Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pip Madeley Guest

U is for Uncle Jack

In 1990 Doctor Who was off the air but its spirit lived on in CBBC comedy-drama Uncle Jack starring Paul Jones (yes, he of Manfred Mann) as Jack Green, an environmentalist trying to save the planet - he would have been right at home in 'The Green Death' and his performance/character were more than a little Doctorish.. he even has a big Pertwee-esque nose! And the show had its very own Rani, in the form of supervillain biologist The Vixen, played by the iconic Fenella Fielding, who is bent double on dominating the world mainly through changing the ecology of the planet.

Four series were originally broadcast between 1990 and 1993, the last going out when I was just 8 years old. I've been lucky to have to seen a couple of episodes recently but I'm dying to get them all... if anyone of you has it, PM me!

I remember Dev from Coronation Street as Mustapha Pee-Pee or something like that.

Pip Madeley Guest

His character was called Jose Cuervo... not as funny

I'd love to see the first series - Edward Brayshaw AND James Bree were in it

It wasn't Dev then but there was a character with that name in the fourth and final series...

Imelda Potte ... Natasha Gray
    Denis Ashington-Smythe ... Michael Cochrane
    Hugo Barley ... John Turnbull
    Pearl Barley ... Caroline O'Connor
    Imogen Prattalot ... Moyra Fraser
    Helen ... Catherine Bailey
    Mustafa Pipi ... Stewart Permutt
    Saleem ... Rocky Samrai
    Decorator ... Nigel Miles-Thomas
    Sir Humphrey Morton ... Patrick Marley

http://www.geocities.com/vkrippen/

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    I can't think of one for Q
    The only one I can think of is The Queen's Nose based on the children's book by Dick King-Smith about a girl who can wish for things by rubbing the queen's nose of a 50 pence piece.

Pip Madeley Guest

Classic series! I remember Paula Wilcox in that, thinking she was a bit of a MILF... years before the term was invented

V is for Vision On

Probably my favourite programme featuring Tony Hart, as it had a lot more variety than just the artwork.

We're sorry that we cannot return your pictures....
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Leptil View Post
    The only one I can think of is The Queen's Nose based on the children's book by Dick King-Smith about a girl who can wish for things by rubbing the queen's nose of a 50 pence piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Classic series! I remember Paula Wilcox in that, thinking she was a bit of a MILF... years before the term was invented
    Actually, I think it's still being repeated on the TV!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Pip Madeley Guest

Here's something for Si and Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    T is for The Tomorrow People

Cheap once again is the word, but the stories are engaging and the series encouraged an outbreak of homosexuality aroiund the UK in the late 70s. I may have made that up. Anyway, at its best it's a great show. At its worst it's highl;y entertaining for all thw wrong reasons.

Si xx
    Reach out with a fist and break out!! I was introduced this series five years ago by a friend and fell in love with it instantly. It's cheap, cheerful, badly acted, but oddly comforting television. As you say it's nothing if not pure entertainment, and contains some of the funniest commentaries to ever grace a DVD.
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'

Pip Madeley Guest

I had the pleasure of seeing THE LIVING SKINS episode with a few PSers... hilarious

Yes, The Living Skins is definitely a classic (although the bubble skins look very much like early shell suits!!). If you end up in the position again to pick a Tomorrow People story at a PS Party ask for A Man For Emily - that one is infamous!!

I ain't going to play no story about the doooselum pin to ma friends the Momma!
    It's infamous with good reason! It's not even so terrible it's good, it's so terrible it's terrible!

Anyway, moving right along,

W is for Why Don't You
    And the majority of times it was on I took the advice of the theme song and stiched off the TV set and went out and did something less boring instead!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

X is for X-Men, the cartoon series. Well, it's getting hard now.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I ain't going to play no story about the doooselum pin to ma friends the Momma!
    It's infamous with good reason! It's not even so terrible it's good, it's so terrible it's terrible!
    It also has the distinction of introducing a certain very well known actor in his very first television role of everybodies favourite manboy, Elmer!!

Y is for You and Me

I remember the turning brick intro and the adventures of Duncan the Dragon and Alice and Crow very fondly before those young upstarts Cosmo and Dibbs took over and UB40 rearranged the theme in the reggae stylee!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Zzzzap!

Mad CITV show with Sophie Aldred as a witch - very childish and silly but I seemed to watch it a lot back in the day...

Feel free to go round again and choose different shows!

I loved that show!

Come to think of it, whatever happened to CiTV? It seems to have melted away...
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I think that was one of the services in the news a year or so ago that ITV are doing away with, along with some regional news areas, for budgetary reasons.

Great news Pip, we have found ALL the episodes of Uncle Jack! I uploaded the Loch Noch Monster series, happy viewing! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eEI_rlM3HfYw8j

Serious nostalgia for Uncle Jack. Green issues front and centre too!

OK let's start again?

Art Attack

Neil Buchannan (of No.73 fame (Well I say fame (But then it was at the time, certainly for a youngster like me))) presents a show with an ever-so-slightly morbid title but a very upbeat and joyful tone. Always found this bright and colourful and fun even though as it was 1990 I was a little old for it.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!