Default Single Release Schedule

Please add any new release news or notable covers to this thread, and the first post will be updated

26th October 2009

Mariah Carey - I Wanna Know What Love Is
    Tinchy Stryder - You're Not Alone
    Westlife - What About Now

November 2009

2nd November 2009
    JLS - Everybody In Love
    Beyonce – Broken Hearted Girl
    Black Eyed Peas – Meet Me Halfway
    Laura White – You Should Have Known
    Pink - I Don't Believe You

8th November 2009
    Will Young - Hopes & Fears (digital only)
    Stereophonics - Innocent
    Beverley Knight - In Your Shoes (with Chipmunk)/Soul Survivor (with Chaka Khan)
    Bon Jovi - We Weren't Born To Follow
    Leona Lewis - Happy
    Spandau Ballet – Once More
    Jarvis Cocker - Further Complications / Girls Like It Too (7”)[Limited]
    Sugababes – About A Girl
    Britney Spears - 3

15th November 2009
    Alesha Dixon - To Love Again
    Agnes – I Need You Now
    Little Boots – Earthquake
    Mika – Rain
    Ronan Keating – Stay
    James Morrison – Get To You

23rd November 2009
    Flo Rida feat Akon – Available
    Taylor Swift – Fifteen
    La Roux - Quicksand
    Lady Gaga – Bad Romance

30th November 2009
    David Gray and Annie Lennox – Full Steam Ahead
    Ian Brown – Just Like You
    Lily Allen – Who’d Have Known
    Mini Viva - I Wish
    Pixie Lott – Cry Me Out
    Snoop Dogg – Gangsta Love
    Taio Cruz – No Other One

December 2009

7th December 2009

14th December 2009
    Robbie Williams – You Know Me
    Lloyd Daniels - TBC

This guy posts a pretty comprehensive release schedule on several forums:

http://www.moopy.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63647

Thanks Matt. I'll take a look at his and update ours with the bits we are interested in. The PS one is mainly intended to focus only on stuff that anyone who posts here is into, not as a comprehensive release schedule.

Si.

Yeah I thought as much, he includes everything including shit that won't even make the top 200, but I thought you might find it useful.

Very useful - thanks! I wouldn't have thought about people like Cascada but it's good to check out these things in case they are worth getting!

Si.

Is Beyonce's "Broken Hearted Girl" really getting a UK single release here in November?? I adore that song! But I thought the single had been cancelled.

Si.

New Whitney single "Million Dollar Bill" is somewhat better than that last dirge she's been hauling round the promotion circuit lately. Video is quite good too.

Dancey Whitney is back!

Si.

I bet "3" is about threesomes.

What else could it be?

The single is all over for me it seems. There's not a single release there I'm excited about. Oh well, maybe it's just me.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Alicia Keys - Doesn't Mean Anything
    Not to me, she doesn't...

Have you heard the song? I found it this morning and it's reasonably amazing. You can't tell if you like the songs until you've heard them surely - I found them by Youtubing them and hunting for the good ones.

Just because the songs I've posted don't appeal doesn't mean there arn't good tracks out there for you, Si - the ones I've listed are the ones I liked from those I heard were coming out and guessed might appeal to me. You might want to pick some completely different ones you've heard about and check them out, and add them if you like.

Si.

You may be right Si, but without wanting to start a lengthy debate on the relative merits of musical taste and stuff, I suppose I ought to have said none of those artists really interest me all that much rather than the singles themselves.I suppose potentially I might like some of the singles I suppose if I heard them, but I'm not going to make the effort to search them out right now. I don't do that anyway- if I hear and like it then fine, and if I'm missing out on something then, well, to put it mildly I don't really care all that much. Perhaps I'm just too old to care about it all any more and I like what I like and I don't really feel like investigating it all.

I hear lots of music that i really like and I'll make sure I add that in, in case anyone is interested in that. But I can't pretend I'm interested in the same music as you are.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I amended my post as I had trouble expressing myself.

What I meant to say was, I only posted the songs I liked and, as you say, no reason you should like those ones. It was intended so that those interested can add the songs they have found/are interested in too. So it's just my choices, and no reason why the 'single' should be over for you just because you don't like the same old stuff I do.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Rolf & Quo = Christmas No. 1?

Musician Rolf Harris has announced he is teaming up with Status Quo singer and guitarist Rick Parfitt to release a Christmas single this year. It is 40 years since Harris topped the Christmas charts with the hit song Two Little Boys, which remained in the top slot for six weeks. The new single, Christmas In The Sun, is scheduled for release on 7 December. It will go up against the X Factor song, which has been the Christmas number one for the last four years. Harris's track has been taken from compilation album It's Christmas Time, which is released later this month, and features seasonal recordings by Slade, Girls Aloud, Lady GaGa and Bing Crosby. The single was inspired by the Harris's memories of growing up in Western Australia in the 1930s, where the Christmas Day ritual was eating roast turkey in the blazing heat.

The 79-year-old said Status Quo had created a great piece of music to accompany his lyrics. "They came up with musical surprises and guitar rhythms that sent shivers up and down my spine. "These guys have given me everything I wanted - a positive, hard-driving sound, lively and bouncing with good times, laughter and tons of fun." Parfitt added: "Forget Rock 'n' Roll, this is Rick 'n' Rolf. This is a great track that we will be playing for years to come."
    I bet it flops.

And quite rightly so.

Si.