, smart, clever, and when the situation demands it, ruthless. He’s got a lethal sense of humor – he doesn’t care if he makes enemies, he’s too busy enjoying himself. But when Rex’s life is put in danger, he feels his own mortality for the first time, and has to balance the demands of the job, and his duty to his country, against his desperate desire to survive. Though that doesn’t defeat him – if anything, it makes him even more arrogant and unstoppable than ever. For Rex, all rules are off! Like him or loathe him, you can’t miss him – and that’s exactly how Rex wants things to be. Series regular.

[ESTHER KATUSI] She’s early 20s, a Watch Analyst at the CIA – it’s one of the less glamorous jobs, filtering information to pass along the chain. But Esther’s determined to better herself! She’s still young, so the job hasn’t made her cynical yet – she’s still an optimist, ever hopeful, and her faith in mankind is sustained by her own Christianity. She’s hopelessly in love with one of the CIA agents, Rex Matheson, though she’d never tell him. Nevertheless, she’s no pushover – she’s more than capable of thinking for herself, and can break the rules when she needs to. And when Esther’s forced off the grid, and on the run, she learns to survive, fast. She turns out to be a natural, learning to fight and run with the best of them, without ever losing her essential good-hearted nature. Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities EXCEPT Caucasian. Recurring Guest Star. Will appear in many, or possibly all 10 episodes.

[OSWALD JONES] CAUCASIAN, Late 40s, a convicted murderer and pedophile. But he’s no thug – this man is dangerously clever. Oswald escapes his sentence on a technicality, and finds himself becoming a media celebrity. And he’s sharp enough to make the most of the situation, and profit from it. He’s always thinking, always aware, always looking for the chance to promote himself – while living with the fact that many people want him dead. He appears to be wonderfully, genuinely repentant – but underneath, he’s still boiling with lust and rage. And one day, he’s going to lose control again. But this man is destined to become more important than even he could have foreseen, as terrifying events of worldwide significance begin to turn around him… Recurring Guest Star. Will appear in many, or possibly all 10 episodes.

I'd expect nothing less.
    Torchwood with added Fonzie, Admin Scully framed for a crime she did not commit and the INCREDIBLE two dimensional man?

Well... didn't the original series just have one or two episodes I liked anyway? ("Children Of Earth" aside)

Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities EXCEPT Caucasian.
    Racist!!

Si.

What a bunch of old clichés. I look forward to the banter between Jack and the paedophile. Edgy.

At least Toshiko Scully isn't described as "feisty".

Is James Marsters busy on something else.....?

I agree with Mr.McCow, I think it would have been better if it had bowed out with the wonderful CoE, this looks certain to destroy all the good work that put in.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

If I was a character in Torchwood, I would be described thus:

Si Hunt - Early 20's, a breezy, well-intentioned high-flyer... and he knows it! Si is sharp, doesn't suffer fools gladly and, when his electricity supplier tries to up his quarterly direct debit payment, often ruthless. He's got a wicked sense of humour, a good sense of duty to his local pub, but also an edgy streak, being known to crack off a ripe juicy fart in the office in full sniffing range of his colleagues. However, Si also has a dark side, and after his carefree work persona has left the office, has been known to patrol the isles of the local Tesco Metro for vulnerable twinks. And when it comes to playing by the rules - all bets are off, as he sneaks home a regular supply of office bubble wrap for sinister Ebaying purposes. But like him or loathe him, Si doesn't suffer feisty optimistic high-flying fools gladly.

Si.

I think we need to describe Vera Jundrey in those terms!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

AWESOME WELLS
    - He's mid 30s, a former bartender at a vaguely mid-market provincial chain-bar – it’s one of the less glamorous jobs, serving alcohol to pissed up customers of the chain. But Awesome's determined to better himself! Although he's no longer young and the job made him dismally cynical, he's still an optimist, ever hopeful, and his faith in the books he's written is sustained by alcohol. He's hopelessly in love with several women, though he'll never tell any of them because they're either married or gay or probably both. Nevertheless, he's no pushover – he's more than capable of thinking for himself and used to break the rules as often as possible until he was forced off the bar and onto the sofa by the mysterious forces of Resigning. However, he turns out to be a natural, learning to watch repeats of Coast and Top Gear with the best of them, without ever losing his essential mobile phones. Please submit actors of all races and ethnicities EXCEPT David Tennant or John Cusack or Ant Cox (depending on hairstyle). Recurring Guest Star, or preferably a twenty year contract. Will appear in all or possibly more episodes.

[JON PERTWEE] CAUCASIAN, Late 40s, maybe 50s, UNIT agent, a silver-haired HAII!-flyer. And Jo knows it! Jon is fast, sharp, smart, clever, and when the situation demands it, Terry Walsh. He’s got a lethal sense of patronising arrogance – he doesn’t care if he makes enemies, he’s too busy crossing the void beyond the mind. But when Jon sees the Master in a dream not half an hour ago, he feels his own mortality for the first time, and has to balance the demands of repairing the dematerialisation circuit, and his duty to the Brig, against his desperate desire to drive a gadget-packed car. Though that doesn’t defeat him – if anything, it makes him even more arrogant and unstoppable than ever. For Jon, all rules are off! Like him or love him, you can’t miss him because he's like a tall lightbulb that sort of glitters – and that’s exactly how Jon wants things to be. His eyeline will be central in every shot.

[IAN LEVINE] CAPACIOUS GULLET, Late 40s, a forgotten record producer and self-styled television historian. But he’s not actually qualified to do anthing – this man is dangerously ignorant. Levine escapes from obscurity on a technicality, and finds himself becoming a convention celebrity. And he’s sharp enough to find a copy of the first Troughton story, stick it under his bed and profit from the possibility that another story might one day turn up. He’s always eating, always perverted, always looking for the chance to promote himself – while living with the fact that many people want him dead. He appears to be genuinely repellant – and underneath, he is. He’s still boiling with lust and rage, the toe of his gym shoe poised in front of an HD-Ready TV. And one day, he’s going to lose control again. But this man is destined to become more trivial than even he could have foreseen, as terrifying events of barely any significance begin to turn around him… Recurring Guest Star. Will claim to have found the mastertapes of many, or possibly all 10 episodes.

[IAN LEVINE] CAPACIOUS GULLET
    The 21st Century is when the libel laws change... and you've gotta be ready!

SFX have interviewed Russell about what the hell is going on with this:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/07/23/inte...lks-torchwood/

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....torchwood.html

The Writers have been announced. We've got:

John Shiban ("Breaking Bad," "Supernatural," "The X-Files"), Doris Egan ("House," "Tru Calling," "Dark Angel'), Jane Espenson ("Game of Thrones," "Battlestar Galactica," "Buffy") and John Fay (a U.K. "Torchwood" writer).
    This lady's blog seems to have quite a lot of Torchwood news and views.

Well that makes me pretty optimistic about the series, Jane Espensen especially as she's written some great Buffy and Angel episodes. Infact it's only Doris Egan who has a dodgy track record, though that said I haven't seen her House episodes.

Here's more info on it from DS:

Davies reveals 'Torchwood: The New World'
    Monday, August 9 2010, 09:37 BST

Torchwood creator Russell T. Davies has revealed more details of the upcoming fourth series, including the full title.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the next series of the Doctor Who spinoff has been given the subtitle The New World. The episodes will follow CIA agent Rex and analyst Ester as they investigate an alien conspiracy and encounter Captain Jack (John Barrowman) and Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles).

"[Torchwood is] like a legend now... it's like something that's ceased to exist and is now spoken of only in whispers," said Davies. "The two teams coming together is a big part of the story. Are they friends or enemies? There's a lot of sparks and excitement."

The showrunner also explained that airing on the Starz network could allow Torchwood to be more relaxed with regards to violence and sexual content. "I've always had loose standards and practices," he explained. "If the story demands intimacy or savagery, we will go there absolutely."

Executive producer Julie Gardner added that The New World would reboot the show to make it accessible to new viewers. "We definitely have a really big story to tell," she said. "It's absolutely rebooted to welcome in a new audience."
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

And you can read more here about the the Torchwood 'reboot' http://io9.com/5607197/new-torchwood...ssell-t-davies
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I agree, Jane Espensen does have a good track record, but the sound of the whole project fills me with dread!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

STARZ~! have put out a bit of a synopsis thing.

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.co...-world_18.html
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Latest Blah from Digispy reveals... little. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s8/...ticle_continue

Torchwood creator Russell T Davies has revealed more details about the upcoming fourth series, subtitled The New World.

The writer told Collider that previous mini-series Children of Earth was being used as "the template of the new Torchwood."

"Children of Earth left things almost format-less," he said. "They had no base, no authority and no mission... except to survive. They're very much underground [now] and trying to survive. They've taken extreme actions. They have friends, they have enemies and they have betrayals."

He continued: "We've got one script and very concrete storylines, so we know there are new regulars, new occasional guest stars and relatives of those characters."

Davies also confirmed that The New World would take place two years after the events of the previous series.

"Torchwood will have been off-air for two years, so I think it will feel like two years have passed," he explained. "The script isn't that specific about it, but I think that two-year gap feels right."

He added that plans to shoot on location in Los Angeles were "yet to be confirmed".

"Any place can double up as a number of places," he suggested. "There will be scenes set in Washington, certainly, but we won't go to Washington to shoot."

Torchwood: The New World is expected to air on Starz in the US and on BBC One in the UK next summer.

I shall not get excited until they have it shot & we are reading about tx dates.

From the Doctor Who Newspage:

Showbiz site Deadline are reporting that the actress Arlene Tur has been cast as a surgeon named Vera Juarez in the new series of Torchwood, The New World. The actress is best known on screen for her role as Bebe Arcel in another series by the network Starz, Crash.

A number of names have been associated with the main roles of the series, including Enver Gjokaj (Victor/Anthony Ceccoli in Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (Lucas Scott in One Tree Hill) for CIA Agent Rex Matheson, and Amber Stevens (Ashleigh Howard in Greek) as Watch Analyst Esther Katusi - however, apart from the established characters played by John Barrowman (Jack), Eve Myles (Gwen) and Kai Owen (Rhys), no other cast announcements have been made so far.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's about time there was another Vera in the Doctor Who franchise.

Si.

So Rhys is going to be in it! Hurray!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?