Default What Are The Greatest Contrasting Stories In The Galaxy?

I know most of the earlier episodes are missing (not that it's stopped them making photo reconstructions etc) but what stories from each Doctor were the biggest in contrast to each other?

It's hard to believe "The Aztecs" is from the same series that produced "The Daleks"? That's not to say "The Aztecs" is bad, it isn't but as a contrast...
    Mind you, perhaps I should have chosen "The Edge Of Destruction" instead as they never did that type of story again?

Which season do you feel had the biggest contrast of stories and if you take all the stories from each Doctor what do you think are the biggest contrasts between stories?

It's not about putting the poorer stories against the good ones, I think "Death To The Daleks" is a terrific contrast with "The Time Warrior" for example and I seriously enjoy those episodes as much as each other.

But is that the greatest Doctor Who contrast ever?

Season 25, if you leave out "Silver Nemesis" was a great series of contrasts.
    1960's alien menace, distopian repressive regime and finally a weird circus possessed by a sinister pan-dimensional collective?

You really get your moneys worth with this programme! Apart from TTOATL series which didn't seem to push the boat out in terms of timelines etc...

Pip Madeley Guest

Season 10 is pretty varied - 3 Doctors fighting a Time Lord God in a black hole, 1920s toffs trapped inside a machine with Drashigs, a futuristic space opera, Daleks in the jungle/underground icy caverns and finally some giant maggots and Welsh miners turning green. Great stuff.

It's funny you say that about The Daleks and The Aztecs, as the last time I sat through everything in order I thought the first two seasons were quite consistent and definitely seemed from the same stable. They mixed sci-fi with history of course, but the main characters and the general style always seems consistent to me. Then Verity Lambert leaves and the whole programme changes. Almost every story of season 3 seems to do something different that hasn't been done before, or with a different tone and emphasis, and by the time we get to The War Machines it feels like Hartnell has wandered into a different series for me.

But my choice for the biggest contrast would have to be The Celestial Toymaker on the one hand, and anything remotely entertaining on the other