Default Dave's Big eBay Clearance

Hello! While I've been moving (it's nearly completed!), I've been having a sort out at home, and I've made a big pile of stuff (leave it!) which I'll be listing on eBay over the coming months. It consists mostly of CDs, DVDs, magazines and a few books, and I thought some of you good people might like to take a look. Many of the items I'll be selling are things I did not really want to get rid of (particularly some of the DVD box sets), but I'm letting them go for reasons of space, not wanting to move too much over to Nicola's, and also because I'm absolutely skint! I've taken the view, that I'm not really watching a lot of them at the moment, or if I've recently watched them, I'm not going to do so again for quite a while. Besides, I can always buy them again in the future when I've got a bit more money!

Anyway, the first items are up - over 50 CD singles! - so please go and take a look!

Look!

I'll keep you posted as I list more items. Thank you!

Sold a few of the singles, and made nearly ten quid, which isn't bad. I've relisted some that didn't sell, as well as some CD albums, which I'll be adding to over the next few days.

Pop-tastic!

This still ongoing, despite bloody eBay limiting me to listing just twelve items each months....

Anyway, I've got some Queen CDs listed at the moment - there finishing tomorrow and are doing quite well:

Is this the real life?

Later this week I'll be listing some Bowie CDs, if anyone's interested, before embarking on a lengthy stint of selling a few Doctor Who DVDs, audios, books and figures - watch this space!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Have you got married recently by any chance, Dave?

Funny you should say that.....

Question at the back!

Are these the 90's versions of the Bowie CDs with the bonus tracks? I've heard they can be worth quite a bit of money - or maybe the price of a new CD!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Excellent question.. er, McCow, isn't it? They are indeed the 1990/91 'Sound + Vision' versions, with extra tracks. There's only about seven of them - I was going to try and get all these releases, but I've never got round to doing so, so thought I'd flog them for a bit of extra cash and get the newer releases at some point.

The news that they're worth a bit is pleasing to me. I'll be listing them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    This still ongoing, despite bloody eBay limiting me to listing just twelve items each months....
    How come Dave? That seems really harsh, have you considered opening another account with them, say in Nicola's name?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I'm keeping an eye on Diamond Dogs and The Lodger.

Have you tried Amazon Marketplace, Dave? If you want to get rid of things more quickly and reliably than EBay, it could be worth checking out.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How come Dave? That seems really harsh, have you considered opening another account with them, say in Nicola's name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Have you tried Amazon Marketplace, Dave? If you want to get rid of things more quickly and reliably than EBay, it could be worth checking out.
    I've considered both of those ideas, guys, but I just feel that having built up a pretty high feedback rating on eBay, it shows that I've got a good reputation, and it should attract potential buyers. I am getting fed up with eBay a little, and to be honest, once this big batch of items has been sold, I may even stop using it. Then, I'd consider Amazon or even the old classifieds and car boots to get rid of stuff.

As for the selling limit which has been imposed on me, it's because I had a few detailed seller ratings which said I'd taken too long to post the items, which is true of some sales last year, and so I was limited to just twelve items a month. But I've made a real effort lately to get items posted as quickly as possible, even though it's not always easy, what with work and family life to consider (a fact that eBay, and many buyers don't seeem to take into account). However, I have a feeling it's not going to be lifted until I've gone a whole year or something with no such complaints. It is a real arse, but then, I've thought for a long time that eBay holds sellers in disdain.

Anyway, the Queen and Bowie CDs did pretty well, and now I've moved on to the 'Who' stuff - there are only a couple of days left, but I've got some DVDs listed at the moment if anyone's interested:

Not cashing in on the Revisitations 2 box set, honest

Ebay are absolute you-know-whats.

Agreed!

I made just over £8 for the three DVDs, which wasn't too bad, I suppose, and now this rare-ish version of a soon-to-be reissued DVD is getting quite a lot of interest.