Thread: This Life + 10

Default This Life + 10

Did anyone see the house mates reunited for thisone off special.

I like dit in a bittersweet way. But it did make me a but maudlin and analytical of my own past 10 years. I'm no better than they are!

Any thoughts?
    I must admit, just when I think I'm king, I just begin!

Yeah I saw that tonight - I think it was quite well done as a one off.

I can identify with the concept of career over family so in that way it reminded me of missed options so yes it did make me reflect a bit. I guess thats why this show was really good as it hit on some real dilemmas in relationships that've probably touched everyone's lives.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah I saw that tonight - I think it was quite well done as a one off.

I can identify with the concept of career over family so in that way it reminded me of missed options so yes it did make me reflect a bit. I guess thats why this show was really good as it hit on some real dilemmas in relationships that've probably touched everyone's lives.
    I used to fancy that asian looking lass.
    That's about all i can remember from that programme.

I quite enjoyed it but it was a bit depressing. Also I found Egg and Miles's future directions a little contrived. Wasn't Egg happy running the cafe? I thought he'd given up the book writing idea?
    The ending was nicely upbeat though.

Oh and I think we can all learn an important lesson from it. If you lived with a group of friends in the late 90's, never have a reunion 10 years later.

It was good. I haven't watched the original series for many years now, so some of the details of the end of the show are a bit muzzy so I'd forgotten about Egg working in the cafe at the end.
    They all seemed to be in character and I thought the way their lives had developed in the ten years was quite convincing really. I suppose my life has changed a lot over the last ten years too. I remember discussing the latter episodes of the second series with Dan, my first sort of boyfriend!!

Nice to see them back.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I taped it but dunno when I'll get round to watching it. It's out on DVD in february. I've not seen the original since the 2000 repeat. The boxed set was fairly cheap in Virgin last week but the queues put me off.

Wasn't the girl who worked in the cafe with Egg and might have been called Nicky the woman who played Maria's mum in The Sarah Jane Adventures?

She's the sort.