Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

It's always annoying to enjoy a concert and read bad reviews afterwards. I guess MDNA isn't impressing people in the press these days.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The original Sugababes have reportedly renamed themselves Mutya Keisha Siobhan.
    Hurrah! It's uncatchy, doesn't sound good, each of the three names is difficult to pronounce and they are screwed if any one of them leaves. And that's not likely with this band, is it?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Hurrah! It's uncatchy, doesn't sound good, each of the three names is difficult to pronounce and they are screwed if any one of them leaves. And that's not likely with this band, is it?
    Was that from Digital Spy, Si? The commenters on that article all seem to be under the impression that the legal document is either fake, or for something not related to the original Sugababes.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

We shall see!

Si.

Anastacia has revealed that she "doesn't have time" to record a collaboration with David Guetta.

The singer explained that the French DJ has been in contact on numerous occasions in an attempt to get her on one of his tracks.

"He's called me so many times and I just don't have time for it," Anastacia told the Daily Record about a potential Guetta collaboration.
    David Guetta = producer of sure-fire instant Top 10 hits
    Anastacia = lost fallen pop star in need of a hit
    Conclusion = Anastacia is mad or simply doesn't like money/popularity/success

Si.

"There were people who incorporated melody before me, but I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing," Drake told The Jewish Chronicle.
    Neneh Cherry anyone?

Si.

I would deem myself the first person to successfully rap and sing
    Check out 'Rapture' by Blondie.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"We Will Rock You" is almost sort-of a rap isn't it?

Anyway, bloody "Subteranean Homesick Blues" surely!

Si.

Yeah but some people might argue Bob can't sing anyway!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Stupid people, Si.

Woody Guthrie once said, "I don't know about that boy's songwriting, but he sure can sing!"

Then he died.

Si.

Singing and rapping is what Plan B does as well, surely? That's your "gimmick" exploded, matey!

Right, deep breath...

We were just enjoying our lunch and the sun when we notified that singer Cher had launched an attack on one of our writers!

Yep the 'Burlesque' star clearly had a few major issues on her mind as he took to Twitter to vent (all the CAPS)!!

The singer clearly isn't happy over a story our writer, Shaun Kitchener, wrote back in March about an alleged Cher/Adele duet snub.

Cher tweeted her 760,000 followers an enraged message about Shaun's story: ''Shaun Kitchener is a Liar ! Whats worse he is VAPID,INANE & BANAL!!! HE IS LIVING PROOF,THAT IF U GIVE A CHIMPANZEE A TYPEWRITER,AT SOME POINT HE WILL LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND TYPE THE WORD " A****** "Shaun you know where i am ! DONT OUT & OUT LIE ABOUT ME AGAIN''

We were left confused, Shaun was confused and so were her fans. Who is Shaun Kitchener? And what has he done?

Well Cher continued, adding: BY SHAUN KITCHENER CHER"FUMING"OVER ADELE DUET SNUB!! CHER WOULD HAVE MOVED MOUNTAINS 2GET THE HITMAKER ADELE 2 WRITE HER A SONG OR JUST SING A CHORUS ON HER ALBUM,BUT THE STAR HAS COMPLETELY IGNORED ALL CONTACT!ADELE WOULDN't EVEN RETURN HER CALL!''

''This is how POISON STARTS !Then we get turned against 1 another! WE ARE ARTISTS! SISTERS,BROTHERS! NOT ALL THE SAME BUT DESERVING OF RESPECT''

The story that singer is referring to was one covered on March 22 this year, that said ''Cher was left upset that Adele turned down an offer of a duet, if a tenuous tabloid report is to be believed.''

''A source at the time was said to have told the National Enquirer that the iconic 'Believe' singer, working on her first studio album in over ten years, would have "moved mountains" to have the 'Someone Like You' hitmaker contribute to her new LP, but the star has completely ignored all contact.''

Shaun also included a quote from her representative, who denied that the snub had ever occurred.

Following the Twitter attack and abuse from Cher fans, Shaun told us in a statement: "I'm disappointed to have upset Cher given that I've ALWAYS been a big fan of hers, and am sorry that the report from March has upset her. I tried to make it clear that the rumour in question was a tenuous one, and that it had been denied by her representative, and apologise if this was not clear enough. I have received a lot of vicious tweets from her fans, and some of them are quite upsetting."
    Calm down dears...

Good. Serves him right. If he was a big fan, he shouldn't have sold out and included a story about a spat that wasn't, even though he knew the rumour was "tenuous". No point bleating that you "tried to make it clear". You ran the story, you knew exactly what you were doing!

Si.

Bitter old man just can't let go of the hatred:
    Sir Elton John has lashed out at Madonna and claimed that the 'Girl Gone Wild' singer "looks like a f**king fairground stripper".

The Sun reports that Sir Elton was asked about the singer's feud with his friend Lady GaGa by an Australian television show.

The 'Rocket Man' star described Madonna as "a nightmare" and said that he was almost glad that her latest tour was receiving negative reviews.

"Sorry, her career is over," he said. "Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c***.

"If [she] had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray of Light and stayed away from the dance stuff," he added. "[She should have] just been a great pop singer and [made] great pop records, which she does brilliantly.

"But no... she looks like a f**king fairground stripper. She's been horrible to GaGa."

Madonna recently responded to claims that GaGa copied the melody of her hit song 'Express Yourself', describing the 26-year-old's 'Born This Way' as "a wonderful way to redo my song".

Sir Elton previously criticised the 'Hung Up' singer after she beat his duet with GaGa to the title of 'Best Original Song' at this year's Golden Globes.
    I think the last line gives some clue as to the real problem.

You'd think that after all those years in the "business", he would be more professional than to say such awful things about someone else.

Really, how terrible it must be to be Elton John and have so much hatred inside you.

Si.

And where has it all come from? I can understand wanting to stand up for his friend, but really!

The Rolling Stones have apparently held secret recording sessions.

Mick Jagger then tweeted an image to the Rolling Stones' official Twitter page of himself in the same studio two days later.

"Had fun in the Paris studio this week," Jagger wrote in a caption accompanying the picture.
    Not that secret then.

Si.

Will Pop Idol come to Qatar?

No, because there has been a Twitter revolt against it.

MBC Cancels Arab Idol

The Qataris have excellent taste...

Bad news everybody! We've all missed the best night out ever had by anyone ever:

Queen frontman Freddie Mercury disguised Princess Diana as a male model and smuggled her into a gay bar during the 1980s, according to a comedienne's memoir.

Cleo Rocos, whose book The Power Of Positive Drinking is being serialised in the Sunday Times, recalls how she, Mercury and fellow comedian Kenny Everett dressed Diana in an army jacket, cap and sunglasses for a night out at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, south London.

Rocos, who co-starred in Everett's TV show, said: "When we walked in... we felt she was obviously Princess Diana and would be discovered at any minute.

"But people just seemed to blank her. She sort of disappeared. But she loved it."

Rocos says she did not know whether Diana was propositioned in the bar in her guise, but adds: "She did look like a beautiful young man."

The presence of Mercury, Everett and Rocos diverted revellers' attention and Diana was able to order drinks undetected, Rocos says.
    Yes darlings. I'm with Queen and he's a Princess with The Queen.

Bad news everybody! We've all missed the best night out ever had by anyone ever:

Queen frontman Freddie Mercury disguised Princess Diana as a male model and smuggled her into a gay bar during the 1980s, according to a comedienne's memoir.

Cleo Rocos, whose book The Power Of Positive Drinking is being serialised in the Sunday Times, recalls how she, Mercury and fellow comedian Kenny Everett dressed Diana in an army jacket, cap and sunglasses for a night out at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, south London.

Rocos, who co-starred in Everett's TV show, said: "When we walked in... we felt she was obviously Princess Diana and would be discovered at any minute.

"But people just seemed to blank her. She sort of disappeared. But she loved it."

Rocos says she did not know whether Diana was propositioned in the bar in her guise, but adds: "She did look like a beautiful young man."

The presence of Mercury, Everett and Rocos diverted revellers' attention and Diana was able to order drinks undetected, Rocos says.
    Yes darlings. I'm with Queen and he's a Princess with The Queen.

I could well believe they would have gotten away with such a thing, too!

It's the sort of thing they'd have tried!

That pub where Lorraine Bowen often performs.