Pip Madeley Guest

Default Brittany Murphy dies aged 32

Shocking and tragic news:

US actress Brittany Murphy has reportedly died from a heart attack at the age of 32.

Multiple sources told celebrity news website TMZ.com that the actress went into full cardiac arrest and despite multiple attempts, she could not be revived.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department told TMZ that emergency services were called this morning from a house in Los Angeles, which is believed to belong to her husband Simon Monjack.

She is believed to have been taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Brittany, who was born in Atlanta, Georgia, shot to fame after her breakthrough appearance in the film Clueless in 1995.

She went on to star alongside rapper Eminem in his semi-autobiographical film 8 Mile.

It was reported earlier this month that she was fired from a new movie role for allegedly being difficult on the set and was reportedly replaced by Rachelle Lefevre, of Twilight fame.

In May 2007, Murphy married screenwriter Monjack in a private Jewish ceremony.
    No age at all. RIP

Jesus - that's awful.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Pip Madeley Guest

She was good in King Of The Hill - I bet Alex will be sad to hear this news.

I just heard about this, it's awful news. I was a big fan of hers, she was excellent as Luanne in King of the Hill and made me laugh countless times. She was in a fair few other great movies too (Spun and Sin City to name but two) and this is a real tragedy.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I'd completely forgotten she was in King of the Hill.

Such a shame.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quite moving in Girl, Interrupted too.

No idea who she was, really, but a tragedy nonetheless.

Brittany Murphy had reportedly been using a concoction of prescription drugs prior to her death yesterday.

The actress, who died after going into cardiac arrest in her Los Angeles home, allegedly began vomiting on Sunday morning and complained to family members that she felt ill.

Reports claim that the 32-year-old had been taking medication for flu-like symptoms, while others say she was using painkillers including Vicodin following a series of plastic surgery operations.
    Will be interesting to see what the autopsy says. It's certainly struck a chord with me as she's exactly the same age I am.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    Quite moving in Girl, Interrupted too.
    I don't know her either, but at only 32, this film title takes on a rather unfortunate connurtation. Sad.

Very sad news. I was going to say that I'd never actually seen her in anything, but reading these posts has reminded me that I have caught her in several films and TV series, especially King Of The Hill.

Awful way to go at such a young age - rest in peace, Brittany.

Story today in Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...udio-for-death

Brittany Murphy's widower is suing Warner Brothers over her tragic death.

Simon Monjack alleges the studio is to blame for Brittany dying last month from a cardiac arrest because just two weeks before her passing they fired her from the sequel to hit animation film Happy Feet.
    He goes on about how there were a lot of rumours about Brittany taking drugs, but alleges she never touched them. It's always hard to know the truth, as many stars will deny taking drugs, even when caught by police taking a line in the toilets.

But some of his comments about Hollywood's disposable attitude to 20something actresses is interesting. Of course a lot become famous fast - but can also dissapear faster.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Captain Tancredi Guest

The thing with Brittany Murphy is that she'd actually broken out from being a voice artist and had several years in some quite challenging live action roles- unfortunately it's still the case that a thirtysomething actress's bankability does depend largely on her credibility in romantic comedy or as the lead character's girlfriend.

It doesn't help that in Hollywood circles you can almost certainly find a doctor to prescribe you whatever you want, no matter whether it works with or against things you're already taking.