Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'd take a chunk of your strawberry blonde hair, but it's not entirely untrue.

Sooooo... Jonathan Ross has left the BBC. Could this be because he is now rich enough to buy the BBC?

At least we can all start paying the licence fee again without thinking 'This is Jonathan Ross's salary'.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's official - There is too much U2 on the BBC

Si.

Was the MP who complained about this the same one who complained about the amount of David Tennant on TV over Christmas? If so, does he have nothing better to do with his time than watch telly, listen to the radio and do impersonations of Mary Whitehouse afterwards? He obviously can't be bothered with running the country or preparing for the General Election!

He's got a point though. Especially as the music they were promoting was shit.

Si.

This is an interesting story:

N-Dubz rapper Dappy has sparked a death threat scandal after allegedly sending abusive messages to a Radio 1 listener.

According to reports, the star targeted 22-year-old Chloe Moody earlier this week after she sent a text message to The Chris Moyles Show which branded the group "losers" and described Dappy as "vile" and "a little boy with a silly hat".

The urban band were appearing as guests on Moyles's programme at the time and it is thought that Dappy, real name Dino Contostavlos, noted down Moody's phone number after spotting it on a computer screen.

It is alleged that one SMS message subsequently sent from Contostavlos to Moody read: ''Your gonna die, U sent a very bad message towards Ndubz on The Chris Moyels show yesterday Morning and for that reason u will never be left alone!! If u say sorry I will leave you alone u ****."

Moody, who claims that she received further obscene messages and phone calls, told the Daily Mail: "It's terrifying when anybody sends you a death threat, whether it's real or not. Somebody of a fragile mind and nervous would be worrying what they were going to do.

"His behaviour is unprofessional and I'm considering going to the police. When you put yourself in the public eye you need to be able to handle criticism. I also feel let down by Radio 1."

Contostavlos has now issued a public apology for his behaviour, while BBC executives are expected to launch an investigation into the breach of Moody's privacy.

In a statement, the hip hop star said: "I totally apologise to Chloe. I called her in the heat of the moment when I was angry, but that is no excuse for my behaviour. I'm genuinely sorry. I'd also like to send my sincerest apologies to Radio 1."

Meanwhile, a BBC spokesman commented: "We were unaware that the number had been taken from the production team's console and will take steps to ensure it can't happen again."
    Obviously pop stars shouldn't go ringing up people and venting their anger, but you know I struggle to sympathise too much with this girl. If you take what "Dappy" actually said as debatable (which I do because it's The Sun and even the article seems unsure from one end to the other on if it was a text or a call) it's unfortunately typical that someone thinks they can slag someone off, then plays the big "victim" when they dare to respond. It makes you wonder if the Internet has bred a generation that thinks they have the right to say what they like, personal or otherwise, about other human beings, but who don't think they should get any comeback when they hurt someones feelings.

Si.

Quite - both sides are in the wrong since she started it. As Roger Moore said in his autobiography concerning a certain Bond Girl, "If you have nothing nice to say about someone, say nothing about them at all."

It makes you wonder if the Internet has bred a generation that thinks they have the right to say what they like, personal or otherwise, about other human beings, but who don't think they should get any comeback when they hurt someones feelings.
    All we need now is for Bono to join the forum and then leave in a hissy fit after seeing what you said three posts up

This N-Dubz rapper sounds awful though. He lost all right to have any respect as a human being when he chose the name 'Dappy'. Looks like Chloe has been proved entirely correct in her opinions!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

All we need now is for Bono to join the forum and then leave in a hissy fit after seeing what you said three posts up
    Well I just posted a link to the BBC, but if you were to make the point that I am guilty of having said negative things about people on-line before, point taken. Although I would sincerely hope I wouldn't call anyone "a loser" or anything personally spiteful, unless in an extreme case. I would also hope that if the person found me and confronted me, I'd take responsibility for my comments, not say as this person did "they should learn how to take criticism". I think the thing is, in life, if you say something about someone, behind their back or otherwise, you should expect to have to stand by those comments and take responsibility for them. That's what I think anyway!

Si.

I'd stand by you - I'm not keen on U2 either!

To be fair to her, it is a very silly hat.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Having seen his performance on Buzzcocks, the wheels may be going round but the hamster's dead.
    Bazinga !

I was most upset by him using "your" instead of "you're".

It's funny how it's always well-off people who claim money isn't important:

Joss Stone has declared that she is not interested in making money.

The Colour Me Free! star reportedly lost out on £1m last year after walking away from her contract with EMI, following disputes with the label for repeatedly delaying the release of her latest album.

However, the 22-year-old said that she still stands by her decision.

"It's just money," Stone told You magazine. "I've been in this business long enough now to work out what's important and what's not. The music business has changed so much. It's all about product and business."
    This 22 year old, who apparently knows it all and who's last album (sample lyric: "Governmentalists killed the Kennedys / I hear that Joss Stone's got the remedy.") featured a song called "Wankerman" and was reportedly awful, seems to think music shouldn't be about "product and business". But who does she think is going to pay for her next expensive video or tour?

Stone seems up her own botty to me.

Si.

Is this really news...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...s-meeting.html

Jessica Simpson has reportedly farted loudly during an important business meeting.

The singer allegedly embarrassed her mother Tina by letting rip in front of top executives working on her new denim clothing line.

"While one of the executives was speaking in a room full of five people, Jessica let out a very loud fart," a source told Us Weekly.

"Her mother Tina Simpson was there, and it prompted her to turn around and yell, 'Jessica!' The tension was extreme. No-one knew what to say."

Simpson famously farted during an episode of her TV series Newlyweds, where she turned to then-husband Nick Lachey and said: "You love my stinky ass."

A representative for Simpson is yet to comment.
    Delightful!

I did a really unpleasant fart yesterday. Why wasn't that news?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I did a really unpleasant fart yesterday. Why wasn't that news?
    "Redhill Woman Castrates Man With Rusty Knife"

Ouch!!! Jody's knives are never rusty!

Is this what we want in 2010?

ROCK lords THE DARKNESS imploded in a blizzard of drugs and outsize egos.
    But now frontman JUSTIN HAWKINS and his brother DAN have patched up their differences and are working together again.

The duo have been demoing new material in Justin's studio in Lowestoft.

And if they're happy with the results of their sessions they intend to reunite the rockers who had a string of Top Tens and a No1 album during 2003 and 2004.

A source said: "If their stuff is liked by label staff they will attempt to reunite The Darkness."

After Justin quit in October 2006 the band carried on but had little success.

Hell yeah. If the Darkness get their act together they'd be world class. Justin can write stonking tunes, play guitar brilliantly and sing. Es Muss Sein!

Yes but it's not the done thing to say it these days.

Sssh!

Si.

"We Are The World" has been re-recorded.

Kanye West, Jennifer Hudson and Celine Dion were among a host of stars who gathered to re-record the 1985 US charity anthem We Are The World in the same Hollywood recording studio where the original was cut 25 years ago. Skip related content

Pink, Natalie Cole, the Jonas Brothers, Tony Bennett and Akon were other musical luminaries who stood shoulder to shoulder on risers at Henson Recording studios, singing their hearts out and hoping to help Haiti.

"This one, the enthusiasm, I've never seen anything like it," said Lionel Richie, who wrote the original song with Michael Jackson, and oversaw the new version with music mogul Quincy Jones.

Later, a who's who of rappers, including Snoop Dogg, LL Cool J and Wyclef Jean, recorded an interlude written by Black Eyed Peas frontman and producer will.i.am.

At one point during the session, the musicians broke out into an a cappella version of the pop classic Lean On Me.

True to her diva reputation, Barbra Streisand recorded her solo over and over, completely absorbed in the recording process and stopping only to correct her pitch.

Rapper Lil' Wayne was told he would do Bob Dylan's part in the original song.

"I said, 'Are you kidding?'," he said. He felt blessed to record the song but admitted: "I don't know how to sing."

Some of music's top names, including big Grammy winners Taylor Swift and Beyonce, were unable to make the recording. Janet Jackson, who was out of town, will contribute vocals remotely.

Janet Jackson, who was out of town, will contribute vocals remotely.
    We've always had terrible problems when people have tried that sort of thing. I can imagine them in the studio trying to de-hiss Janet Jackson and ending up sticking an effect over it to make it sound acceptable.

One for Pip:

Eight important factlets about the new Keane 'EP'

1. They're calling it an EP but it's got eight tracks (EIGHT TRACKS) on it and three of them could be obvious singles so let's be honest here, it's an album. Full tracklisting: 'House Lights', 'Back In Time', 'Stop For A Minute' (feat K'Naan), 'Clear Skies', 'Ishin Denshin (You've Got To Help Yourself)' (feat Tigarah), 'Your Love', 'Looking Back' (feat K'Naan), 'My Shadow'. We had a bit of a chit-chat with the band last week and put forward our 'it's clearly an album what are you talking about' opinion; Tim from the band mentioned that he agreed with something Liam Gallager recently said about the constraints of the modern music industry meaning that bands don't really get to release enough music. Keane's point regarding this EP is that the songs - recorded on the road - are so diverse that they don't really make sense as a 'proper album', but at the same time they're good enough to be released. So that is why they're calling it an EP.

2. It's an album.

3. The artwork is boring but don't let this fool you - there's some exciting stuff on 'Night Train'. Some of the songs continue in the trajectory of the last Keane album, so 'Your Love' (which has touches of 'Early Winter') is quite electrical and 'Stop For A Minute' (featuring a rap from K'Naan who manages to rhyme 'females' with 'e-mails' thus putting this song on a level with Pixie Lott's 'Cry Me Out' in that respect and that respect alone) sits well alongside something like 'Spiralling'.

4. If you fear the modern world don't worry. 'My Shadow' is a proper 'Bedshaped'-shaped Keane tearjerking piano ballad (a 'piallad', if you will). It is a lovely song about there being no need to feel alone because if you shine a light you "will see my shadow on every wall, and you will see my footprint on every floor", offering the advice that "when your back's against the wall that's when you show no fear at all" and *breaks down uncontrollably as result of massive pop blubfest*

5. 'Ishin Denshin (You've Got To Help Yourself)' sounds like the theme from a long-forgotten early-90s Saturday morning kids TV show FROM SPAIN. Except the guest vocalist, Tigarah (very listenable MySpace tuneage here), is a Japanese Baile Funk expert so that's a bit confusing. The main point here is that 'Ishin Denshin (You've Got To Help Yourself)' is on one hand amazing and on the other hand is the sort of thing that should never ever be heard by anybody at all, still less released as a single. It's not an easy song to come to terms with, but we've given it four stars out of five in our iTunes library if that's any help.

6. 'Looking Back' interpolates the Rocky theme (!) and 'Clear Skies' has a killer, 'Call The Shots'-esque chorus, while 'House Lights' is the music they came onto on their last tour (hence the name etc).

7. This isn't connected to the EP 'per se' but the Keane Website has a clip of Tom performing the Pet Shop Boys tune 'Your Funny Uncle', which is quite nice. *Breaks down uncontrollably for second time*

8. And there we have it. The new Keane ALBUM discussed in some vague waffle which while perhaps not particularly detailed or brilliantly written might lead you to be quite excited about this very good collection of tunes. 'Stop For A Minute' is the first single - Keanemusic have a behind the scenes report from the video shoot. The whole thing's out in May. THERE YOU GO.

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/#ixzz0f8TWBy0Z

Eight tracks used to be plenty for an album. Without getting to progressive, the minimum you can get away with is six.