Default Blu Ray Suggestions

I've just bought a Blu Ray player and was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions what films to buy on Blu Ray and why! Form an ordely queue!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Blade Runner! Check out www.find-dvd.co.uk for the best deals. There are separate sites for different products, as in find-games and find-cds.

Isn't Psychoville out on Blu-ray? And there's the old school Star Treks too. Great stuff!

The best things in HD are animations though. Any Pixar or CGI film will look 1,000 times better. And even traditional animation is going to look nice - check out Akira or Ghost in The Shell.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm already looking into Psychoville, and I will definately look into BladeRunner as well! I shelled out £25 for the Matrix Trilogy when I bought the machine, and the quality on that is great!
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,

This will be interesting to watch - we got a PS3 recently , but not yet the kind of TV to notice the difference. One of the problems is right now DVDs seem so dirt cheap - almost cheaper than renting, so there's always the temptation to buy it on DVD much cheaper.

I imagine the much talked about Lord of the Rings Blu Ray will be amazing - but then I live down the road from Wellywood, so yeah the locals are biased.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

LOTR is one I am really looking forward to, but they are planning on releasing the Theatrical Versions first, I don't see the point!

Well another vote here for Bladerunner.....

If you want an example at how Bluray can breathe new life in to an 'old' film, go for 'Life Of Brian', the restoration is stunning!

Other tips, BBC's 'Planet Earth', Planet Of The Apes (all of them, or you can pick up the first film on Play seperately), 2001: A Space Odyssey, and of course tv-wise, Star Trek TOS S1 & Thunderbirds both look fantastic if you can find them at a reasonable price.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've been looking at Star Trek TOS, but the price is a bit high for something I already have on DVD. I think I'll have to wait until it comes down a bit! Life of Brian sounds interesting though! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President View Post
    LOTR is one I am really looking forward to, but they are planning on releasing the Theatrical Versions first, I don't see the point!
    Money! Annoying they still behave like this isn't it. Why let people buy one box set, when you can make them buy 2, 3, 4 ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......