Default What DVD features would you like to see?

There's a couple more years of Doctor Who releases to come and they need filling. Recently we've had features on blood and cybernetics, but I'm sure we can all think of some actual Doctor Who related features they could do that they haven't done so far...

So what features would you like to see? Get your thinking caps on and prepare the ultimate DVD features!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It'd be nice to see re-animations of every single missing episode á la The Invasion.

Or perhaps a documentary about fanwanky continuity references through the ages (presented by Gary Russell)...

On a more realistic front, it'd be nice to see "Return to Devil's End" turn up on The Daemons DVD.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I found those mini biographies they did on Sarah Sutton, Mark Stricson, Valantine Dyall and Cyril Luckham very interesting and would certainly like to see more of those done in future releases.

I can't remember off the top of my head if they have done features on Terry Nation or JNT but if not they are definitely ones that are crying out to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Or perhaps a documentary about fanwanky continuity references through the ages (presented by Gary Russell)...
    Well it's certainly a shock to see you suggesting that, Harry..!

There certainly needs to be a big feature on JNT. Gathering together as much interview material as possible shouldn't be too tricky and there are so many juicy anecdotes in his memoirs that seem to be absent from the DVDs.

I'd like to see the Production Notes included as separate PDFs, so you don't have to watch the whole episode to find out who the third guard on the right was. In fact, I think they could do a lot more with the DVD booklets which at the moment aren't worth bothering with!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Stripped For Action! on the 8th Doctor onwards would be nice to complete the set.

That's a good point - what DVD would they stick and 8th Doctor Stripped For Action on? They can't possibly reissue the TV Movie again can they?

Given the title, perhaps the latest Doctor Screw DVD?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

They can't possibly reissue the TV Movie again can they?
    Surely it's absolutely ripe for re-issue if they can get all the deleted scenes n'ting off Universal in America?

Si.

From the sounds of it, there's about as much chance of that as Dimensions In Time being released.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Oh good so we can expect that in a few months then

Have the deleted scenes from the TVM been viewed by anyone? Are they freely available on YouTube? Or are they safely under Canadian lock and key?

have they had a feature concentrating on the special effects and model making yet.

I think there was something on The Invisible Enemy DVD.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

From the sounds of it, there's about as much chance of that as Dimensions In Time being released.
    You sure of that one?

I want naked mud wrestling.

Steve, bar hearsay is there any reason why this is as hard to see on the schedules as something that they've actually pledged never to release? Obviously the material is held by a different company but is that really such an obstacle? Is there any reason why 2-entertain would have a problem getting in touch with Universal and asking for the rights to release a handful of film off-cuts for a thirteen year old flop television movie?

Si.

You're right Si. I mean, if they can extract material from the likes of Jan Vincent-Rudski, Universal should be a pushover!

...Oh, who am I kidding?

I quite liked the virtual set reconstruction on Brain, so more on set design would be good.
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

I want a featurette about the restoration of forthcoming stories e.g. Daemons, Terror of the Autons, Mind of Evil etc etc.

But that would be cheating!

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Steve, bar hearsay is there any reason why this is as hard to see on the schedules as something that they've actually pledged never to release? Obviously the material is held by a different company but is that really such an obstacle? Is there any reason why 2-entertain would have a problem getting in touch with Universal and asking for the rights to release a handful of film off-cuts for a thirteen year old flop television movie?

Si.
    I said 'from the sound of it'....

Oh yes, it'll almost certainly get a R2 revamp at some point, but every time it's come up for discussion (on the RT forum, Roobarbs etc.) as to whether off cuts etc. could be plundered, the opinion has been that it's highly unlikely.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild