Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Random Entertainment Stuff

Louise Redknapp's new series opened with 898k (4.1%) for Five last night, according to the latest viewing figures.

Farmer Wants A Wife, which aired during the 9pm hour, came last during its timeslot.
    Pity the Redknapp.

Si.

They keep trailing it before, after and even during "Neighbours".

In fact yesterday's episode featured the worst "during" trailer of all time where an almost life sized Ian Wright popped up at the bottom of the screen to silently plug that "One Show" rip off on Five.

Sprout Faced

Sample user comment: "I like his nose".

Si.

He's not Donovan's grandson is he? Looks like him.

Alexandra Burke's fab new single "My Man" has a new video and it debuts tonight on ITV2 at 1am. Peak time!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

The BBC has confirmed that Victoria Wood is filming a Christmas special.
    Hurrah!

Walters is involved too, hopefully also Preston, Imrie and the rest of them!

Si.

Someone I know will relate to this story:

Kelly Clarkson has decided to alter one of her songs after claims that she copied a Beyoncé track.

The American Idol winner explained that songwriter and producer Ryan Tedder sent her the track that became 'Halo', but did not tell her that he had already offered it to Beyoncé.

Clarkson's record company Sony BMG then released her version of the song, 'Already Gone', despite her requests for the single to be withheld.

As a result, Clarkson decided to amend the song before performing it on tour.

She told MTV: "Unfortunately, it comes out where a lot of songs sound similar and, I don't know, I want to sound a little authentic, so we changed it.

"It's a little acoustic, and then it breaks out into this big, beautiful, diva-esque thing."

She added that she was not upset with Tedder, saying: "I have a lot of songs that I've done with Ryan, and they all sound very different. It's just, unfortunately, in that situation, they sound exactly the same.

"But our melodies are different. Beyoncé and my melodies are different [on the song]."
    I don't know what the problem is - they're both among my favourite songs and at least this way we have two great tunes rather than one!

Si.

Michael Jackson was reportedly recorded criticising members of his family.
    But they're such a likeable bunch! Especially the Dad, he's a peach.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Charlie Sheen is reportedly planning to build his own baseball court.
    This is news?!

It's news to Charlie Sheen...

Former EastEnders actor Michael Greco has insisted that he has no regrets over his decision to launch a poker career.

The ex-soap star has become a professional gambler since bowing out as Walford's Beppe di Marco in 2002.

"After being in EastEnders it was either do this or take part in one of those awful celebrity reality television series. I would never do that," BANG Showbiz quotes Greco as saying.

"The worst thing they asked me to do for a programme was to train greyhounds for a race."

Greco has reportedly earned more than $680,000 (Ł414,676) from poker in recent years. He plays under the name 'The Godfather'.
    It's nice to know what Michael Grecco is up to. Though he does sound a little ungrateful - train greyhounds? How absurd and humiliating! Some of us would love to be offered the chance to do something new and different, make a television programme, and get paid for it.

Maybe if his 'winning streak' ever runs dry he won't be so dissmissive of such awful opportunities.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Lily Allen has confirmed that she has no intention of recording a follow-up album to this year's It's Not Me, It's You.

The singer recently revealed that she would star in a stage production of Neil LaBute's Reasons To Be Pretty and would not "record and tour again for quite a while".

Writing on her It's Not Alright blog, Allen said: "Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record (applause).

"I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade."

She added: "The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I'm concerned, so I don't (at this point) stand to profit from legislation.

"Except future purchases of previously recorded material (which wont be much)."
    Anyone boverred?

We know these people change their mind as often as their pants, so we shall move on without even deeming to comment about Ms Allen's witterings. Well done love, now take a year or two off and then get back to it. As indeed we know you will.

Pixie Lott 'eager for James Morrison duet'
    She's a unique talent!

Form a queue to the Top 3!

Si.

To be fair she's got a 100% number ones record.

Although she's only released two singles.

I can't be bothered with her.

She's not original enough for me. I've heard it all before.

Si.

Me too. She's like Duffy but more poppy. I bet that's how the record company described her in their meetings!

She's little more than just a pretty blonde girl with an ass that won't quit.

Pip Madeley Guest

Leona Lewis in tears after being 'slapped by a male fan' at book signing

Leona Lewis was left 'shaken' after being slapped by a male fan during a signing for her autobiography Dreams today. After speaking to police, the visibly distressed X Factor winner left with her eyes hidden behind a pair of dark glasses. Police said a man had been arrested following the incident.

Leona's management released this statement: 'Leona was the victim of an unprovoked attack this afternoon at her book signing. The police were called immediately and medical attention has been sought.

Leona had been due to appear on The One Show following the signing at Piccadilly in central London, but her appearance has now been cancelled.
    Whoever did that was a complete tosser, I hope they throw the book at him (pun not intended).

I hope she gets back into the signings and sells a lot more books as a result.

Some people are just complete wankers.
    'In search of some rest, in search of a break
    From a life of tests, where something's always at stake
    Where something's always so far...'

There's no need to slap her (and I'd agree with Pip's diagnosis of the character of the man in question)...

...but why does she have an autobiography already? She's only 24, for god's sake. Maybe I'll start writing my autobiography now, too...

Anthony x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Make sure it's more interesting than Billie Piper's "effort", which came out when she was only about 19. All it was was quotes on the even-numbered pages and pictures on the others. I'd have thought taat common sense dictated that you'd need to be at least fifty to have had enough anecdotes for a biography - still, what on earth has Leona done to deserve this?

Captain Tancredi Guest

Seeing as the attacker has apparently now been sectioned according to BBC News, quite probably nothing.

I was looking over someone's shoulder - they were reading a tabloid, so this may not have anything to do with anything - said newspaper claimed he was a disgruntled X Factor reject.

Su Pollard has been asked to re-record her 1986 hit 'Starting Together'.

A new documentary has been made about the couple, Marc and Karen Adams-Jones, who featured in the original 1986 Desmond Willcox documentary series, The Marriage. The BBC series attracted over 13 million viewers eager to join in with the build up to the couple's wedding.

The couple now have four children and are celebrating 25 years together.
    Please God let this happen!

Go Su! Imagine what she could achieve in a modern studio with the latest recording equipment.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!