Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wayne Guest

Default What are you doing for New Years Eve?

Blimey, 2006 has gone fast! The eve of 2007 is already upon us!
    So what will the good people of Planet Skaro be doing?

As usual, i'll be gigging as it's a big earner for me. :wayne But afterwards i'm certain to be in my favourite local pub until the early hours.

Supposed to be going to a party, to be honest i can't be arsed and i'd rather just read a book.

Wayne Guest

A party could be fun? But know what you mean. Sometimes it feels a bit obligatory to go out on New Years Eve, just 'coz you're supposed to.
    I avoid the city centre at all costs, because it's likely to be full of tossers causing trouble.
    If you can find somewhere that suits you it can be a good night though.
    Last edited by Wayne; 31st Dec 2006 at 1:43 AM.

Yeah, i just don't feel like the usual new year party, which is pretty much what this party will be, and Edinburgh is the crappest city to spend new year in full of drunks and tourists and too many people. I'd rather do something very interesting, or just have a night in with some Wodehouse or something!

I think more often than not that parties are shite, and they depend on you being too drunk to notice how much they suck. But i don't fancy that. I'd rather have a tea party with a couple of good chums, but alas my friends tend to be all over the place these days.

I spent last new year in a student flat in Weegieland with a bunch of art college students, that was rather fun.
    Last edited by Raston; 31st Dec 2006 at 2:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Pip Madeley Guest

I've been invited to a thing at a local cricket club by friends, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered really. I won't know most of the people there... I'm not big on New Year parties.

I'm meant to be going to Edinburgh as my mate always blags Hogmanay Party Packs/Royal Bank Street Party Passes. The Fratellis and Complete Stone Roses are playing. Sadly, I won't get into the Concert In Princes Street Gardens this year. Pet Shop Boys, Paulo Nutini and The Alexander Brothers will be there, but the tickets were about 40/sold out months ago.

I'll just need to record it all off BBC1... along with Only An Excuse, Still Game and Jackie Bird.

Might just end up gatecrashing Glasgow's George Square effort and heckling Sandi Thom if it's too wet/windy to go all the way to Edinburgh. Then I'll be a city centre tosser!

Dave Lewis Guest

I'll be working - zippedy doo dah, zippedy day.. alien signals coming our way - but I'm sure it'll be as tolerable as it ever is. Wish I was still DJing though... that was always more fun!

PS Am I the last person to realise who 'Raston' is? If so, I apologise for my slowness. And if he isn't who I think he is, I apologise for my quickness.

I thought Raston was Bob!? Now I'm more confused than Dave doth be dooby doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    I'll just need to record it all off BBC1... along with Only An Excuse, Still Game and Jackie Bird.
    BBC Scotland, oh the joy! Still Game will be worth catching, but suicide beats the other options.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis View Post

PS Am I the last person to realise who 'Raston' is? If so, I apologise for my slowness. And if he isn't who I think he is, I apologise for my quickness.

I must admit, i figured it out on the first day.
    The clues were 'Metal', Bad spelling, & the vocabulary & politics of Julian from The Famous Five.

(Just teasing Mr.H)
    Last edited by Wayne; 31st Dec 2006 at 2:15 AM.

I'm Raston from Outpost Gallifrey, are you on there?
    Last edited by Raston; 31st Dec 2006 at 2:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raston View Post
    BBC Scotland, oh the joy! Still Game will be worth catching, but suicide beats the other options.
    Watching Jackie Bird (and her Hogmanay Dress) is still slightly better than that Colin and Justin mince on stv!

Dave Lewis Guest

Oh sorry, it's Andrew Hardie! My mistake.

Watching Jackie Bird (and her Hogmanay Dress) is still slightly better than that Colin and Justin mince on stv!
    I've never Risked ITV at new year, if the BBC can sink low, i shudder to think what ITV gives us. Well it does make 'Live TV' look like a decent channel the rest of the year!

But I thought I was Andrew Hardie!?

Wayne Guest

Oh sorry, it's Andrew Hardie! My mistake.
    Who did you think it was?!!

But I thought I was Andrew Hardie!?
    You are.

I'm Dawn Livingston, and Dave Lewis is really Richard Ebay (or whatever he is called) and Wayne is actually Neil Cathart and Ant is a christmas tree and Pip is a pair of jeans. It all makes sense.

Wayne Guest

No i'm not Neil Cathcart! I could never pull a bird who was as pretty as his wife! I'm actually Andrew Lucak(sp) Von Artz?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    But I quite like Raston. He's a cool Planet Skaro member 9/10.

Dave Lewis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I can't answer because I'd get banned immediately. Having said that, it's only a matter of time... just look at the Mods forum.

Wayne Guest

But I quite like Raston. He's a cool Planet Skaro member 9/10.
    He's a good sort really. But don't tell him i said so. They'd never forgive me down at the Marxist Arms pub.
    Last edited by Wayne; 31st Dec 2006 at 2:32 AM.

Wayne Guest

Having said that, it's only a matter of time... just look at the Mods forum.
    I bet that would be interesting.
    You'll just have to stop shopping at Tesco.

This must be a late contender for WORST PS THREAD OF THE YEAR!! Well worth staying up past 2:30am for.

Wayne Guest

This must be a late contender for WORST PS THREAD OF THE YEAR!! Well worth staying up past 2:30am for.

@James

*(There's another worthless post)

Dave Lewis Guest

This is the best thread ever! It only needs PS Admin to reveal itself as Richard Ely, Dalek Supreme to reveal himself as Jena Solar Brother and you to reveal yourself as Gilbert Poole and we've ticked all the boxes...