View Poll Results: It's the end... but was the moment prepared for?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 - Oh, that was beautiful!

6 16.67%
  • 9/10 - Brilliant!

8 22.22%
  • 8/10 - Molto benne!

9 25.00%
  • 7/10 - Allons-y Matt Smith!

3 8.33%
  • 6/10 - Blimey...

1 2.78%
  • 5/10 - Weeeeeeeell....

4 11.11%
  • 4/10 - What?!

4 11.11%
  • 3/10 - No, don't... don't do that...

0 0%
  • 2/10 - I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

0 0%
  • 1/10 - RTD must go! Oh wait, he has.

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Rate And Discuss 4.18: The End Of Time, Part Two

Doctor Who: The End Of Time, Part Two
    Friday 1st January 2010
    BBC1 & BBC HD
    6.40-7.55pm

The Tenth Doctor faces the end...

Repeated Sunday 3rd January at 3.40pm on BBC1 and BBC HD, then 7pm on BBC3.
    Good luck everyone...

As soon as I saw this thread, I was momentarily gripped with horror, that I might have missed it! Then I looked at the clock.

So, anyway, the Plot Resolution Sweepstakes currently stand thus:

Time Lords hopped in a Void Ship: 3/2

Time Lords inside Master's head: 8/5

Wilf shoots Doctor: 7/1

Any sort of "Parallel Gallifrey" theory: 9/1

The woman in the telly is Romana/Flavia/Thalia/Rodan/Patience/The Rani: 12/1

Resurrection Gauntlet reappears: 20/1

Donna has a fob watch and is actually Romana/Flavia/Thalia/Rodan/Patience/The Rani: 35/1

Chancellor Flavia got disintegrated in that clip on the Official Site: 50/1

Last bets, people!
    Last edited by shada pavlova; 1st Jan 2010 at 5:42 PM.

Hmm.

Well, the Time Lords are gone again. Or are they?

Looks like they nicked that spaceships guns from the Millenium Falcon, and also the Moss Eisley cantina.

I didn't like it very much. I loved part one, but got bored of this fairly quickly.

On the upside, Tennant, Simm, Cribbins and Dalton were all fantastic, and lit up every scene they were in.

Also, perhaps I'm being a bit dense, but who was the mysterious woman? How was she able to contact Wilf?

Rassilon?

I didn't expect that!

But who was he referring to, the President or woss-her-face?

Otherwise, a brilliant finale! Plus it was nice to see all the old faces back again, and totally unexpected, too!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Penny View Post
    Also, perhaps I'm being a bit dense, but who was the mysterious woman? How was she able to contact Wilf?
    I got the impression she might have been Donna.

I didn't find myself clock-watching like during part 1, so that's good!

Not sure, to be honest - the regeneration itself was too similar to the last one for me, but looked a bit less expensive!!! Initial thoughts, the best scene was the one which genuinely had me in tears, namely the 'knock four times' scene where the Doctor loses it. Both actors absolutely spot on, no fake sentiment, just tremendous emotion. I loved that sequence. Oh and, Martha was looking absolutely fantastic, as hot as ever!

Anything else will have to wait until it's sunk in a bit... But there we go, the Doctor is dead, long live the Doctor!

It was a bit like a RTD's who's who.

With redards to the nysterious woman, was it Rose's theme that was playing while she was on screen? Could shave have been an older Rose?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I have just watched it and I thought it was brilliant, the story was well finished and the last 1o mins was just pure 10th Doctor. Goodbye Doctor 10 you will be missed.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

The mystery woman is obviously somebody close to the Doctor, I assume she was somehow privy to what was due to happen and all she wanted was to somehow allow the Doctor to survive it. Whether that means she's his mother, his gran, his wife, his lover, or just a mate (You ain't mating with me sunshine) I guess we'll be debating for years and years to come...

I thought it was fantastic!

Didn't like Part 1 but that was... Epic!

Who predicted Rassillon?

Mat Smith was perfect!

Si. :mobile

But who was he referring to, the President or woss-her-face?
    Oh, I think judging by the tender look her gave the woman, but the bile with which he spat Rassilon, he was deffo referring to the President.

I'm not 100% sure what to think of the 'this is your life' series of cameos towards the end - it was nice to see them again, but you do wonder how lethal something can be if you can walk away from it and then spend some time dropping in on old faces! I think it worked tonight, while we were 'in the moment' but I think on repeat viewing those scenes might be a bit annoying.

I rather liked the Master's sacrifice, which whether deliberately or not was a bit like the ending intended for Pertwee's finale (I think). And also the rather neat irony that the Master was the one who brought the Time Lords back, and the Doctor the one who wanted rid of them - we might have expected it to be the other way around.

So Wilf was the one who knocked 4 times. Who would have thought it? It looks like the time lords and the master are gone for good now

That was brilliant!!!! I loved every second. LOL at the 'still not ginger' line XD

One question: Why was the regeneration so explosive? He's regenerated in the Tardis loads of times before and its never done that.
    "Social interaction will cease."

9/10 - I would of given this full marks but for the last 10 minutes and the pointless cameoes from his previous campanions that aside a brilliant episode. yET again the scenes between Wilf and the Doctor, were touching and there was certainly a tear in the eye when the Doctor sacrifices himself to save Wilf.

The Time Lords, dissapointed they haven't been brought back for good but who knows if we won't see them again as for the woman my guess is she was the Doctors mother.

and what an end a regeneration that destroys the TARDIS consol room. as for Matt Smith a bit of a manic first appearence as he gave him self the traditional post regeneration body .

Maybe he was expelling the radiation (whatever sort it was) that he'd absorbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    The mystery woman is obviously somebody close to the Doctor, I assume she was somehow privy to what was due to happen and all she wanted was to somehow allow the Doctor to survive it. Whether that means she's his mother, his gran, his wife, his lover, or just a mate (You ain't mating with me sunshine) I guess we'll be debating for years and years to come...
    Romana?

Patience?

Ushas?

Sara Kingdom? (at a pinch?)

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by WibblyWombly View Post
    One question: Why was the regeneration so explosive? He's regenerated in the Tardis loads of times before and its never done that.

maybe it was because he didn't want to die and his anger at having to regenerate intensified the regenerative power - o

Compassion?

Leela?

The Valeyard? ("And the new Valeyard could be a woman!")

Or perhaps this is what passes for interior redecorating on Gallifrey.

It's like, extreme Architectural Reconfiguration.

...and Curnow just punched the air...

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Somewhat off topic, but do you ever get those random thoughts... I was wondering today if instead of listening to Rogue Traders when writing the Master stories for season 3, what if RTD had been listening to ABBA?

"Can you hear the drums, Fernando. Er, I mean Doctor?"

I'll go now...

So male Time Lords CAN regenerate into women then!

Si. :mobile

It's official!

Captain Tancredi Guest

It'll be a very brave person who points out to Elisabeth Sladen that her Who appearances now span five decades...

I enjoyed that a lot, sure there were a few flaws, and the Time Lords were dispatched all too quickly, but overall it was a great finale for the tenth Doctor. I'm not ashamed to admit getting all tear-y during the Doctor's trip to see old companions one last time, and his final moments as he realised he didn't want to die. As it were.

I just wish we'd seen exactly what happened to The Master at the end, and discovered who the mysterious woman was. If we find out at a later date that'll be fair enough, but if it's never revealed I'll be a bit miffed.

Despite initial doubts, Smith looks great if you ask me, and the trailer afterwards has made me very excited about the forthcoming season.

8/10.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I suppose, the nature of the Doctor's end was typical RTD. We've got all this huge epic stuff going on, but ultimately he ends up dying just to save one old bloke. Really touching.

The only bit I'm still a little confused over is..... why didn't Wilf change into John Simm? Was it because he was inside that cabinet thing when it happened?