Default Doctor Who Dreams

Before the 2005 series started, I had this dream from time to time that when I sat down to watch the first episode they showed an old 5th Doctor story. No doubt some pyscho-analyst would be able to explain what it meant!

Over the weekend I had a real nightmare - I was sitting down to watch the last DT episode and the Sky+ was playing up so we had to turn off the TV and miss the start. Then the TV is going on and off. Then to top it all, I miss the regeneration. That was an awful dream and it better not be a portent of the future!
    Last edited by Martin Curnow; 2nd Sep 2009 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

I think it's a thing about Genesis of the Daleks making a terrifying impression on me as a child, but I have nightmares about being hunted by Daleks.

This isn't surprising really as they are an archetypal version of what Jung called "the shadow", and kind of unstoppable dark force who appear in dreams in a variety of forms.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

This is years ago, but the only dream I can remember having about the show was the one where I was watching the dream version of "The Web Planet" which although in B+W starred Soft Machine's Kevin Ayers as The Doctor and he wore a mask in the close ups and the mask was a ball mask made of sandpaper? (it was still B+W but I had that dream thing where I knew it was sandpaper?)

No monsters but he was talking to Ian and the only dialogue I remember is The Doctor saying he has to go to the Dentists?
    The programme was not in the air at the time and this was before the TV Movie.

It goes without saying I wish I could still dream them like that!

I'm sure I dreamt about the new episode in 2005 before it was on but I can't remember what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Curnow View Post
    Then to top it all, I miss the regeneration. That was an awful dream and it better not be a portent of the future!
    I shouldn't worry Martin, assuming RTD hasn't changed his regeneration policy I think we can all visualise what the regeneration will look like!!!!

My irritated niggle of the day is the number of times they praise up the 'standing up' regeneration(s) on Doctor Who Confidential (and even in DWM). At the risk of being an old stick in the mud, the reason that previous regenerations were done lying down was because as a rule people at death's door aren't all that steady on their pins!!!

Moan over.

If I have any dreams about Janet Fielding, should they go on this thread...?

No.

I agree I've never liked the new regenerations. It's just wrong. The whole point is the Doctor reaches the point of death, then just as he's about to slip away, something amazing happens and he STRUGGLES free from death and changes into the new Doctor. I must admit that my favourite regeneration (the Davison to Baker one) has a hint of the new-style 'explosion', but that's at the end. It just seems daft the way the Doctor is dying... then he struggles to his feet to regenerate. Why would he do this? If he gets his legs cut off by a maniac axeman, what does he do then? Stand up on his hands and do it?

Finally, each regeneration used to be something to anticipate to see how they'd do it. It's no fun now you know what it's going to be like.

Si.

I once dreamed a whole new fifth Doctor adventure, where the Master stole the Doctor's hat. It would have been good on TV! Worryingly even the CSO was up to season 20 standards in my dream. I don't know what that says about me really.

Anyway, I also recently dreamed about watching David Tennant's final episode. The surprise return of Bonnie Langford was a wonderful thing!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    No.
    Finally, each regeneration used to be something to anticipate to see how they'd do it. It's no fun now you know what it's going to be like.
    Si.

Yes, I really miss that too. it was always exciting to see what advances in special effects the Doctor Who budget could stretch to each time. My favourite regeneration (the visual effect only, rather than the whole event) is also the Davison to Baker one. I was blown away when I first saw it and to be honest, visually I think it's a better effect that the one we get in the new series anyway!!!!
    But I say, let's go back to having something different each time.

Pip Madeley Guest

I have a dream that I'll play the Doctor in some fan production one day. Predictable?

I've had a few Doctor Who dreams in my time, though mainly it's characters or elements popping up for 'cameos'. Mainly dreams are so silly that they don't make sense and mostly you can't remember them, like me.

This was one CRAZY dream i had about a year or so ago.

So, I'm in school, in the big main hall, taking an exam. Meanwhile, up in the organ loft (yes, our school really does have an organ loft - that wasn't an invention of my turbulent psyche) an evil headmaster (mortarboard, cape and all) was screeching at us to hurry up and finish. At that point, the floor opened up beneath me (as it often does) and I somehow found myself out on the school playing field. I then went inside a big marquee-tenty-thing and an exam invigilator told me that I had to catch all the swans flying around inside the tent before time ran out. I started, but I couldn't catch any. However, at that point, a baby lamb trotted up beside me and said he would be my friend. Aaawwww. Unfortunately, it was never meant to be, because at that point, the Cybermen invaded. (and not even the REAL Cybermen - they were the crappy parallel universe-y Cybus-men. ) So I'm running away from the Cybermen (at which point the playing field suddenly turns into my garden path ) and at the end of the path, Christopher Eccleston is waiting (for some reason, accompanied by my Physics teacher). So Eccles-cake says not to worry, he will defeat the Cybermen, and then I notice the TARDIS right next to me (we're inside my garage now, by the way - i think), I try to open the door but it's made of cheese. After that, one of the houses across the road grew to giant size, and started imitating Godzilla, and then...well, then I woke up.

That dream was so crazy, I made sure to write it all down before I forgot. I SWEAR I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! I REALLY DID DREAM ALL OF THIS!

Honest!

EDIT: Oh yes, one other minor note: this is the only dream I can remember that wasn't shot on 16mm film! From what I can recall, the picture quality is reminiscent of a DV camera. But maybe that's just my memory getting a little fuzzy.
    Last edited by shada pavlova; 4th Sep 2009 at 3:06 PM.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

But I say, let's go back to having something different each time.
    Just to say, I absolutely agree. It may make 'sense' for it always to look the same, as it's the same process, but I really like the fact that they've all been so different until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Just to say, I absolutely agree. It may make 'sense' for it always to look the same, as it's the same process, but I really like the fact that they've all been so different until recently.
    Watch out folks....Curnow is agreeing with me!

That's at least twice this year that he's done that now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Watch out folks....Curnow is agreeing with me!

That's at least twice this year that he's done that now!!!
    "And Lo, the Cs namethed Andrew shall thrice come together in one mind,
    And the starfields shall be torn assunder, and the heavenly music play,
    So comes the shattering of the Third Seal of Rassilon "
    Bazinga !

I had a bizarre Who/PS based dream last night!

It featured me sitting down to watch one of the new Doctor Who Specials with Pip, only to find Roger Delgado sitting next to us on the sofa! The special featured John Simm as the Master, dressed as a clown, and a Roger Delgado lookalike. Pip commented that the lookalike was fantastic, at which point, the real Roger Delgado shot him a furious look and insisted that we watch 'Terror of the Autons' on DVD instead of this rubbish.

Then there was some nonsense about Phil Mitchell and Ewoks...

Pip commented that the lookalike was fantastic, at which point, the real Roger Delgado shot him a furious look