Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Sure, some of her demands are mad and daft. No-one needs people to lift them onto a sofa, but at the same time, she's got loads of money and is prepared to pay someone to do those things and clearly there are people willing to take her money to do those things, so what does it really matter?

Former popstar Kavana has launched Daim's 'Second Daim Around' internet advertising campaign.

The 'I Can Make You Feel Good' singer fought off competition from Cleopatra, Lolly and Rowetta to front the advert for the chocolate brand in August.

"It was great to be a part of the 'Second Daim Around' campaign and it brought a lot of memories back from the '90s. It was a blast making the ad - I hope everyone enjoys it," Kavana said.

"The whole Second Daim Around journey has been fantastic and we have been delighted with the way it has worked. Daim brings back fond memories of the 1990s like Kavana so who better to win this contest," Daim Marketing Manager Jane Furze said.

Nearly 5,000 votes were cast by fans and Kavana reached the top spot with 1,418 votes, followed closely by Cleopatra and Rowetta
    Delightful!

So Cleopatra aren't coming atcha this time round then?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Did Rowetta ever come "around" the first time? Were we supposed to sigh and get the retro vibe for the halycon days of that time she danced on Top of the Pops with the Happy Mondays?

That said, I keep getting an odd urge to buy her album. I don't know why, it's either the iconic cover where she looks mad as a box of frogs, or her version of "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" which I strongly suspect would be epic.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Hi-de-Hi star Su Pollard in 'foul-mouthed rant' at blue badge motorist after crash in disabled parking spot

The eccentric star is said to have 'lost the plot' after the taxi she was travelling in was hit by Sue Sanderson's car. As Mrs Sanderson exchanged details with the cabbie, Miss Pollard - who was dressed in one of her trademark colourful outfits made up of striped leggings and a bright pink pillbox hat - walked across the road to a cashpoint and then came back and allegedly demanded: 'You know who I am, I'm an actress.' Officers were then called to the scene in Bournemouth, Dorset, where Miss Pollard is appearing in Snow White.

Mrs Sanderson, from Poole, claimed: 'I was in a disabled parking space. I suffer from acute osteoarthritis and have difficulty walking. I have a blue badge and was entitled to be there but the taxi driver wasn't.

'There was a collision and while I was talking to him amicably Su Pollard started swearing. She had gone across the road to the cashpoint and was waving her arms around. She really lost the plot, and was ranting and raving. She brought the traffic to a complete standstill and then stormed back across the road. She was quite a spectacle in her pink and black striped leggings, a short black skirt and bright pink pillbox hat. She looked so funny all I could do was laugh. But she was ranting and raving, and everybody was watching. When I told her I'd phoned the police she stormed off, saying, "You know who I am, I'm an actress. I'm not waiting for the police".'

Miss Pollard admitted there had been a disagreement but added: 'I don't know what happened. I think this lady thought we were being rude because we went in a disabled bay.'

A spokesman for Dorset police said: 'Officers attended an address on Poole Road following a complaint of a public order offence. 'Inquiries are ongoing. There have been no arrests.'
    Oh dear!

We were really pleased the other day, as we saw a disabled bloke being rude and this (able bodied) woman turned round and ripped the shit out of him for being impolite. Good for her - how many people would feel guilty for shouting at someone because they were disabled? But disabled people can be rude and obnoxious too.

Si.

Hard to believe - I once met Su Pollard when I had to pick something up from London Live (which typically the security guard couldn't find). Although quite excitable, we had a nice chat, and seems one of the least likely people to go all prima-donna "You know who I am, I'm an actress". Mind you everyone can have a bad day.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I've had two.

I've been watching the release schedule. And THIS was NOT on it yesterday!

Queen & The Muppets: 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
    What is it? Where did it come from? Has someone decided the Five collaboration didn't demean them enough?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

It's actually brilliant - you should watch the (funny) video on YouTube.

It's a magnificent piece of work and very affectionately done.

Si xx

I'll have to check it out!

What involvement do Queen have then? Are they in the video?

Si.

They provide the original backing track I believe Si.

Si xx

Thanks Si, I'll watch it later!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Si Hart will be pleased with this news, as am I:

The Stooges, Genesis, ABBA, the Hollies and Jimmy Cliff will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the Shrine's 25th annual ceremony on March 15 at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City.

Genesis keyboardist Tony Banks tells Billboard.com that the induction is "nice to happen" and that it's an honor to be the second British progressive rock band, after Pink Floyd, to join the Hall. "I suppose it being American-based and all that it just concentrates slightly more on that type of music," he says. Which members of Genesis might perform at the ceremony is somewhat up in the air due to Phil Collins' recent surgery to repair dislocated vertebrae. "Phil's got a few physical problems at the moment which means I don't think he'd be able to play, so...I don't really know what that means," Banks says. "We'll face that particular hurdle when we get to it."
    Would be nice to see them back again one more time - perhaps they could do an acoustic number, or Phil could just sing and leave the drumming to Chester Thompson

Emma Bunton has revealed that the Spice Girls get drunk at Victoria Beckham's house every Christmas.

The former girl band, which also includes Geri Halliwell, Mel B and Mel C, apparently have a festive tradition of getting "tipsy" on wine while singing along to their favourite Spice Girl songs.

"We all go over to David and Victoria's for lovely food and good wine," the Daily Express quotes Bunton as saying.

"It's the only time we all get to see each other, we get a bit tipsy and listen to Spice Girls songs. I can't believe I've admitted that!"
    Oh to be a fly on one of those walls!!

Si.

It could be the only proper meal Mel C gets all year.

So many questions! How much does Victoria eat at Christmas? What are their favourite Spice Girls songs? Do they listen to their solo albums? Do they dig out their sort-of-christmas costumes from 'Too Much'?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I bet every now and again Melanie slips on "Beautiful Intentions" and then someone mysteriously takes it off again and puts on "Spice Up Your Life". It happens round our house all the time!

Si.

You don't usually associate David Beckham and misery, but he can't look forward to the Christmas Spice Party.

"Caaam on Day-vid, You sing it!!!"
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I bet they listen to the unreleased third album tracks and think they were all singles.

I bet there's even a routine to WOMAN. Those treacherous harlots.

X Factor runner-up Olly Murs has reportedly lost touch with Robbie Williams.

The pair were said to have become friends after Williams appeared as a guest mentor on the ITV1 reality series. Meanwhile, the show's final saw them teaming up to perform 'Angels' together.

However, according to The Sun, Murs has now said: "I'm a bit disappointed Robbie hasn't been in touch. I texted him to say Happy New Year and congratulations on getting engaged but heard nothing back."

He added: "His phone must be dead."

The newspaper also reports that the aspiring popstar has not heard from his former mentor Simon Cowell either.
    Ah well, that's life. We've all been shunned by unreplied texts.

Si.

I'm sure Sinitta will give him a quick call and a shake of her lettuce in due course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I845iYuTg4A

It's uncannily like P-Bal after a few Cheeky Vimtoes.