Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Freddie Mercury and Monserrat's "Barcelona" album is seven, including one track stitched together out of all the offcuts for the rest! They only had her for a few days so it was a case of making a little go as far as it could! I love that album though.

Si.

Robert Pattinson 'allergic to vaginas'

Robert Pattinson has reportedly spoken of his disdain for vaginas, according to reports.

The Twilight actor, who took part in a naked photo shoot with other women this week for Details magazine, has sparked rumours that he might be homosexual.

The star is quoted by Showbiz Spy as saying: "I really hate vaginas. I’m allergic to vagina. But I can’t say I had no idea, because it was a 12-hour shoot, so you kind of get the picture that these women are going to stay naked after, like, five or six hours.

"But I wasn’t exactly prepared. I had no idea what to say to these girls. Thank God I was hungover."
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a203162/robert-pattinson-allergic-to-vaginas.html[/URL]

Now that's a headline for tomorrow's Times.

*cough* Gay! *cough*

Si. :mobile

Oh I hope he is! Anything which will put an end to seeing Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart together on the cover of every magazine this year. I was going to go postal if I saw just one more of those.

Oh and whilst we're on the subject ... my hope for 2010 is no more Brad-Angelina-Jen covers, or speculation that Tom and Katies marrage is on the skids.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I remember as a boy in the 80s, Daryl Hannah had a big impact on me (I think I had at least one of her posters). Never realised she suffered from Asperger's.

You would think really if you had Asperger's, being an actor was a strange choice of career. Although I was pushed into doing acting so I could learn to fake social interaction when I was a teen ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ah-blacklisted

Daryl Hannah was "blacklisted" from Hollywood because she suffered from Asperger's Syndrome.

The 'Splash' actress was diagnosed with the illness - which limits social interaction - early in her career and admits she almost ruined her professional life because she was so nervous of doing promotion as it involved talking to lots of people.

She said: "I never went on talk shows, never went to premieres. Going to the Academy Awards was so painful for me. I'd almost faint just walking down the red carpet. I was so socially awkward and uncomfortable that I eventually got blacklisted.

"Studio executives would call me but I'd be too shy to call them back. So after a while a couple of studios literally told my manager that I was blacklisted."

Although her career was almost over before it had begun, Daryl - who turns 50 this year - claims she would never put her work before her personal life.

She said: "If something in my personal life comes up that moves me - whether it's because my father was ill, or because I want to spend time with my boyfriend - I will prioritise that over taking a movie part. That's the way I've been throughout my life."
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Diana Vickers has revealed the name of her debut album.

A post on the official website of the former X Factor singer confirmed that the LP will be called Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree.
    Oh go away!

Si.

From 2011:

Diana Vickers has revealed the name of her follow up album to the multi-million selling 'Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree'.

A post on the official website of the worldwide megastar confirmed that the LP will be called 'More Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree'.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's so "tortured artist" isn't it!

Si.

Just so long as it's not tortured listeners as well.

Interesting.

Brit Award 2010 winners have reportedly enjoyed an overnight surge in album sales.

Florence and the Machine's Lungs, which scooped the 'British Album' gong, saw an increase of 210% on Play.com after the ceremony.

Dizzee Rascal's Tongue N Cheek, currently at number 73 in the album charts, registered a 375% jump in sales on the online music store. Lily Allen, Lady Gaga and Jay-Z all saw increases of over 100%.

Alicia Key's solo version of 'Empire State Of Mind' was the retailer's biggest overnight digital download, shifting three times as many as the duet version with Jay-Z.

JLS reportedly failed to capitalise on their double win and performance. Neither their album or single 'Beat Again' had a sales increase.

"The Brits Awards is one of the most influential events of the year in terms of affecting album sales and music downloads," head of music at Play.com Helen Marquis said.

"We were surprised to see that JLS sales were not affected by the Awards last night whereas sales of other artists such as Florence and the Machine doubled - and Dizzee Rascal sales almost quadrupled overnight!"
    Telling that it was the duet version of "Empire" that was performed last night, but the solo version that has racked up all the sales. Jay Z really is the worst thing on all his own songs!

Si.

I hope Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are (mimed medley) makes a chart appearance.

The live recording of Florence & The Machine and Dizzee Rascal's performance at The Brits has overtaken Helping Haiti as the itunes number one!

Lemar has reportedly been forced to postpone the release of his greatest hits collection following a mistake on the artwork.

The album was reportedly sent to the printers with the word "Hits" missing from the title The Hits, according to the Daily Star.

Originally scheduled for release on March 1, the new record has now been delayed by one week until March 8.

The collection features previous singles 'If There's Any Justice', 'Dance (With You)', '50/50' and new track 'The Way Love Goes'.
    As we all suspected really - the album is lacking any Hits.

Si.

I hope it sells as much as Andy Abraham's best of.

I honestly had to think who he was for a moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEYC...layer_embedded

She's never played a single video game in her life.

I'm seriously tempted to get tickets for this! Am I sad?

http://www.o2academyislington.co.uk/...ickets/Details

Pink, Pink Sunshine!

Randomly. one of Lemar's new songs on his Shits album samples "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Dame Kim Wilde.

Ooooh.

Sonia is pregnant!

So the showbiz bird reckons.

Son of Sonia.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Could be a girl.

Could be triplets...

Is Craig David worried that all his recent singles have flopped?
    "No. Every song reflects where you are at that moment. I've never released a record that didn't represent where I was at that time.

"Sometimes the stars need to align. Even if a song doesn't connect sales-wise it matters more whether or not I've been happy with the record. It's when you chase commercial success that you're on a slippery slope."
    Yes. Not selling records is fine. It's good! It's when you try and make lots of money and have records at Number 1 that you're in deep trouble.

Si.

Every song reflects where you are at that moment. I've never released a record that didn't represent where I was at that time
    Technically true - keep this up and he's out on his ear.

Controversy.
    A number of Diana Vickers fans have urged her record label to radically change the cover of her upcoming debut album.

The first publicised sleeve for Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree featured Vickers in an oversize bow dress with a purple splattered-paint banner and her name in Jamie Reid-style newspaper typeface.

After initial complaints, the cover was tweaked to alter the colour of the banner to cherry red, but fans on her official site have continued to complain about the lack of album name and use of the previously published photograph.

Raffles47 said: "The cover is simply awful - it desperately needs to be changed and quickly!!! Diana deserves better than this - it looks like the dog has had hold of it!"

Forum user Foxello suggested: "Seems that the best thing to do will be try and get the message to Diana herself. RCA won't listen to us, so we need to hope Diana will.

"I can't for one minute believe someone of her flair and passion would permit something as bland and as colourless as this to be the cover for HER album."

However, another web user SarahNugentxx countered: "I actually really like it."

This is the danger of letting people voice their opinions all over the place. It leads to "news" driven by what a few people may or indeed may not think about something. Really that's no more than one person's opinion being traded as a story.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.