Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who was the Woman in White?

So, since we didn't get an answer as to who she was other than someone linked to Gallifrey and the High Council, who do you think the Woman in White was and why?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think it's the Doctor's Mum (or his Gran, if you like). I'm not even sure where I heard that rumour, and some time ago, but I do know I thought it sounded really naff - and since watching Part One last week I've still felt the same, that it would be a really naff idea. But... but, assuming she is, then it works tremendously well. We've heard Eccleston say (back in Father's Day) about his family dying in the war, and clearly by the look exchanged last night, the Woman is SOMEONE important to the Doctor. So I'd say it's his Mum, but it could be his Gran, his wife, his lover, anybody like that - his sister even, if you want. It may get picked up during the Moffat era, but if it's not then really who exactly it is doesn't matter as much as what she means to the Doctor - namely, that returning the Timelords back to the time lock isn't just a "ooh they're all evil now anyway" no-brainer, but actually a very difficult decision, because he's sacrificing those he loves alongside his 'enemies'. In a sense, it's the original 'final act' of the Time War, in microcosm.

I'm more intrigued with how she was able to communicate with Wilf, projecting out of the Time Lock - but perhaps she was also 'signalling' along the link with the Master?

BTW, after Part One my guess would have been that somehow she was the TARDIS, but that's definitely not it!

Based on skin tone and the look the Doctor gives Wilf's granddaughter who she was when asked, I'd guess Susan.

i've seen many people complain that we were not told who the woman was but IMO I think that was good after all The Doctor's true origins and life on Gallifrey have always been shrouded in mystery .

my bet is that it was the Doctors mother , Susan is a possibility we don't know what happened to Susan, after she was left on Earth the PDA Noval Legacy of the Daleks, did have Susan stealing The Master's TARDIS and leaving Earth and it is plausible that during the Time War all Time Lords were recalled to Gallifrey.

other possibilities

Romana,

The Doctors wife or Daughter

or a completely wild guess a grown up Leela

I felt it was obviously directed as being his mother.

More to the point though, who was the other 'weeping angel'? There were two Time Lords covering their eyes.....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Those two must have felt like idiots when they shouted 'Gallifrey falls' instead of 'Gallifrey rises' mustn't they?

Surely a future regeneration of Donna, after she's looked into the Chameleon Arch and remembered she's a full Time Lord taken refuge on Earth.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

She wore white ... and she acted as a guardian ...

Nah ... can't be.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Maybe the other one was his father...?

I've been thinking she's the Doctor's Mum too. Si's theories about her on the pt 2 thread are quite convincing.

Si xx

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Maybe the other one was his father...?
    That's what I thought. And it would tie in a little with the dialogue from the Doctor saying he'd be proud if Wilf was his father.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I think she's K9 Mk I after a few upgrades.
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggoose View Post
    I think she's K9 Mk I after a few upgrades.
    I preferred your "Adric in drag" theory. Actually considering what one Time Lord said about people being brought back to life just to die again it sounds like somethings most of the fan community would like to do with Adric "let's bring him back just so we can kill him again ..."

Which goes to show even misunderstood Doctor Who fans don't like the know-it-all child maths genius. Bet Adric was probably Lord President of the chess club on Alzarius too.

Oh yes, please fling Adric into the jaws of the Nightmare Child again and again...unless - hang on, he was still a lad - ADRIC'S THE NIGHTMARE CHILD.... *weeps for the future*

See that was Next Gens problem - they never had the guts in their run ins with the Romulans, Ferengi or Borg to lock Wesley Crusher in a spaceship with no escape pods and crash it into a planet. Although it would have been a ratings winner.

"And no-one's to help the little bastard escape okay?"
    Last edited by WhiteCrowNZ; 5th Jan 2010 at 10:03 PM.

*rofl* I can picture it now - although the spin off series The Wesely Crusher Diaries, chronicling his journey/misadventures from race to race as each one tries to get rid of him would have been an early 90s treat.

Actually considering Wesley buggered off with the traveller, maybes he was the woman in white.

Some pointless reviewer bloke in the Mirror referred to her as his mother, with no other explanation given. I suppose there's a slight chance he might have been privy to some insider info from someone, but I suspect he was just trying to look clever or something.

Yeah I saw someone writing elsewhere who refered to her as "the Doctor's Mother" without any attribution. I take that as people making a simple assumption and assuming they're right. Still more interested whom the other woman with her head in her hands was...

Still more interested whom the other woman with her head in her hands was...
    Well that's kind of obvious - that was Bonnie Langford after watching her "performance" in "Time and the Rani".

*rofl* The performance that stopped me watching Who for a year.

Yeah I saw someone writing elsewhere who refered to her as "the Doctor's Mother" without any attribution. I take that as people making a simple assumption and assuming they're right.
    Apart from almost every casual viewer coming to the same "assumption" due to the way it was directed, it was reported in the press that she was to play his mother last May....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-Whos-mum.html

Still more interested whom the other woman with her head in her hands was...
    Are you absolutely sure it was a woman? Looked like a man to me.

I thought it was a man; The Doctor's Dad, no doubt!

Si xx

Or perhaps Borusa?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

It was a man.

The Doctor's Uncle Pete.

Si.

Or Drax....