Default New Windows system in the wings ... has even Microsoft given up on Vista?

Some of the pre-hype for the new Windows 7 system ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10583669

Part of the blurb will be that this will be the most robust Windows yet.

I myself got Vista fairly early on, and it has been messy. It chews up processing, and is really quirky. As a software tester, I enjoyed the challenge, seeing it's dysfunctional behaviour as "money in the bank".

As a user though it peeves me off because it feels a bit like Microsoft released a half ready operating system, and rather than fixing all the problems have just bailed out and onto the next system.

Surely Microsoft have to be our world's equivalent of the Sirius Cybernetics Corperation, producing inept and sometimes unhelpful products, which we still end up buying anyway. Surely the genuine people personality laptop isn't far off ...

[Ever tried getting support for Microsoft ... and felt like "go stick your head in a pig"?]

Pip Madeley Guest

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Vista is a horrible OS - it's clunky and far far too over-protective.

I miss Windows 2000.

I had ME. And it grew on me, it really did. It really pained me, downloading this dodgy version of XP, knowing that I was leaving behind an operating system that had served me faithfully for many a year.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Wayne Guest

'98 was king!

If you've already made up your mind, now is (almost) the time to pre-order Windows VII.

Microsoft is making Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional available at substantial discounts for UK buyers prepared to pre-order.

Under this offer, the two editions will be available at £49.99 and £99.99 respectively, compared with the full prices of £149.99 and £219.99.

The web site will be taking orders from just after midnight on 15 July, but customers will not receive the software before the launch on 22 October.

Buyers can also pre-order from partners including Amazon.co.uk, Argos, Comet, Currys, Dixons, Ebuyer.com, John Lewis Partnership, Littlewoods, Micro Anvika, PC World, Play.com, Staples and Tesco.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.