Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

UB40 'bored' of Red Red Wine song

Reggae act UB40 have admitted they hate rehearsing their 1983 number one hit Red Red Wine. Guitarist Robin Campbell said he and his bandmates - who are preparing for a tour of the UK - cannot bring themselves to practise the song. "We hate rehearsing Red Red Wine, we're bored to tears of it," he said.
    I've never liked it.

Raggae in general is a bit rubbish really isn't it. It's just weak songs with an oompity boompity backing beat behind them.

Si. :mobile

I remember the olden days.

I'll remember the love that you gave me, now that I'm standing on my own.

LOST!!!

Pip Madeley Guest

I also wish him well.

Natalie Imbruglia's big musical comeback has been deemed a failure, with her album Come To Life selling only 740 copies across Australia on its first week of release.
    Get the pump in!

Since there's only thirty-seven people in Australia, I think it's done almost suspiciously well!

Tina Arena is doing a joint Australian tour next year... with Ronan Keating!!!!

You couldn't make it up.

Pip Madeley Guest

So when do you book the plane tickets?

Fern Britton has landed her own series on BBC One, it has been announced.

The four-part series, titled Fern Britton Meets, will see the former This Morning presenter conduct in-depth interviews with high-profile figures in the run-up to Christmas.

Confirmed guests include Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Dolly Parton, Sheila Hancock and Tony Blair. Britton will explore how their faith and beliefs have shaped their lives and what is important to them about Christmas time.
    Sounds like a Chicken In A Basket Piers Morgan, but worth it if it means a fresh generation can hear a round of Dolly's favourite one-liners ("Costs a lot to look this cheap", "Nothing grows in the shade" etc.) and think they're off-the-cuff.

Si.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Dolly Parton, Sheila Hancock and Tony Blair.
    If only those were all the candidates for Presidency of the EU. Except Tony of course.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Dolly would walk it. Her philosophy as depicted in the song "Better Get To Livin'" - basically, stop feeling sorry for yourself and sort your life out - would go down a storm in the middle East.

Si.

Coming soon, new single!

Sweet Jesus, this could be a treat for the season!!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

No more 'Wife Swap' or 'How Clean Is Your House?'
    Saints preserve us! Not that they could bring out anything worse to replace them - could they?

Captain Tancredi Guest

"How Clean Is Your Wife?"- although most men would probably say the dirtier the better...

Depends on whether you're standing downwind...

Pip Madeley Guest

This Morning host Phillip Schofield loses his cool over Mariah Carey's diva antics

'Sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting for Mariah Carey.. la la la laaa.'

Pip Madeley Guest

Oh my God, she's at it again:

Two helpers to lower her on to the sofa and her own personal toilet roll: Mariah Carey's diva-style behaviour on GMTV is revealed by Kate Garraway

Fashionably late Mariah Carey keeps fans waiting an hour

The singer had already had some requests denied due to health and safety, including her desire to be surrounded by 100 white doves and 20 white kittens
    And she says she's not a diva?!

Captain Tancredi Guest

I did once hear on the radio that a lot of these extravagant requests made by pop stars (like taking all the blue M&Ms out, particular brands of bottled water and so on) started when bands started doing more and more technically demanding tours. The rationale being that an apparently silly clause would be put into the contract with a particular venue, but if the condition hadn't been met then the performers would know quickly that the venue hadn't read the contract properly and there could be more serious problems with the equipment when it came to the performance.

It looks as if it's gone on from there to represent an opportunity for the singer or band to put their stamp on the peripherals.

It's funny how perfectly reasonable requests get bundled in with exagerrated accounts of "divaish" behaviour. So she was late - it happens, especially when you have a whistlestop promotional tour of the UK to do. Her preferred brand of mineral water? MY GOD WHATEVER NEXT! Everyone has favourite brands, what on Earth is wrong with requesting (sorry, "demanding" in media speak) your favourite type of something?

Meanwhile...

STOP THE CLOCKS, SADE IS BACK!

What on Earth does she do during the eight years in every decade when she doesn't make an album? We may never know. And now, curiously, she's suddenly become a band.

Si.

I like fact she had to be lowered onto the sofa next to Lorraine.

Sade is like Des'ree... a strangely popular creation who sells millions yet no-one buys...

Last I heard from DesRee was she was so bored at home she was blogging about her pottery and how dull her life was.

Si.

They keep coming up with all these reasons to hate Mariah Carey don't they? As if those ghastly albums aren't enough!!
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'