Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

From the Doctor Who Newspage:

Torchwood: The New World is due to commence filming in the United States from the 11th January 2011.

The date was reported in an interview with Eve Myles (Gwen) in the Wales on Sunday. As well as the filming in America, the star will return to Wales for filming in Gower for a couple of weeks at the end of January.

Eve mentioned her plans for relocation to Los Angeles for the shoot, finding a place in Los Angeles for her, her partner, and daughter:
    We are going to be living in the Hollywood Hills, literally underneath the Hollywood sign. It looks like something out of Austin Powers. It’s a step back in time to Hollywood in the 1960s. It’s really, really retro. It’s had one owner and it’s been kept exactly as it was. I’m much more of a traditional Laura Ashley girl but if we are going to be there for seven months, we have to go for old-fashioned Hollywood and enjoy the full experience!

You can follow the progress of the series from the official Twitter account, @TW_TheNewWorld.
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The most amazing news EVAH has dribbled out of the interwebs!

ANDY 2 TEAS is BACK BACK BACK!!!!

A couple of cast members from the previous series of Torchwood have tweeted today on their involvement in the next series, The New World.

Confirmed last month, Kai Owen who plays Gwen's husband Rhys will be returning to the show; in a tweet this afternoon the actor reported:
    In about one month from today I'm gonna be putting on my 'Rhys' costume once more!!
    Meanwhile, actor and comedian Tom Price, who played Gwen's former colleague in the police Andy Davidson, has hinted that he too would be back in the next series; in response to Owen's comment:
    @KaiKaiOwen I look forward to seeing that costume. Jeans and a t-shirt, yeah?
    Sorting out a US visa. Now...why would I be doing that?
    Doing a little bit of Torching Wood in America next year. Already trying out my Welsh/LA accent. It's SO hot, like.
    Well that's all shaping up nicely. It won't be losing it's Welsh flavour as it gets transported overseas. But who will be left on the shore holding two cups of tea this time?*

*It'll be PC Andy 'Two Teas', that's who.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Blimey! Bill Pullman!

Hot on the heels of news about Mekhi Phifer being cast yesterday, today Deadline reports long-time Hollywood actor Bill Pullman will be joining the cast of Torchwood: The New World. He will be playing one of the lead roles in the series, that of the psychotic Oswald Jones.

Like Phifer, Pullman was born in New York (1953). Starting out in the theatre, he made the move to the big screen in the 1986 film Ruthless People (with Bette Midler and Danny De Vito); he quickly rose to lead role status the following year in the Mel Brooks sci-fi spoof Spaceballs, and he has since been involved in a number of successful films, including Sleepless in Seattle, While You Were Sleeping, and Casper. However, his sci-fi credentials are probably best represented in what is possibly his highest profile role, portraying President of the United States Thomas Whitmore in the Will Smith/Jeff Goldblum blockbuster, Independence Day.

On television, he is best known for playing Harvard scientist and astrophysicist Bill Massey in the supernatural thriller series Revelations.

Si xx

OMFG OMFG - if Andy 'Two Teas' wasn't enough, now LONE STARR is playing a PSYCHO!!!! W00T OMFG ROFL LOL!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

This is in danger of being half-decent.

Si.

That is a scary and unexpected prospect... again!

Si xx

I don't think that's a severe danger yet, Si.

John Barrowman has told The Scottish Sun that the BBC and the Starz Network are planning to make seven years of Torchwood.

Barrowman, who is currently appearing in Aladdin at Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium told the paper

I have turned down a load of other shows to make Torchwood. We'll be filming it in LA as it's now a collaboration between the BBC and the Starz Network in America. They're planning to make it for the next seven years. So I'll be spending six months a year in Hollywood and six back in the UK.

Torchwood: The New World is currently in production for transmission in the summer of 2011.
    Oh my!

Si xx

Seven years! Seven damn years!

I wonder if RTD will be involved in all that time?

It's like Torture-Wood. Haha!

Si xx

How are they going to cover up Barrowman's blatant ageing over seven years? Or will they pay to keep him in botox?

Neighbours Katya Kinski joins the show

I wonder if she's learnt to act yet?

Si xx

Apparently it'll start on BBC One on July 1st.

Si xx

But when will it air in the USA is what I want to know!?!?

Never thought I'd be in this annoying position!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Apparently it'll be on the same day:

The BBC's official Torchwood channel on Facebook and Twitter has confirmed that Torchwood: The New World will broadcast in both the United Kingdom and United States on 1st July 2011.

The UK broadcast time has been listed as 9:00pm on BBC1/BBC1HD.

As well as the social networking links, further coverage of the show is expected to appear on the BBC's Torchwood website and dedicated YouTube channel, torchwoodofficial
    Si xx

That July 1st date is not confirmed as it was on a fake Facebook page! Not as surprise really as the BBC never confirm transmission dates until a couple of weeks or so beforehand, certainly not 6 months in advance!

Also, the series has been renamed Miracle Day. Having read a short plot synopsis, it sounds quite intriguing!

Each episode will have its own individual title (unlike “Children Of Earth”)

Russell T Davies will be writing episodes one and ten
    Jane Espenson is writing episodes three, five, seven and eight.
    Doris Egan is writing episode two
    John Shiban is writing episode six
    Lena Kaur has been cast as Dr Alicia Patel – the actress is best known as Leila in Hollyoaks
    Danny Szam will play a character listed as Surveillance – he’s appeared in Skins, Doctors, The Royal and Casualty
    Daniel Adegboyega will play a guard
    William Thomas is returning to the show playing Gwen’s father Geraint Cooper
    Stay awake Torchwoodies*! This is breaking news!

*From now on, Torchwood fans should be referred to as 'Woodies'.

It appears that nobody's writing episodes four and nine - they'll probably be the best ones!

Episodes 4 and 9 just HAPPEN. They put the actors in a room with a camera and watch them go!

"Improvise Eve! Improvise!"

Si xx

Russell Torchwood Davies May Leave Torchwood.

Torchwood creator Russell T. Davies has suggested that he may leave the show.

The writer told BBC News that he will likely move on to other projects once new ten-part series Miracle Day is complete.

"It's interesting as to how long I can stay in the science fiction world," he said. "Personally I think I'm coming to the end of it now and I've saved the world and blown up the world too many times."

Davies added that he hopes to leave the series in "rude health" for other writers to take over.

"It's time to write something just where people talk in kitchens, at least for me," he insisted. "But I hope we literally leave the franchise in a very strong position [so] that other writers come in and take it over."

However, he admitted that it had been "brilliant" to return to the show for potentially the final time.

"In a way for me, Torchwood never went away because it always lives in my head," he explained. "Eve Myles's character Gwen Cooper and obviously Captain Jack, played by John Barrowman, it's their fourth year of stories now. It's kind of like they have become modern legends. I love that."

Torchwood: Miracle Day will air on BBC One in the UK and Starz in the US.
    So it'll be on BBC One, eh?

Two more actors have been confirmed for roles in the next series of Torchwood.

In an interview with BBC News, series creator Russell T. Davies recently confirmed that Sharon Morgan will reprise her role as Mary, the mother of Gwen (Eve Myles).

The actress previously played the role in 2008 Torchwood episode 'Something Borrowed' and has also appeared in BBC Wales drama Belonging and sitcom After You've Gone.

Last week, it was confirmed that William Thomas will also return to the show as Gwen's father Geraint.
    Wasn't her Mum Nerys Hughes?

Si.

Nah, she was the mother in law, Rhys' Mum!

I ain't 'fraid of no weevil!

Ernie Hudson, best known as Winston Zeddemore, the “fourth” member of the team in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, will be appearing in Torchwood: Miracle Day, according to The Doctor Who News Page.

The site also reports that C Thomas Howell, who played one of Elliot’s friends way back in ET: The Extra-Terrestrial, and who will soon be appearing in Amazing Spider-Man, also has a guest appearance on the show. Both actors’ roles have yet to be revealed.

Meanwhile, at the Gallifrey One Convention, Torchwood: Miracle Day writers Jane Espenson and Doris Egan revealed that the writing team has been discussing ideas for future Torchwood stories, though a further series has yet to be commissioned.
    So the new series will be a cross between Torchwood, Ghostbusters and Independence Day, only more adult.