Default What are you NOT listening to?

Or music you've fallen out of love with?

It's a typical scenario in the modern age - your MP3 player is full.

But you've got 5 new albums to put on!!!

So what are you going to delete off there and why?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Okay looking through my MP3 player ...

Avril Lavigne

Yeah it was kind of punky and fun in 2003. But erm. I don't know if it's just me, but this actually feels a bit like "manufactured grunge-pop" at times.

Radiohead

They are an absolutely fantastic band. But I've found listening to them at work just makes me feel really fed up, like I should keep a Samaritans card on me. I know that's the point but all the same.

The Artic Monkeys

Actually don't know why this is on at all - I bought the album and only liked one song. Ooops.

INXS - Greatest hits

I think I've listened this album to death. I was playing it a bit too much during a delivery in 2006, so now every song reminds me of 19.3 release notes.

The Smiths

The music was brilliant and of it's time. But time has moved on a bit. Yes it's a trip down memory lane and "weren't we all scared of nuclear war in the 80s".

Sometimes I worry I listen to this in the same way that old people listen to wartime songs from Vera Lynne. I'm looking forward to being 20 years older so I can say things like "my generation almost died in a horrendous nuclear armageddon for the likes of you ingrates".

Possibly in the same vein - I have the best of the Cure on my MP3 player. Am I still trying to hold onto that kind of 6th Form chic???
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I've gone right off Radiohead too, though they were very important in my teen angst years. All fifteen of them.

The Killers are a key example of a band that I can't listen to any more. First album and the singles off the second album were all great, but now they've poisoned their well with some awful pretentious rubbish. It makes the first album harder to listen to!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I would love to love the Arctic Monkeys, but sadly I think I'm just too old to receive what they're transmitting. I just keep thinking "it's all a bit noisy isn't it?"

Si.

Hmmm, I've been struggling to fit my music collection on my (relatively) new iphone (32gb), but so far I've been managing it by only putting on select tracks. I'm starting to run out of space now though, and still have much more to convert over, so I may have this problem soon!

I know what you mean about Avril Lavigne though, she's still not on there!

The whole process though, has made me realise how much of my music collection I don't listen to. I've been surprised at how many of my favourite bands output I've managed to 'trim' to put on my iphone.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild