Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I heartily recommend the game 'Doodle Jump'....

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...307727765&mt=8

There's a warning in the title that it's very addictive, and they're not wrong! A bargain at 59p.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Wolfgang's Vault

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...294355484&mt=8

A free app, this gives you a library of a wide variety of music concerts & recordings (plus some interviews).

Nice.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Ordinary folk write Apps don't they? Would it theoretically be possible to make one for navigating Planet Skaro on an iPhone?

Si :mobile

It would be possible, but why not just use the web browser to view it?
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I do, but I ask for the same reason people have written apps for Facebook, Digital Spy and Amazon - web pages are built for a large screen, so an interface designed for a smaller screen so you don't have to keep zooming in and clicking the wrong link would be useful.

Si.

There are apps designed for viewing message boards in more iPhone friendly ways. They tend to be board-type specific so a vBulletin app should work for PS and any other vBulletin boards you visit. This site has produced an app and explains how the forum admin can make it work.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Just noticed this interesting app.....

Sky Mobile TV News & Sport

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sky-m...332253703?mt=8

Basically it's live streaming (only over Wi-fi) Sky TV, featuring the channels Sky Sports 1,2,3,Xtra, Sky Sports News, ESPN, At The Races, and Sky News.

They're charging £6 a month, but for a limited time if you're an O2 customer, you can get a free 3 month 'trial'. Text 'Sky' to 2020, and they'll send you a code (limited to the first 150,000 customers). See the app store for full details.

I've sent my text already, and got the following message "Thanks for your text. We'll send your 3 months free promotional code for Sky Mobile TV as soon as we can.". Fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    There are apps designed for viewing message boards in more iPhone friendly ways. They tend to be board-type specific so a vBulletin app should work for PS and any other vBulletin boards you visit. This site has produced an app and explains how the forum admin can make it work.
    Si, did you ever look any further into this subject? I've just converted my own (Wordpress) site to an iPhone friendly format quite easily with a similar (Wordpress) plugin.

I'd be quite interested in being able to view PS in this way too, if you decide to take it any further.

No, I simply haven't the time - I have a pile of things to do which are more important. But if anyone else wants to have a go, I'd be very interested!

Si.

I've put Tapatalk on my ToDo list, just don't expect it anytime soon, I'm afraid.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

TVCatchup.com have added another 17 free-to-air Freeview channels to their iPhone beta page, taking the total now to 28!

The highlight for me has to be BBC Four.

TVCatchup iPhone browser link

The rather entertaining iPhone version of Trivial Pursuit is free right now from the iTunes store.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    I've put Tapatalk on my ToDo list, just don't expect it anytime soon, I'm afraid.
    Just curious as to whether this has managed to move up the ToDo list yet?

It works. I wasn't really expecting it to but it works.

Download the app, go to Entertainment > Media and Films and you'll find Planet Skaro (currently at the top of the "by date" section).

The app looks really good actually - the free version is read only but for £1.79 you get to post. I might upgrade.

#dammitbrent

Excellent news, thanks Lissa.

Now I finally get to use the :mobile icon...

Funnily enough, when I logged on to PS on my iPhone last night I got an advert for this new App so I hurried here to tell you all to find you already knew! Being overenthusiastic and dangerously unattached to £1.79p I downloaded it immediately without even trying it. It seems really good so far. What a Godsend!

Si.

Tapatalk is now iPad compatible, which is nice.

So, no iPhone 5 yet, but the Apple iPhone 4S has been unveiled....

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/hom.../family/iphone

Anyone going to get one? The 64gb model has my name on it, more memory is what I've been holding out for....not that fussed about all the bells and whistles!

I really don't know. This release has left me up the creek a bit, as I still have a, rapidly deteriorating, iPhone 3G so I was hoping to skip the 4 and upgrade to 5 this winter.

However, now I'm left with the choice of upgrading to this new "half measure" phone, being stuck on it for 2 years contract and then having to wait a year when the iPhone 5 is announced next October, or being stuck with the iPhone 3 for another whole year. Or get an Android.

Si.

Tricky choices!

Well, I've made my mind up to get one, the 64gb model. It *is* very expensive, really, more than an iPad (!!), but as a bit of a treat to myself as I'm earning again after three years unemployed.

I've had the 3GS for over two years now, and I honestly think I've got my money's worth from it. I love my music collection, and I love having it with me wherever I go. 32gb has been a pain in the arse for too long now, deleting stuff off to put new stuff on, so if I get another two years from this one, that'll roughly equate to £1 a day.

Plus I guess I'll get some money back if I sell the 3GS on ebay, or recycle it?
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 6th Oct 2011 at 9:43 PM. Reason: Not knowing today's date

Oh, and I assume (as I've never done this) that when I get the 4S, I simply put my sim from the 3GS in, and call O2 to let them know. I'm planning to stay with the current contract/tariff I have.

My contract on my 3G comes to an end this Christmas. Hoping I will be able to upgrade to a newer model then.

Having been a devout Android user for 2 years I've just given in and bought my first ever (2nd hand) iPhone. It's only a 3Gs but the difference in terms of memory and functionality is already streets ahead of my old HTC handset.

I've just bought my first paid for app - Tapatalk 2 for iPhone - so wifi willing I should still be able to post here from LA once I get there tomorrow evening!

Hurrah! It seems to be working!

I tend to do most of my forum activity through Tappatalk!