Default I've never met a woman called Susan...

...Which seems a bit odd, as I've met a lot of people during these last thirty five years or so.

I've also never been ice skating, being accident prone I'm sure I'd spend the whole time falling on my backside, and would probably have someone slice my fingers off as I was flat out on the ice!

And I've never tasted Guiness, just the look of it puts me off.

So what fairly normal and common things have you never done?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I've never driven a car or even had a lesson.
    I've never watched a football game in the stands or anywhere else that I couldn't switch over from.
    I've never rode a horse.
    And lastly I've never been to Glastonbury or any other festival.

I'm going to leave this thread before I get too depressed!

Alex, I've never tasted Guinness either, though I do know a very lovely lady called Susan!

I've never been to Cuba! (one for "Neighbours" fans there)

Si.

I can highly recommend Guinness - it looks odd, granted, but it's delicious! And not gassy, either!

I've never been to a football match!

I've been to football match (or two as I rediscovered today thanks to my 1991 diary). I know a woman called Susan- my Dad's new partner. She's lovely!

I've never been to Scotland! No- I've been to Wales and Ireland and New Zealand, but I've been over the border into Scotland!

I've never drunk Brandy.

I've never watched that episode of Torchwood that Noel Clarke wrote!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Don't bother, it's not great!

Si.

I've never been to Scotland either. Or been Ice Skating. Or Roller Skating. I'd be crap at it so there'd be no point.

I've never eaten a kebab.

I've never had a pet.

Follow this you bitches.

I've never been to me.

I've never met a girl like you before.

Last time I was in Scotland I got taken to the opening night of Braveheart, which was a real Deliverance moment ...

Surely half the fun of this kind of list isn't just that it's stuff you've not done, but stuff you'v not done and maybe just maybe you ought to.

Hence I've never been parachuting - but as I have a fear of heights I don't really think I'm missing anything.

Swimming with dolphins though ... there is a place in NZ that does this, and I'd dearly love to do it (as would my wife).

Like many a person I'd like to write a novel, but I think more to say "hey I've done this and tried my hand at it" than with visions of being the next JK Rowling (God forbid).

I've tried but never really learned to play the guitar. I look at someone who can play the guitar with a measure of envy and spite. It's a bit like seeing someone fly around the sky like Superman - it's something you're aware you just can't do.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I've never eaten a kebab.

I've never had a pet.

Follow this you bitches.
    I think I can ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10591255

There's a guy in New Zealand from Tonga who killed his dog, and spit-roasted it on the barbie!

Because of the yin-yang principle this guy had to exist to counterbalance your lifestyle ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Pip Madeley Guest

Never been on a plane.
    Never been ice staking.
    Never rode a horse.
    Never been to a music festival.
    Never been behind the wheel of a moving car.
    Never left this island (been to England, Scotland and Wales but nowhere else).
    Never smoked a cigarette.
    Never been to a Manchester United game (shameful).
    Never dumped anyone.

Looking through that list Pip, it seems obvious you're not the next James Bond - he usually does everything mentioned in a film, with the exception of going to a Manchester United game.

Although in the next film wouldn't it be fantastic for Alex Fergusson to turn out to be a member of Quantum, and have to be taken out during a clash with Liverpool ...

Hence I've never been parachuting - but as I have a fear of heights I don't really think I'm missing anything - I'd have loved to do that once, but anything that involves even the vaguest possibility of rebreaking my leg will now be avoided for the rest of my life!

Swimming with dolphins though ... there is a place in NZ that does this, and I'd dearly love to do it (as would my wife) - I've never seen the appeal of this. I'm sure it would be pleasant enough, and even quite fun, but I don't know why it's so many people's dream in life to do so. I'd rather swim with a cute large breasted woman myself!

Like many a person I'd like to write a novel, but I think more to say "hey I've done this and tried my hand at it" than with visions of being the next JK Rowling (God forbid) - I wrote what is sort of a novel, it's a collection of short stories all involving the same character at different points in his life, and it does have a linking beginning and end to it. I never had the guts to send it off though, but one day I'd like to rewrite it and see what happens. And if worst came to the worst, I could even go through one of those dodgy free publishing sites as my Mum did with her book as it doesn't cost anything and it'd quite nice to see your own work in print.

Never been on a plane. - You're not missing out much there, bar arriving at potential holiday destinations.

Never been ice staking - Is that like Buffy on Ice?

Never rode a horse - Maybe it's something to do with my backside, but it's incredibly uncomfortable after about ten minutes. I've never galloped, but cantering was quite frighting enough too!

Never been to a music festival - You must! I know you'd love it!

Never been behind the wheel of a moving car - I haven't for about ten years now. I don't miss it.

Never left this island (been to England, Scotland and Wales but nowhere else) - Racist!

Never smoked a cigarette - And don't they're nasty things. Bar the ones with drugs in them.

Never been to a Manchester United game (shameful) - That is shocking, hell, even I've seen them twice and they're my arch enemy in life.

Never dumped anyone - I hope that always stays the case, it's not a good experience.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Never been to a Manchester United game
    Spoken like many a true Man U Fan
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Never been behind the wheel of a moving car.
    I've never been under the wheels of a moving car - and hope to keep it that way.

And Alex - dolphins are cool, although your alternative scenario holds some appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I wrote what is sort of a novel, it's a collection of short stories all involving the same character at different points in his life, and it does have a linking beginning and end to it. I never had the guts to send it off though, but one day I'd like to rewrite it and see what happens. And if worst came to the worst, I could even go through one of those dodgy free publishing sites as my Mum did with her book as it doesn't cost anything and it'd quite nice to see your own work in print.
    This all sounds intriguing.

I guess it all depends what you want out of this. Sounds like you have an interesting character to thread them together like that. I've had an idea for something similar but can't get it to work.

But it depends where you want to go on this. Do you want to try and turn it into "your fortune".

Dunno - but stories and characters demand to be read. A story without a reader is like a car which sits in a garage under a sheet and is never driven. The purpose of a story is to be read. And I think there are in the internet age many outlets you can put out some of those stories on to get it read.

Personally I prefer writing poetry - I used to get drunk and Uni, write poems, and was seen as a kind of Byron by some of the girls on our wing. Good times ...

Never enjoyed Shakespeare.
    Never been bowling.
    Never written a blog.
    Never been abroad either.
    Never died.

I've never licked a 9 volt battery.

I've never been out of my cell.