Default Ticket Refunds - Would You Accept Them?

Recently, people who'd bought tickets to Michael Jackson's O2 shows were given the option of claiming a refund or keeping the ticket as a souvenir, which I think is a bit cheeky but I guess you can't blame them.

More recently, Oasis have refunded fans for their Manchester Show which had sound problems (which they didn't actually have to do anyway, as the gig still sort of happened) with nice 'Oasis' logo cheques, signed by Liam and Noel! In this case, you can't blame people for keeping them, and I bet they'll be collectors items.

But in each of these cases, if it was a band YOU adored, would you cash the refund or keep the ticket? And have you ever been let down by a cancelled gig? Any Amy fans in the house?

Si.

It'd be a refund for me every time. I do keep my gig tickets as a souvenir, but I wouldn't bother if the gig didn't actually happen / something went wrong during it. There's plenty of other ways you can remember a band you love, and I'd want the money so I could go and see someone else.

I've been lucky that I've never had a gig cancelled on me, though at V99 Placebo dropped out which I was really disappointed by, especially as they replaced them with Kula ****ing Shaker.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

I think I'd go for the refund too - as Alex says, the money could be used to enjoy someone else's music.