Default ITV To Make Show About Missing Episodes

I found this thread over on the O.G forums and thought it might be of interest as it concerns lost episodes of Doctor Who.

ITV are making a TV show about lost TV gems from the early days and have managed to get celebrities of the time involved like Rolf Harris to try and spread the word and get some of these gems found.

They've made a top 50 list of shows they'd liked returned, and Doctor Who is in there, they specifically mention Billy Hartnells last story.

Some more info:

http://www.raidersofthelostarchive.co.uk/index.html

The top 50 list in there. Some unusual shows in the list, including stuff i've never even heard
    Last edited by Larry; 7th Jan 2007 at 5:30 PM.

This has been news for a while, and apparently they've turned up some missing stuff, which they are keeping schtoom about until the show airs. But I'm 99% certain it's not Doctor Who related. Expect stars like Cilla and Brucey being presented with old episodes of their shows.

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    This has been news for a while, and apparently they've turned up some missing stuff, which they are keeping schtoom about until the show airs. But I'm 99% certain it's not Doctor Who related. Expect stars like Cilla and Brucey being presented with old episodes of their shows.

Si.
    Good news, we found missing episodes of Last of the Summer Wine, and found out they had the same story as all the other episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Si.
    Interesting to note that Si mentioned months ago about something being found & then this Web of Fear rumour started. I do doubt it is Doctor Who related if they did find anything. Do you think it was the Crossroads stuff that was found recently that this programme unearthed?
    And when is this programme supposed to air? Or has it?

It aired ages ago, but I missed it. There is another one due shortly, which some people have linked with the "Web of Fear" rumours.

Si.