Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doctor Who: The Kalrexi Mutation

An aggressive alien jungle, teeming with strange squarking creatures... a tribe of sinister hooded strangers chanting for sacrifice... and a megalomanical Robinson Crusoe stalking through the trees. It is, to all intents and purposes, an ordinary day for the Doctor, Nick and Rob.

But questions abound, as ever. Why is Rob plagued by dreams of chattering robots? Just how did the stranded outcast Professor Thraxton wind up on Kalrexi? And what's up with the monkeys?

Then, deep in the jungle, the Doctor discovers that even a Time Lord can run out of time...

"The Kalrexi Mutation" stars Alex Finch as Doctor Who, Steve Alexander As Rob, Dave Tudor as Nick and Simon Hart as Professor Thraxton.

A trailer can be downloaded here

Download Episode 1 on Saturday!

Si.

WHO is the Doctor? Oh my!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That sounds really good - what a shame I can't download it for a week (I'm currently living in the land broadband forgot).

Very intriguing, I've been looking forward to this one ever since the Christmas trailer, and the Golden Moon and security droids are back too!

My outlandish theory shall now be that this new Doctor is secretly Controller Leckard...FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE. But that's not likely to be true...
    Last edited by Martin Penny; 25th Jun 2009 at 11:08 PM.

Way down deep in the middle of the jungle...

The only things I can remember about recording this one are Si Hart's evil laugh and a certain shocking line about Monkeys. Who's fault is that then?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Will Alex start the story wearing a wig to make him look like Paul just as the regenerating starts? It's been done before you know!!!

How exciting, can't wait for t'weekend!

Wayne Guest

Now this looks interesting!

I love the picture, kudos to the talent behind that!

The trailer's great too, I'm really looking forward to hearing the finished effort - though a tad nervous as it's the first time I've taken centre stage, as it were.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

The story begins...

http://planetskaro.org.uk/audios/3.5...n-Episode1.mp3

Enjoy and feedback!
    Last edited by SiHart; 27th Jun 2009 at 9:59 AM.

As those of you who have heard the episode so far can probably tell I rather enjoyed my starring role in this episode. I've always wanted to play a villain and I relished every moment of it! Sorry though for sounding so much like the Shroon captain in parts- in my defence I can say that I did it first as we recorded this one last summer!

Si xx

Might be just my PC, but I don't think the link is working Pip!

Undaunted, though, I've typed the link into my browser - I feel like Adric in Logopolis ("Machine code, oh how boring!"). So off we go with episode 1. I'll be back in, oh, about 25 minutes I guess!!

I've sorted the link out. Should work OK now.

Si xx

I have just listened to Kalraxi part 1 and I have to say it was just fantastic. Alex was a good Doctor and Si was menacing as Thraxton. I cannot wait for Part 2.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

A squawky alien jungle, and the TARDIS unable to leave due to a vital component being broken? Is this a story from the 1960s...?

"That's for throwing shit at my Mum!" No, clearly it's not!!

What an intriguing episode - the unusually small cast made an interesting change, and really helped showcase the new Doctor. Great performance all round, Rob & Nick as reliable as ever, Si by turns scary & salacious (and where he gets his wine from... shudder), and Alex being very Doctory, a little bit irritable, a little bit sarcy, excellent.

I must admit to guessing the cliffhanger, but that's no bad thing - and it still leaves everything up in the air for the final episode next week!

Yay! Back in the banner.

I know Mr Hunt had the basic idea for this knocking around for years. The play itself has been languishing in the background for almost as long, so it's great to see it finally unleashed!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

And I thought Warriors' Gate was confusing!

It's ever so enjoyable and I'm pleased to hear the shock reveal of a gun being brought back into the mix!

Si xx

I was pleased to hear Doctor Fraxton introducing himself!

At least I didn't ad lib half my lines in this episode!

Si xx

I can't remember if it's this episode or next, but SOMEONE is responsible for the phrase "heeby mcjeebyingtons" being featured in a PS Audio...

Si.

Miaow girlfriend!

This wasn't a 'Rob' story when you wrote it, was it? Sorry about that.

I think we have the particualr still to look forward to.

Si xx

A very enjoyable episode I thought. I'm really enjoying Alex' portrayal of the Doctor, very cheery and quite different to Paul's - though I suspect he won't be an 'official' Doctor in the end, I think I'd quite like to see an Alex-Doctor story.

I love the more than slightly camp Thraxton - "I COMMAND IT!" and the old 'evil laugh turned spluttering cough' were moments that made me smile.

Nice to see the old mark four security droids back too!

Managed to download it from work! I really did enjoy Alex's turn as the Doctor.

I thought the attempt to have so much in flashback was brave, though sometimes feels a bit clunky. It does feel a bit like it's the end of the first episode and not a lot has happened. Alternatively it could be that the end of the first episode seemed to happen too soon!

So far the story reminds me of a strange fusion of the Red Dwarf episodes Terrorform and Rimmerworld ...

All intriguing stuff so far, especially if (as it sounded to me) there are at least 2 Dr Thraxtons. I'm very glad the much debated Monkey Fight line stayed in, and love the Homer-style flashbacks. But still a lot of mystery to be solved
    Bazinga !