Default Yusuf Islam Tour

Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens, has announced details of his first full tour in 33 years.

He is set to play material old and new at the dates, which kick off in Dublin on November 15. A gig in London, at the Royal Albert Hall, has also been announced.

Yusuf played a show of largely Cat Stevens material in London in May to celebrate the 50th birthday of his label Island Records.

Yusuf will also play material from his new musical, called 'Moonshadow', at the gigs. In a statement, the singer said he has wanted to work in theatre since he was a child.

"It's taken a long time to arrive, but it's always been a dream of mine to write a musical," he said. "Growing up in the West End of London, surrounded by theatres and shows, obviously left a strong impression on me. I originally wanted to be a composer, not a pop star."

Yusuf plays the following gigs:

Dublin, The O2 (November 15)
    Birmingham, NIA (23)
    Liverpool, Echo Arena (December 5)
    London, Royal Albert Hall (8)

Tickets for the gigs go on sale on Monday (September 21).
    From the NME. Looks like he's back on the scene.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Fantastic - I would so love to go. I'm mesmerised by his music, and fascinated by his choice to walk away from the music business as long as he did.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Does that count as a full tour? He'll be worn out after those four dates.

He recorded a cover of one of his songs with Dolly an album or two back, then the contrary old goat changed his mind and told them they couldn't use his vocals after all.

Si.

If this old goat can go back on the road after 33 years there's hope for Kate Bush yet.

Kate Bush needs 18 months warning before she can sing a note! It'll be 200 years before her next tour.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I thought Kate Bush was never going to tour again after one of the crew died in an accident in the 80s?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I thought she was all set to tour in 1994 but then her mother died and the tour got scrapped?

I'd like to go.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'd like to go.

Si xx
    I know I have to go ... but d'oh!

Kate talked about a second tour at a 1990 convention, but nothing came of it. I doubt very much as if she'd tour now and if she did it would be near impossible to get tickets and they'd cost a bomb.
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'

Just been looking it up - seems I didn't make it up, although I don't know if I can take this entry from Wiki as Gospel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Bu...e_performances

Several reasons have been suggested as to why she abandoned touring, among them her reputed need to be in total control of the final product, which is incompatible with live stage performance, a rumour of a crippling fear of flying,[32] and the suggestion that the death of 21-year-old Bill Duffield severely affected her. Duffield, her lighting director, was killed in an accident during her 2 April 1979 concert at Poole Arts Centre.