Default ... of Monkey Island

The original Secret of Monkey Island as been revamped into a new Special Edition which is just new graphics, sound, and voice acting laid on top of the original game (you can actually toggle back and forth from the original wit midi sound and the SE with a button push).

Also the first episode of the new Tales of Monkey Island was released a couple of days ago.

I've never played any of the Monkey Island games (or any other Lucasarts adventures for that matter), but these have my attention for some reason. I plan to play the new Special Edition of 'Secret' soon.

Anyone else a fan of this series?

The first three Monkey Island games were amongst the best games at the time (shame MI4 was a real disappointment), and are still entertaining now - I do intend to get these remakes eventually

I always preferred Lucas Arts 'point and click' games to the virtually identical in style Sierra games, since the LA games didn't screw you over by letting you not get an important item early in the game, and then ensure you need it right at the very end (I'm looking at you, Leisure Suit Larry II!
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

It's a sleeper hit!

I don't know if they are going to do a Special Edition of any of the other games other than the first one... I might not wait around for them anyway if I really like Secret. I've got it at home but haven't actually played it yet.

I'm not sure if I've ever played any LucasArts Adventures in the past, but I have played several Sierra Adventures: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers, Phantasmagoria, Phantasmagoria II, Shivers, and Shivers II.

I still have Gabriel Knight II and III to get around to one day.

Of those, I think only the first Gabriel Knight game would be similar to the LA style, the rest being more Myst-like in design perhaps.