Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Captain Tancredi Guest

At the end of Part 2 of 'The Three Doctors', when UNIT HQ is transported through the black hole, it leaves a neatly manicured lawn behind. Do these people know nothing about foundations?

The builder must have been O'Reilly.

And thanks Si.

We just watched Part 1 of "Snakedance" and think we noticed something that no-one ever comments on... in Lon's first scene, if you look to the bottom left of the screen just before the end of the scene, he has... THE KEY TO TIME on his desk! It's true!

Si.

Is Martin Clunes really Andrew Beech, and is he before or after the facelift?

Pip Madeley Guest

Andrew Beech uses the Key to Time as a paperweight.

I suppose he hangs the washing from the Hand of Omega...

In "Carnival of Monsters" Vorg claims to have visited "Deemos". Did he visit Azal while he was there?

Si.

It's a good story, Dad.

Easy love.

Captain Tancredi Guest

About ten minutes into 'The Mark of the Rani', as the drayman lifts Peri down from off his cart at Lord Ravensworth's pit, there's an unhistorical bright red sign saying 'TEAS' visible behind him.

Me and Tabby were watching Resurrection of the Daleks earlier in the week (Tabby wanted a "Daleks Dr Who") and in the bit where the Doctor's mind is being recorded by the daleks he seems to remember all his companions except Leela! I wonder why he forgot about her?

There is the stupid 'Leela mind block' theory - Leela is on Galifrey and may therefore recognise if the Doctor was replaced by a dupilicate, so the Doctor blocked her from his mind.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Never mind Leela, where's Evelyn Smyth and Sharon from the comic strips? And Ola the Heat Vampire? And popcorn.

Si.

Ian Levine forgot.

Make way for a naval officer!

That is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

I'd never noticed before that the Robomen in 'The Dalek Invasion Of Earth' have Dalek lettering on their clothes. Stylish.

Pip Madeley Guest

I was watching the sublime Revelation of the Daleks the other night, and for the first time I realised that the mutated head inside the glass Dalek is the head of Alec Linstead, of Robot and The Daemons... totally unrecognisable!

There's Dalek lettering all over DIoE - on random walls and even real landmarks in the location filming. Didn't notice a single one before due to dodgy VHS...

No wonder the director wanted to film early on Sunday morning, the vandal!

Captain Tancredi Guest

It wasn't until I took a photo in order to list it on Ebay this afternoon that I noticed the CD release of 'The Enemy of the World' has a little salamander curled up in the O of 'WHO'.

I thought it was nice of the two scientists in Dalek Masterplan to give the little mice a wheel to run around in their cage once they had transported them to Mira.

Pity they were going to starve to death!

Make way for a naval officer!

Patrick bowed out of the show in 1970 and was replaced by comedy actor Jon Pertwee who like, Patrick, was a happy-go-luck guy. This Doctor was a little more refined however and a touch eccentric. He was also more Earth based then some of the other Doctors, often teaming up with The Major and jotting around in a vintage car called Bessie.
    Well I certainly never noticed that.

I decided it was time to start listening to some commentaries so put on part one of Resurrection of the Daleks. I'd never noticed the boom shadow in the Tardis scenes until everyone pointed out.

Theres a line of dialogue in Ark in Space which Ive never quite understood, but this week Ive finally cracked it! In the first episode, whilst Harry is helping the Doctor manhandle Sarah onto the bed thing in the control room, he says (or at least this is what I though he said): Ive always hated sliding doors ever since I got my nose caught in one in Ponty Barracks! Naturally Id always wondered where Ponty was!

Ive recently been working with someone who lives in Portsmouth, and hes always referring to his home town as Pompey, so I can only assume that what with Portsmouths Naval history, Harry actually says .Pompey Barracks.

Im easily pleased, me!

Pip Madeley Guest

Last night I was watching 'The Clause of Axos' and I realised for the first time that Peter Bathurst, who plays Chinn, also played Govenor Hensell in 'The Power of the Daleks'. Sadly, I read he died just two years after his appearance as Chinn, his final work being 'Moonbase 3' in 1973.