Thread: Ugly Betty

Dave Lewis Guest

Default Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty is anything but! I think she's quite a stunner.

Sadly, the first episode hasn't exactly given me a major psychiatric effective disorder yet*.

* made me laugh

WhiteCrow Guest

It was almost a complete copy of The Devil Wears Prada so far, even stole the soundtrack.

I watched the first episode earlier, and it was quite amusing, with some genuinely funny laugh-out-loud moments, and America Ferrera is very good in the title role. However, I get the feeling that it's a typical Hollywood comedy ('ugly' girl starts work for a mean-spirited boss, who initially dislikes her, but comes to see the 'beautiful', clever person behind the specs and the braces and falls in love with her) stretched out to a series, but I'll give it time, and hopefully it won't be so predictable.

And I still can't get used to Jim Robinson from 'Neighbours' cropping up in big US television series!!

I miss 'My Name Is Earl', though.
    Last edited by Dave Tudor; 7th Jan 2007 at 3:27 PM.

ok quick Q
    how long will betty have braces ? 1 mouth 1 year or for ever?. well till the last show when she be come beautifully betty ?

It looks awful to me, over hyped and over glossed. Nice to see her from "Extras" and her from "The Office" in it. The comedy "ugliness" is not in the least bit big or clever.

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    ok quick Q
    how long will betty have braces ? 1 mouth 1 year or for ever?. well till the last show when she be come beautifully betty ?
    Until about episode 22/when her boss is shoving his dinky in her mouth.