Default All things audio ...

I've been playing around with the computer as me and the son have been working on some YouTube bits.

Wondering if anyone knew a good source of sound effects online?
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I've been looking to try and also find some voice changer software. Just to see if we can emulate Dalek voices in recording.

I know a lot of people use Audacity, but there's an interesting article about using a killringer modulator with Audacity,

http://supportpcs.co.uk/index.php?op...=205&Itemid=69

Supposedly to emulate Dalek voices. I tried it out, it's worth looking at, but for some reason my attempts sound more like Cybermen (which I also need). I'm guessing most people who have used Audacity know about this, but worth flagging up.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    I've been looking to try and also find some voice changer software. Just to see if we can emulate Dalek voices in recording.

I know a lot of people use Audacity, but there's an interesting article about using a killringer modulator with Audacity,

http://supportpcs.co.uk/index.php?op...=205&Itemid=69

Supposedly to emulate Dalek voices. I tried it out, it's worth looking at, but for some reason my attempts sound more like Cybermen (which I also need). I'm guessing most people who have used Audacity know about this, but worth flagging up.
    That's pretty spooky - I was watching a YouTube tutorial about exactly the same plugin last night The Cyberman one is pretty effective, the Dalek, not so much (bit like the Day of the Daleks ).

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    That's pretty spooky - I was watching a YouTube tutorial about exactly the same plugin last night The Cyberman one is pretty effective, the Dalek, not so much (bit like the Day of the Daleks ).
    Don't suppose you still have the link for it?

Pip Madeley Guest

Not to hand, but type in 'dalek cybermen voices' into YouTube and you won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I have also used the same plugin with Audacity and managed a pretty good Dalek sound. Unfortunately I can't make my voice sound like Roy Skelton, but that's not the plugin's fault

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I did actually end up using Soundsnap for some sound effects for my Advent Calender video.

Audacity did a reasonable job mimicing Dalek/Cybermen voices, although you have to put some performance in.

To mimic Darth Vaders voice, I recorded my line with a bucket on my head to get the right level of echo, made it a bit deeper using Audacity and then mixed in the iconic Darth Vader rasping sound.

And very good it turned out too!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I have a wonderful mental image now!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Well you can do all kind of wonderful things with technology - but sometimes you just have to stick your head in a bucket!