Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

As to the question posed on the cover... I like Troughton, but then I like Baker. But which is best...?

Oh my giddy aunt!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I wonder how critical the Time Team will be of the 21st century Who?

I always (thanks to this forum by the way) think about buying DWM but never get around to it. However, "Day Of The Daleks" and the idea they might say something positive about it if it's on the cover?
    Get in!!!

It looks a lot more like Doctor Who Adventures - got to be a good thing, surely!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

2) Why are they calling this year's series Series 2 when even Moffat finally admitted that last year's was not S1?!
    It's just pathetic isn't it? In fact, it's just plain confusing. What are kids supposed to think when they've just got the last series - in a box called Series 5 - for Christmas? They might be confused. Or they might, like everyone else, just think DWM are being either smug, childish or a bit rubbish.

Si.

They should have just said "in the New Series" and avoided the whole stupid nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I wonder how critical the Time Team will be of the 21st century Who?
    Not very, would be my guess.

Especially as two of them have vested interests having produced offical merchandise based on the show...

Si xx

Yes. "What do you think of the current incarnation of Doctor Who, deputy editor of Doctor Who Magazine, writer of New Series Books, contributor to Doctor Who DVD's and designer of Doctor Who DVD's and Annuals?". There's not a single one of them whose career wouldn't be on the line if they slagged it off!

Si.

Maybe its a new Time Team ?
    Bazinga !

Well I wondering if they might do that. It would make a kind of sense considering the original idea was a group of "ordinary" fans opinions...

Si xx

There's bound to be rogues in it that we recognise if they do!

Si.

The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (out in the shops on Thursday 13th January) features a new-look, with 84 pages dedicated to the world of Doctor Who! The new issue looks ahead to the second series to feature Matt Smith as the Doctor, with both him and co-star Karen Gillan discussing what they think of each other and what's in store for their characters this coming year.

Matt comments on forthcoming monsters in the series:
    There are some great monsters coming up in Series Two; Steven Moffat has created the greatest monsters since the Weeping Angels. It might even eclipse the Angels for me...
    Karen adds:
    I think it’s the scariest one yet, physically and just what it does. They’ve got one thing about them that feels almost undefeatable

Also in this issue:

* Electric Dreams! DWM talks to the people behind the DVD range – and reveals ALL the Doctor Who DVDs releases coming up in 2011! Will your favourites be among them?
    * Train of Thought! Doctor Who’s Head Writer, Steven Moffat, takes the train with the Doctor, Amy and Rory, and tells DWM of a fantastic journey accompanied by saucy pictures of Karen Gillan – and a very special copy of the script for Episode 7...
    * Ghost of Christmas Past! Toby Haynes, the director of A Christmas Carol, gives DWM an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at what was the most Christmassy Doctor Who Christmas Special ever, and reveals the thought processes which went into realising the episode.
    * Initial Success! With just two years to go before Doctor Who celebrates its 50th anniversary, DWM looks back at the actors, writers and stories that helped make it the longest-running and best-loved sci-fi show on television! This issue, DWM reflects on the very first series, which began on Saturday 23 November, 1963...
    * ... By Any Other Name! It’s back! The all-new Time Team of Chris, Emma, Michael and Will get comfy on the sofa and experience an episode of Autons, burping bins and p-p-p-pizza, as they pop on a VHS of the Ninth Doctor’s début story, ROSE! What will they make of it?
    * There's only one way to find out ...! They’re two of the most fondly remembered Doctors – Patrick Troughton’s Second Doctor and Tom Baker’s Fourth. But who was the most influential actor to play Doctor Who? Toby Hadoke and Johnny Candon argue the toss as they engage in A Battle Of Wits!
    * Born in the USA! DWM brings together the writer and the star of a brand new audio adventure for 80s companion Peri Brown, as actress Nicola Bryant and writer Nev Fountain interview each other about Peri and the Piscon Paradox.
    * Time after Time! The Third Doctor, Jo and UNIT battle the Daleks and Ogrons in one of the most memorable stories of the 1970s! Take a trip back through time to 1972 as The Fact of Fiction discovers the secrets behind the Day of the Daleks!
    * Tweet, tweet! DWM examines Twitter, the social networking phenomenon that’s taken over the internet, and recommends 40 people every Doctor Who fan should follow...

Plus new comic strip The Screams of Death sees the Doctor and Amy visit nineteenth century Paris and encounter murder in the night, the Watcher returns in a new regular column, Watcha!, and the usual news, reviews and competitions.

This issue comes with three more collectible art cards featuring exclusive DWM cover images.
    So a new Time Team at last!

Si xx

Chris, Emma, Michael and Will
    Well that's not fair - Chris Eccleston's bound to be biased. And William Hartnell's been dead since 1975, so they won't get much out of him.

Sounds like an interesting mix of old and new Who, notably it sounds like they could be doing a season by season guide which would take them nicely up to November 2013 plus good to see The Watcher back with a regular column.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Well that's not fair - Chris Eccleston's bound to be biased. And William Hartnell's been dead since 1975, so they won't get much out of him.

Si xx

as they pop on a VHS of the Ninth Doctor’s début story, ROSE!
    Is it the nineteen eighties Auntie Vanessa?

Si.

And the new DWM reviewer is... Gary Gillatt.

Si.

Hang on, wasn't he the old DWM reviewer?

Si xx

Gary Gillatt
    YGTBFKM? Gary Gillatt? Why couldn't they bring in Toby Hadoke full time, he was great!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hang on, wasn't he the old DWM reviewer?
    Yes. He hated all the eighties DVD's.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Maybe its a new Time Team ?
    And I hate their young, trendy looking photos, and their gushingly positive thoughts already.

Maybe I could write in and volutneer to be the elderly cummudgeon sitting in the corner moaning all the while.

Still, only 6 bits of questions wrong in the Christmas quiz (so hears hoping for another subscription ), and now a crossword page !!
    Bazinga !

Are two of the new Time Team the same person?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    And I hate their young, trendy looking photos, and their gushingly positive thoughts already.

Maybe I could write in and volutneer to be the elderly cummudgeon sitting in the corner moaning all the while.
    Young people? Pah! What are they good for! with their long hair and pimples? Put them in the corner. Or the army. Humbug!

(Harry and Ant W are apologised to as Ebenezer Wallis is led away and abnormal services are resumed.)