Thread: New Posts

Default New Posts

I thought the old latest posts on ezboard was great - it doesn't seem to work properly here...just something I miss on the old system where you could reliably see at a glance what was happening.

As a perfect example this one doesn't appear (but probably will do now!)
    Last edited by Ralph; 1st Jan 2007 at 3:24 PM.

It appears for me Ralph, that's why I checked this board!

Maybe you need to refresh the main page more!

Si.

Thanks for the tip Si but mine doesn't work at all - no matter how many times I refreshs it only picks selected posts not the latest. Maybe it's just on my connection?

Dave Lewis Guest

No - mine is exactly the same, Ralph. To get round this creaky old excuse for a "New Posts" system, go to "Quick Links", and click "Today's Posts" - that updates with every new post and works exactly as the old latest posts system did on the old PS.

Makes one wonder what the point of "New Posts" is when it doesn't work and is totally useless. Perhaps it should stand for parliament.

Thanks Dave - that works just fine!

Doesn't the "new posts" feature show you new posts you've not read? Thus, a post you've just made, because you made it won't show. But as soon as someone replies to it, it will, because then that will be a new post to you.

Similarly if there have been no new posts to a thread since you last saw it, the thread won't appear. Because there are no new posts.

Wayne Guest

I've never bothered with all 'New Posts' & 'Mark Forums Read' kind of stuff.
    I just refresh. I always find it easy to tell what i've not read without all the technical malarky.