Pip Madeley Guest

Default Cosgrove Hall Films on brink of closure

Cosgrove Hall on the brink

Bloody ITV Apparently this has been on the cards, but they've made some great shows over the years, especially:

Shame.

Starring Richard E Grant.

It's a real shame, but their time seems to be long past.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

They've not done anything of real note for a long time have they? Unless you count Scream of the Shalka...

One of the icons of my childhood from Chorlton and the Wheelies to Jamie and the Magic Torch through Dangermouse to Duckulap they did some truly great work. It'd be sad if they fold, but as Andrew says, what have they done recently? Alas you cannot just trade on the past.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Ironically I was thinking (and still may) of starting a thread about theme tunes which stick to you like crazy glue. I absolutely love the theme tune to Chorlton and the Wheelies and find myself often singing it as I'm cycling for some reason.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    They've not done anything of real note for a long time have they? Unless you count Scream of the Shalka...
    Unless the BBC steps in and commissions them to reanimate all the missing episodes, it really does look like the end.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Unless the BBC steps in and commissions them to reanimate all the missing episodes, it really does look like the end.
    I don't think that's going to happen.

I know I really enjoyed the work they did on Invasion. I know it's not the original work, but it's "the next best thing", and helped bring to life something which otherwise is lost forever. I'm quite amazed there do seem to be a lot of people who hated them.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Captain Tancredi Guest

If you read the Broadcast article, the remaining staff members were executives rather than animators so any other animation work, even if done by the same people, presumably wouldn't be under the Cosgrove Hall name.