Default The Nolan Sisters

Is it wrong that I want to go and see The Nolan Sisters in concert when they come to Birmingham?

The reason I am asking that question is that I was flicking through the tv this morning finding everything boring, I really do need a job, when I happened upon the last five minutes of This Morning and The Nolan Sisters were playing out the show. They sang Holding Out For A Hero, a favourite song of mine, and they sounded great and it got me thinking that I wouldn't mind seeing them sing live. I also got to thinking will I be the only male there in a concert surounded by women. I don't really remember when they were first about the only song I do really know is I'm In The Mood For Dancing. So is it right that me, a 36 year old male, should want to go and see the Nolan Sisters and buy their new album which is comming out later this month?
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

Go on go on go on go onnnnnn!
    If you like the music what's stopping you? Are the people who judge you such music snobs? Are they really the people you want to associate with?
    Listen without prejudice! (unless it's that George Michael cretin...)

Are you sure you'll be the only male there? I now have this vision of them turning into radical feminists on the last number and using WOTAN strength mind control to to make the audience turn on the first male they see and you standing there thinking "Well this would be a good time for the Doctor Who cliffhanger sting to kick in!"
    Unless you get befriended by the only other male there who seriously misunderstands the situation and makes you think "Well this would be a good time for the final bit of incidental music from 'Battlefield' to kick in?"

Please let the forum know how the night went if you do go? If it was a big hyped band I can understand they might not live up to expectations? But the women have been around (around in the music business, around in the music business!!!) long enough to entertain a crowd?

There's nothing wrong with the Nolans, Chris, although I do sympathise with your dilemma. I think you should go and see them and just enjoy it!

You won't be the only bloke, it'll be full of gays.

It's interesting to see that when I looked at the list of new threads, this one was right next to "Argh, No!".
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I also got to thinking will I be the only male there in a concert surounded by women.
    Presuming you arn't a friend of Dorothy, that could be a good thing Chris!

Seriously, go for it. We went to a Hanson concert a couple of years ago (because I love them) and the place was packed out with girls! It was astonishing, given this was some time after they'd last had big hits here, but it seems all their old female fans hadn't forgotton them! Anyway, I didn't mind in the slightest. Who cares? It was a great show!

Get tickets, enjoy it, and get in the mood for dancing!

Si.