Default Domain/Subdomain

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to try and transfer my "whovortex.com" domain to http://www.123-reg.co.uk and then from there create a "tsimpson.whovortex.com" URL for The Time Vortex Forum... I was just wondering how I should/could go about transfering whovortex.com from freewebs and then creating the "tsimpson.whovortex.com" domain? Cos my plan is to use that domain on the forum when it gets rebranded and then "tsimpson.timevortex.com" on the main site for a few weeks until it shuts down.

Thanks in advance.
    Tom Simpson
    My Top Three: "The War Games", "The Caves of Androzani" & "Time-Flight".

Err; I'm really unclear what you're asking for.

To transfer from Freewebs you need to follow their procedures.

To transfer to 123-reg you need to follow their procedures.

I would not create a tsimpson.whovortex.com subdomain. I would always keep with the existing internet conventions, i.e the website would be at www.whovortex.com (for example).
    N.B. you can set an entry for the whovortex.com domain (the provider might refer to that as @ ).

Unless, of course, there was a typo in that and you wanted the email address tsimpson@whovortex.com ???

You could then use www.whovortex to host a forum. You would need a webserver to do that (if you want my services please PM me; I can provide web serving and other internet related services).

I have no idea where timevortex.com and tsimpson.timevortex.com have come from.

I would never get rid of a domain if it gets traffic. Depending what your hosting provider provides, you can set up a redirect from (www.)whovortex.com to (www.)timevortex.com.

Hopefully some of the above you either already knew or gave you ideas on how to proceed. Either way, just post back if you need clarity on this.

Phil L.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Phil L View Post
    Err; I'm really unclear what you're asking for.

To transfer from Freewebs you need to follow their procedures.

To transfer to 123-reg you need to follow their procedures.

I would not create a tsimpson.whovortex.com subdomain. I would always keep with the existing internet conventions, i.e the website would be at www.whovortex.com (for example).
    N.B. you can set an entry for the whovortex.com domain (the provider might refer to that as @ ).

Unless, of course, there was a typo in that and you wanted the email address tsimpson@whovortex.com ???

You could then use www.whovortex to host a forum. You would need a webserver to do that (if you want my services please PM me; I can provide web serving and other internet related services).

I have no idea where timevortex.com and tsimpson.timevortex.com have come from.

I would never get rid of a domain if it gets traffic. Depending what your hosting provider provides, you can set up a redirect from (www.)whovortex.com to (www.)timevortex.com.

Hopefully some of the above you either already knew or gave you ideas on how to proceed. Either way, just post back if you need clarity on this.

Phil L.
    Eek! Sorry, I must have typed in "tsimpson.timevortex.com" instead of "tsimpson.whovortex.com"

Anyway, yeah, my original idea was just to re-direct the "whovortex.com" domain from the Time Vortex website to the Forum (s1.zetaboards.com/timevortex) and in the ACP, there are domain name transfer options etc.

Although, until I can get this all 100% up and running etc, I can just change the s1.zetaboards.com/timevortex url to s1.zetaboards.com/whovortex (when the rebranding/change comes, that is... as this was my original intention, but I wouldn't want the domain name to go to waste on a website that I won't be using anymore).
    Tom Simpson
    My Top Three: "The War Games", "The Caves of Androzani" & "Time-Flight".