Any truth to the Daily Mirror claims about Tom Baker having a mad rant about Jon Pertwee in this issue, where he semi-claims to have caused the heart attack that killed him?

It's in the Tom interview from last issue. He isn't, of course, being serious, he's just being Tom.

Si.

Oh right. The Mirror with it's finger on the pulse of all the breaking news then.

The Terrance Dicks spoof on the Watcher's new page was fantastic!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Interesting that there's going to be an American version too- Doctor Who Unlimted with all new content, edited by John Ainsworth. I'll be interested to see if that lasts- could be a good sister magazine.

Si xx

[MOAN] OK - building up for a big old moan here....

Gary Gillatt's comments on Meglos were some of the most dreary, mean-spirited and pointless I've ever read. It's all very well putting the boot in to a story you don't like, but Gary drones on and on about how there's no suspension of disbelief.

The man hates Doctor Who! That's the only conclusion I can draw! Why not stick him on the Time Team to make it interesting!

Talking of the Time Team, it's clearly being written by the same person as before. They've just found four new faces to slap at the top of each review.

We've got years of this to put up with! [/MOAN]
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My moan is that I haven't read any of it yet because my subscription copy still hasn't turned up yet. Clearly it's just me, not a national thing. I always start worrying it's got lost in the post, pilfered, or delivered to a next-door neighbour who right now is lapping it up.

All is well with the world - it turned up on Saturday morning. I'm impressed with the new look - the design is pretty good but most importantly, and as per the Ed's letter, it really is more and more back to being a fan magazine, something I felt it had got away from in the first 2-3 years after the return of the show.

A Battle of Wits is a good idea for starters and, although I'm not a Tweeter, the feature on Twitter is a logical one in this modern world of ours. With the return of the Watcher and The Time Team (amazing to think that S1 was almost 6 years ago!), perhaps my only gripe is that I was expecting the Season Guide to be a bit longer than 2 pages! Given that it's handy for the newer fans, you'd think they'd at least list the actual stories and episode lengths, what's on DVD etc!

I finally got hold of 430 yesterday, and actually read the whole thing in one evening. A really enjoyable issue I'd say. I agree with you though, Jonno, about the season guide - on the basis that it's aimed primarily at newer fans, I can't but think it'll leave them very confused, as it selects 'best moments' but doesn't give any context, talks about the first episode in a way which only makes much sense if you've seen it... Actually as I'm typing this, it's occurred to me that maybe part of the idea is to tantalise new fans with alluringly mysterious references, so that they'll scurry off to watch them on DVD. Note that all four of the 'best moments' along the top of the page are from existing stories that are already available on DVD....

I also enjoyed the piece on Day of the Daleks, although I'm surprised they didn't make anything of, for example, the Magnetron being the device the Daleks use here and also the device the Time Lords have used in TOATL. Or that in part 1 the guerilla vanishes from the ambulance just because his device is activated, whereas in the rest of the story you have to be holding it.

And I must say that, new though they may be, it's nice to have a Time Team back. To be fair, we won't really know if it's a worthwhile exercise until they get to Aliens of London - Don't get me wrong, personally I love the first two-parter (genuinely, I do!) but to pick a mix of four fans and none of them really criticise it would be very unrealistic...

I seem to remember that there was a percentage of fans who didn't really rate Rose at the time. The words "Oh my god burping dustbins have killed Doctor Who!" seem to ring in my ears.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

We won't even mention The Deadly Assassin again in the same context...

New cover:

Si xx

That lovely red Dalek could just have won me around to the new look. Have they digitally stretched the picture slightly so it's not quite so "fat"? It looks terrifc.

Si.

They always look OK from the front. Unfortunately any other angle makes them look rubbish.

Si xx

I can't wait to hear the case for the defence...

Bizarre coincidence and all that - but didn't Mark Gatiss & Janet Fielding both get interviewed in the same issue back in Feb/Mar 2005? Maybe they've got the same agent?

And... Janet Fielding Uncovered. Alas, I think your headlines are writing cheques your articles can't cash, Mr Spilsbury!!

Yes, we're probably not going to find out if she "oozes sex" at all, are we?

Well done again to one of our most prolific contributors being in the issue - and I agree with the comments expressed!

You're agreeing with me again, Jonno - careful, it could become habit forming!

BTW, that's a great pic of Hartnell on the inside page isn't it - I wonder where that one turned up?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    "Dancing" is an option...
    and now on strictly come dancing, abby titmus and her partner stuart wallis...dancing the "hide the salami"/"perpendicular pasa-doble"

Cosmic Relief:

Back on TV? Back just for Comic Relief or is the series about to come back too?

Si xx

Tennant back on the cover of DWM!

Is "The God Complex" a new episode title?

Si.

Is "The God Complex" a new episode title?
    Looks like it might be!

Si xx

Either that or details of my psychiatric notes have been circulated again...

Plastic noses are cool.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Oh! so details of my psychiatric notes have been leaked!

Ah...