Thread: DVD Help

Default DVD Help

I'm trying to make a dvd thats playable in a dvd player out of some video files. The files are all in .wma format.
    Can anyone recommend a free/inexpensive program which we can use to make dvd's? I have Sonic installed on our pc but it doesn't have an option to burn dvds only play them.
    I've tried to install the burning component but can't find it.

Can anyone help?

Pip Madeley Guest

Hi Paul, I recommend Super - it converts practically any video file into any video file! So you can convert your WMVs into MPEG-2 format (DVD)... you can then use these files to build your DVD in your chosen DVD authoring program...

I personally don't know of any *legally free* DVD authoring programs though, sorry.

Cheers Pip!

Sorry Pip. A quick question. If I convert them into mpeg-2 format will they play in a dvd player without using dvd authoring software to make a nice menu etc.

Do you need the program for an ongoing basis, or just for the one-off?

There's a trial version of TMPGEnc which is good for 14 days which you can get here if that helps....
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I might give that a go, Phillip. Thanks. Ideally I'd like something on a on-goping basis but this might work for now.