Default August Bank Holiday has come and gone...

..but still no sign of the next episode - the Waters of Mars or whatever it's called.

Does anybody know when it will be on?

And is it the second special, or the third special (i.e. did last Yuletide/Midwinter festival/Xmas episode count as the first special)?

I have been panicking all weekend until I got hold of a TV paper, and then saw that it wasn't on!!!!!

So now I'm panicking as to when it WILL be on!

Oh, and does anybody know when the (all new) Prisoner will be on ITV?

Hmm, tis a tricky one. I've been expecting Waters of Mars for some time, but it doesn't seem to have arrived! I'm thinking that it will be October or as late as November now.

Children of Earth, the Torchwood special, wasn't announced until a couple of weeks before it was aired if I remember correctly. So the new Doctor Who could turn up whenever!

We're due two more specials after WOM, there'll be one at Christmas and then one more to wrap up the Tennant era.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Just to confuse matters.... I think we're currently expecting to have two specials over Christmas, but they are two parts of the same story. Waters of Mars will presumably be on sometime between now and Christmas - RTD mentioned November on Breakfast Time a while back, and I wouldn't be 100% surprised to see it air as part of Children in Need.

I'm still surprised they haven't grabbed Halloween, given that the 31st is a Saturday, they could start it slightly later and it would fit with what seems one of the scarier NS stories.

Maybe it intereferes with something else on that date.
    Bazinga !

I am worried that a new special edition of Doctor Who will get broadcast on BBC 1 with no trailers, no Radio Times cover AND NOBODY SHALL EVEN KNOW IT WAS ON!!!

I thought I saw it at eight o'clock this evening on BBC1. It was an adventure set in contemporary London where the first incarnation of Romana teams up with the security guard from "Image of the Fendahl" whilst Lance from "The Runaway Bride" gets in a spot of bother with help from Harper from "The War Games".

Was I the only one?

Was that the one where Balazar from "The Mysterious Planet" goes on that killing spree?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Some rumours on other sites suggest WoM will be the week before xmas, around the 19th (?). I would imagine also, that they'd definitely try and not go head to head with any of The X Faxtor if they can.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Bunching them up like that would make good sense, I suppose.

I'd have thought the BBC would have wanted Waters of Mars to prop up their moribund autumn schedule!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well I've seen them thrown out of the Vic, but never dragged in...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Some rumours on other sites suggest WoM will be the week before xmas, around the 19th (?). I would imagine also, that they'd definitely try and not go head to head with any of The X Faxtor if they can.
    I thought the general consensus and utterings from RTD were to the effect that it was in November.
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

I guess it'll depend on how much it may or may not link into the last two specials. If they do link closely, it would be sensible not to make your customers wait a month or more!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Curnow View Post
    I thought the general consensus and utterings from RTD were to the effect that it was in November.
    The weekend nearest the 23rd would be a good one for that.

I've seen it suggested as 14th November on some site or other today.

They (the Beeb) are in danger of losing the impetus.

I take the point about 23rd November - why not ON the 23rd Nov? At least you are all just as much in the dark as WHAT I am. I was mildly amused by ?Andrew R? 's reference to 'Stenders - but that prog also, IIRC, had one of Blake's babes in it (as in Blake's 7 - which of cours never added up - a bit like Fiat 500's which don't have 500cc engines in them.

I also liked the proposition about Hallowe'en (actually derived from one Celtic festival or another). But, I guess from what y'all say, we'll get 'em all over the Midwinter fetival/Yuletide/Christmas (bloody hijackers) period, instead of evenly over the year (which, by definition, they are not).

It's been a while since the Beeb showed anything sh*t scary on Hallowe'en, so I reckon that would be the best bet, X bleedin' Factor or not.

I don't think the BBC could show anything scarier than X Factor, that's why!