Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Sugababes - Who Owns The Name?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...6yNrr_e27SIFKw

Bloody hell, another one!

Shame really, as she's quite good.

When do the Sugababes stop being the Sugababes and start being a tribute band???
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

They should have picked a third member from the New Deal employment programme? They would have lasted longer!

This is all unconfirmed so far.

IF it's true then it would be amazing and unfortunate and brilliant all at once.

For one thing, both the Amelle-incarnation of the Sugababes and Jade Ewen have got albums ready to be released... so this would be a major hassle and put a lot of noses out of joint. I wonder if Jade CAN get out of (presumably) a contract to a record company that have pumped a lot into launching her as a solo artist? And the 'babes would have to delay their album until after Christmas and re-record half of it! So it would be an utter mess.

On the other side of the coin, I could well see that a solo career would be the ideal move for Amelle right now - she has just had a Number 1 with a vocal on Tynchy Striders last record after all.

I'm wondering where this has come from. IF it's true... blimey.

Si.

Still waiting. Do you think a certain two management teams somewhere in London are having a "busy" day today?

Si.

Keisha Speaks!

Keisha Buchanan has dismissed rumours that Sugababes are about to undergo another lineup change.

Yesterday it was reported that Amelle Berrabah, who replaced original member Mutya Buena in December 2005, had quit the pop trio after allegedly falling out with Buchanan.

However, Buchanan told the News of the World: "We're all still in LA, me and the girls. There is no hate going on between us. There's the three of us in this band and no-one is joining."

Buchanan also scotched rumours that Eurovision singer Jade Ewen is being lined up to join the girlband.

"It's not true she's joining. She's a friend of mine but no, I'm not a liar," she insisted. "It's completely false, that's the honest to God truth. One hundred per cent."

However, the News of the World also reported that Sugababes's label, Island Records, are preparing to make an announcement on the future of the group in the next couple of days.

Sugababes's current single 'Get Sexy' peaked at number two on the UK singles chart earlier this month.
    So seems it was all lies la la lies. Or was it? The last bit sounds ominous.

Maybe they're jacking it in after this album? It's hard to see why though - surely not because one single has "only" got to number 2? They seemed full of optimism before that. Maybe they're leaving the label!

Si.

The announcment might be a new tour.

Or Amelle is leaving to form Sugababes II with Mutya and Siobhan.

Interestingly, Jade Ewan is quite "normal" when it comes to updating Facebook and the like, often chatting on there and posting things like "can't believe my song is out soon!" and so on. She commented on our Eurovision cake! And she has updated to say her song is released tomorrow, but has she hasn't posted to deny the Sugababes rumours. Neither is there a denial on her MySpace page. Someone has removed all the discussion about it on her Facebook page though.

I wonder if we've heard the last of this rumour.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    Or Amelle is leaving to form Sugababes II with Mutya and Siobhan.
    Or how about a dream team line up of Amelle, Mutya, Siobhan, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton - Suga'n'Spice.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Captain Tancredi Guest

Vera Lynn seems to be flavour of the month at the moment...

Oh shit...

The current line-up of the Sugababes has disbanded.

Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah will continue as the Sugababes and will be joined by new member Jade Ewen. They release their album ‘Sweet 7’ on November 23rd through Island Records.

Keisha Buchanan will continue to record for Island Records as a solo artist.
    from the official website.

Oh dear oh dear.

I love it when celebs dismiss rumours, then about 48 hours later news comes out and you just wanna scream "you liar"!

Have I already said that 'Get Sexy' is shockingly bad? I can usually stomach the Sugababes, but this was... offensive.

Was Keisha too sexy for Sucrose ones?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

No original members left!

Si.

Keisha Buchanan has confirmed her departure from the Sugababes on her Twitter account, claiming that it was not her decision to leave.

The band's record label announced earlier this evening that she had left the group and would be replaced by Eurovision star Jade Ewen.

Buchanan wrote: "I've had a great time and have achieved more than I ever thought I would.

"Although it was not my choice to leave, it's time to enter a new chapter in my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about the girls and I wish them the best of luck. I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that led to this.

"Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things. I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me."

She added: "I want to thank the Sugababes fans and my fans for all your support and all who have never judged me, but accepted me for who I am... The feisty, funny, professional, fearless motor mouth. This is not the end... but the beginning!"

Buchanan also admitted that she is "nervous" and "excited" about embarking on a career as a solo artist and is planning to "take some time to focus on me".
    Keisha doesn't stand a chance solo does she! We've heard "this is not the end... but the beginning!" a few times down the years. Where's Jenny Frost now?

Si.

Buchanan also admitted that she is "nervous" and "excited" about embarking on a career as a solo artist and is planning to "take some time to focus on me".
    Bun? Oven?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Bun? Oven?
    lol

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, I didn't see that coming! So Jade Ewen is joining them... does this mean her solo album will be shelved?

I quite liked 'Get Sexy' actually (the synth bits are immense and the girls' vocals are, indeed, sexy).

"Get Sexy" is okay but I much prefer "About A Girl" which was going to be the next single and has already "gone to radio" as they say.

The whole sitatuion is bizzare. To leave when you're in America filming a video? To be replaced by someone who is about to launch a solo album? To say the new album is still going to be called "Sweet 7" when none of the people on it were on the first album? Unless they keep Keisha's vocals and re-record a few tracks with Jade which is what they did when Mutya buggered off.

Maybe "Sugababes" will go on forever with different members like that lost boyband Ricki Martin was in. In ten years Madonna, Mel B and Mutya's daughters can all have a spell.

"Sugababes" - surely the Doctor Who of pop, with one of their members perpetually regenerating ...

Of course, the best thing Jade's fans can do is support her new career and not over-react hysterically.

Good luck Jade...you are most certainly going to need it!!!

Its a bit of a let down for the fans who were eagerly awaiting your album and watching your career grow.

Its my time...well yes it was! Im not gonna let go of it...YOU JUST DID!

CAREER SUICIDE!!
    Oh, whoops, you just did.

Si.

Oh THAT Jade! How could I forget that song?....

Just as long as The Saturdays don't think "With the Sugababes out of the way...this could be our chance!!!"

Chance for what? To record an album and have lots of Top 10 hits and be a chart-conquering girl band?

Mean though it was, I pondered last night whether that guy had a bit of a point. From Jade's perspective, it MIGHT be seen as a bit of an odd, not to say risky, move, especially wrt the way Simon described it - having lost their founding member, one of their key vocal talents and become (in the words of Popjustice yesterday "a joke") no-one would be surprised if the Sugababes fizzled out. Let's remember that, despite the love for them as survivors, the last album tanked and the new single has had mixed reviews. It's not UNREALISTIC that the group might now implode. Where will Jade be then? Is she going to be able to just pick up back where she left of, dragging an association with a failed group on its last legs behind her? I don't think so. She WAS in quite a great position, with a new solo album that many were eager to hear. When you consider the Sugababes as a group on the rocks, the question "Which would you rather be, a solo star or one third of a group?" springs to mind.

It's somewhat ironic that most girl band singers strive (and fail) to go from being the "third one on the left" in a group to a highly anticipated solo star. Jade has made the reverse career path!

Not trying to be negative, IF the Sugababes can pull off another 'Phoenix' moment, another "Hole in the Head" or "About You Now", it could be great for her. But it's a risky little 'if' and you start to wonder why she gambled on a full hand.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Chance for what? To record an album and have lots of Top 10 hits and be a chart-conquering girl band?
    Sugababes first album at least had "Overload" and "New Year" on it.
    The Saturdays haven't even got anything near as good?
    I'm not against another successful girl band coming along and I can understand the media turning against the Sugababes (I've checked their forum and the love is still there from the fans at least) but it's going to take some doing and an awful lot of hype to eclipse or even get in the same orbit as the Sugababes?

Who can say? Very, very few girlbands last as long as the Sugababes, so if the Saturdays don't "eclipse" one of the best bands of recent times, it doesn't make them worthless.

Besides, it's subjective - in my opinion, even from their one album both "Up" and "No Issues" are better than "Overload" and "New Year". True, the Saturdays have yet to produce anything as good as "About You Now" or "Stronger", but then they've only just got started.

Si.