Default S3's Bad Wolf/Torchwood? (spoilers)

would appear to be Saxon. No, not the rock band

anyway, I'm guessing that Saxon is the possible successor to Harriet Jones, given the front page of the newspaper that the Absorbaloff is reading in Love & Monsters, as well as the "Vote Saxon" posters in Torchwood?

and maybe he/she/it's the big bad of series 3?

get speculating, people!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I mentioned this months ago...

and that was probably months after it was first spotted.

OMFG!! Saxon is the Master with a big TARDIS and everything. He could even be Sabbath from the w*nkbooks! How cool would that be? Johnny Vegas should play him or that camp bloke from Little Britain.

Saxon gets a mention in 'The Runaway Bride' as well. RTD's SAXON AGENDA STICKS IN MY THROAT ALREADY! It's so frikkin' childish how he sticks references in every bloody episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Saxon gets a mention in 'The Runaway Bride' as well. RTD's SAXON AGENDA STICKS IN MY THROAT ALREADY! It's so frikkin' childish how he sticks references in every bloody episode.

quiet you

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I thought the first part of my Predictafanboyrant was cooler.

have i missed some thing but who and what is saxon.

Pip Madeley Guest

Mr. Saxon is a name that has now been referenced twice in the series, first being mentioned in the 2006 season episode Love & Monsters, where it appeared in a headline on a copy of The Daily Telegraph being read by the Abzorbaloff, in which it is stated that he leads polls for a general election.

It is then heard in The Runaway Bride, when the tank commander who opens fire on the Empress of the Racnoss' ship says he has orders from "Mr. Saxon". The nature of how the name has been slipped in to these episodes can be compared to the how previous 'arc words' were referenced. It was confirmed on the commentary track for Love & Monsters on the series 2 DVD boxset that 'Mr. Saxon' will be the story arc for the upcoming 2007 series.

Additionally, the Captain Jack Harkness episode of Torchwood features the words 'VOTE SAXON' on a poster on the door of the derelict dance hall. Like the Love & Monsters reference, the poster is political in nature and references an election.

(from Wikipedia)

While these 'arc words' are fun, I would like to see something else hold the series together, they should give it a rest after this series I think. None the less, I look forward to finding out more about Mr. Saxon.

Trudi G Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Mr. Saxon is a name that has now been referenced twice in the series, first being mentioned in the 2006 season episode Love & Monsters, where it appeared in a headline on a copy of The Daily Telegraph being read by the Abzorbaloff, in which it is stated that he leads polls for a general election.

It is then heard in The Runaway Bride, when the tank commander who opens fire on the Empress of the Racnoss' ship says he has orders from "Mr. Saxon". The nature of how the name has been slipped in to these episodes can be compared to the how previous 'arc words' were referenced. It was confirmed on the commentary track for Love & Monsters on the series 2 DVD boxset that 'Mr. Saxon' will be the story arc for the upcoming 2007 series.

Additionally, the Captain Jack Harkness episode of Torchwood features the words 'VOTE SAXON' on a poster on the door of the derelict dance hall. Like the Love & Monsters reference, the poster is political in nature and references an election.

(from Wikipedia)

Geek

At the risk of fanwank overload...

I reckon Saxon will turn out to be Billis Manger, and that Billis will turn out to be the Master, and that grandfather clock is his Tardis.

I don't care how many times RTD refutes the Master speculation, it works for me, and makes me all warm, excited, and slightly stiff.
    Stand up and fight, and I'll stand up with you!

Quote Originally Posted by idlebagger View Post
    I reckon Saxon will turn out to be Billis Manger
    That sort of goes against the 'Vote Saxon' posters in the same Torchwood episode though.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    That sort of goes against the 'Vote Saxon' posters in the same Torchwood episode though.
    Well, not really, apart from the Torchwood team I don't think anybody else actually saw Billis face to face, so maybe he was moonlighting as a clockmaker?

And I don't expect the Torchwood crew to recognise a public figure, they're far too busy exchanging bodily fluids with one other...

perhaps the identity of Saxon will be the Face of Boa's big seceret..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    perhaps the identity of Saxon will be the Face of Boa's big seceret..

Well, common consensus seems to think that Boe's secret is something to do with the Time Lords... wether that'll include the Master or not, I couldn't say.

There's a definite air of secrecy around this years production, far more so than the last two years.

Well, common consensus seems to think that Boe's secret is something to do with the Time Lords... wether that'll include the Master or not, I couldn't say.

There's a definite air of secrecy around this years production, far more so than the last two years.
    Its more easy to be secret if you are using fewer obvious locations.

But i'd say at this stage we know just as much as we did about season 28.

Saxon is obviously going to be the teme this season, we already saw Biff in the season three Trailer and i suspect the Doctors 'Denim and Leather' speech will go down well in episode 8.

well that's how I like it - it would be great if we can manage to watch series 3 knowing as little as possible as to what's going to happen.

Says you, posting in a spoilers thread!

Saxon is obviously going to be the teme this season, we already saw Biff in the season three Trailer and i suspect the Doctors 'Denim and Leather' speech will go down well in episode 8.
    The time is right for a remake of Doctor Who and the Crusaders.