Default Models for Messrs Hart and McCow

Si and Steve were kind enough to buy me a couple of model kits for my birthday, and so for their benefit, here is how they turned out:

The first is a 1:96 scale model of the Apollo command and lunar modules.

The second is a 1:48 scale Apollo lunar module.

Thanks guys.

Wow, good work there Jason. On the rare attempts I've tried to do a bit of model-making there've always been gobbets of glue left across the finished product!

that really does look pretty awesome! I love all the little bits of detailing on it - after all, that's what model making is all about. You could just imagine a little tiny astronaut coming out and planting his (or her) flag in your desk

I'm also quite glad that this thread wasn't about:
    a) Male models that we would like,
    b) Potential role models for us, or
    c) Models OF us!

Thanks for putting those pics up Jason. One day I might make that 1/5 scale model Sevans Dalek... but for now, the Apollo landing craft look great enough!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wow! Those look great Jason. I'm amazed at the results because I have no aptitude for anything like that. I got several kits when I was a kid that remained half finished because I just couldn't do it!

Glad you liked the pressie!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

What a good idea for a gift! Well done Si & Steve!

And Jason, they look great! I assume you make a lot of models as I have dabbled myself and been to a few model fairs in my time and those are really nicely built and painted.

Si. :mobile

A build like that for me is always fraught with problems. Like misreading the instructions.

Did you at any moment go "Whoops ... Houston we have a problem!"
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post
    Did you at any moment go "Whoops ... Houston we have a problem!"
    Only when I inadvertently glued my finger to the model while sticking all the foil on with superglue....

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I assume you make a lot of models as I have dabbled myself and been to a few model fairs in my time and those are really nicely built and painted.
    Thanks. I used to build models a lot, but haven't done so for some years. I have another LM kit to build, and I found a 'superdetailing' set for it, so I'm going to pull out all the stops for that one. Same for my Saturn V model. Stay tuned for updates.

I just realised I haven't given the updates I promised. Well, since I got more models for Christmas as well, I decided I'd make a blog of my efforts. If anyone wishes to follow along, do visit it here:

http://jasont1979.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    I just realised I haven't given the updates I promised. Well, since I got more models for Christmas as well, I decided I'd make a blog of my efforts. If anyone wishes to follow along, do visit it here:

http://jasont1979.livejournal.com/
    Pah - I've just looked through this. Looks like in your 1:48th world the Russians never got a rocket into space!

You need to address this shortfall soon comrade!

I take if you prefer NASA then.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I take it you're not reading the blog? These models were given to me. My preference doesn't matter at this point.

As it happens I have a cardboard model of my favourite Russian rocket (the N1) in 144:scale. I know it never worked, but I like it anyway....

I liked the N1 - it has a gothic cathedral of rockets look about it.

Indeed. Watching one come crashing down on the launchpad was quite spectacular....