Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Teresa Guest

got my first look at the boxset the other day, and I must say i am very impressed!
    It looks good, there are some great extras, that were sadly not included in the first series!
    All in all I am pleased!
    and cannot wait to get mine for Christmas!! yay!

Teresa
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    I've just ordered my copy...unfortunately my wife wants to wrap it up for Christmas once it comes...it'll save her from looking for a prezzie for me!
    you did not have to pay for it yourself as well..

Got my copy yesterday, looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes, especially those from Doomsday, which I didn't enjoy because it was so obviously butchered in the edit.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    you did not have to pay for it yourself as well..
    We've got a joint bank account, so strictly speaking that's not quite true!

Watched the deleted scenes & CIN special last night.

Great to be able to finally watch some Doctor Who scenes without Murray Gold's music drowning them out.

Even better to have a version of CIN without Murray Gold's music drowning it out.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Do we get any more iconic Jackie or Hartmann moments on the deleted scenes?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

I've just seen the DVD version of the CIN special and the new audio
    mix was awful, it was like someone from Youtube had done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    I've just seen the DVD version of the CIN special and the new audio
    mix was awful, it was like someone from Youtube had done it.
    I thought it was an early edit? That'll be why it sounds so crap. You can even hear loads of studio background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    I thought it was an early edit? That'll be why it sounds so crap. You can even hear loads of studio background noise.
    can't say i noticed any thing wrong with it ..

I still haven't got this, although I watched the outtakes on my brother's copy the other night.

I was hoping I might get it in the sales in town, but it seemed to be 50+ everywhere I looked. I'm keeping an eye on eBay (just missed out on a copy yesterday, which was about 37 inc. postage - damn!) but I was wondering if anybody knows where I might get it online fairly cheaply?

(Yes, I am a skinflint!)

Pip Madeley Guest

Cheapest brand new would be 40 Dave, at HMV. They're selling it for 44.99, but using this code (WT8747) you'd get a fiver off, making it 39.99...

I've not even bought the first set yet... one day, I hope to get it at a bargainlicious price of around 20.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    I still haven't got this, although I watched the outtakes on my brother's copy the other night.

I was hoping I might get it in the sales in town, but it seemed to be 50+ everywhere I looked. I'm keeping an eye on eBay (just missed out on a copy yesterday, which was about 37 inc. postage - damn!) but I was wondering if anybody knows where I might get it online fairly cheaply?

(Yes, I am a skinflint!)
    just had a look on Amazon and they are selling it at 45.97p...

Well, I went for HMV in the end, using the promotion code - thanks, Pip!

Forty quid for the box set isn't bad. But I've bought far too much in the sales today, and so I'm not going to buy anything else now until July.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    Well, I went for HMV in the end, using the promotion code - thanks, Pip!

Forty quid for the box set isn't bad. But I've bought far too much in the sales today, and so I'm not going to buy anything else now until July.
    You're welcome, enjoy!

Well, I've just finished viewing the first five disks (not in one go, you understand).
    I'm pleased with the boxed set on the whole. I've warmed to Tennant a little more this time round - although I still wished he'd tone it all down a bit.
    Unfortunately, my disk 4 has a crack in it so I'm going to try and get that replaced by Play.com - I've e-mailed them and am awaiting a response. Although I recall it not being all that popular with some PS members at one of the meets, I really like the Impossible Planet/Satan pit episodes (which are on disk 4), so I am disapoointed that the disk is faulty. Oh well, if I all else goes wrong I'll just get Jason to explain these episodes to me as I know he's a huge fan of the impossible planet storyline!!!!

What are the deleted scenes like? I notice from this months' DWM that there were quite a few 'filmed but cut' scenes from The Runaway Bride, so I guess they'll be on the season 3 boxset.