Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Survivors - Not Surviving for a third series

was taken by suprise when I saw the trailer for this the other day as I wasn't expecting it to be on this early in the year it looks like series 2 is going to be every bit as good as series 1.

I'm certainly hoping it's going to be as good.

Are all the cast returning? I don't think I spotted the younger of the two female leads (I've gone temporarily blank on her name) in the trailer I saw today.

The internet advises that I mean Zoe Tapper. Thank you Google!

Isn't she the one who's in bed with someone during the trailer?

And I missed that?! Good gracious!

This was an excellent series, and I'm looking forward to the new run, even though we missed the last episode - don't suppose there's any chance they're repeating it before the series starts? I imagine it followed the same storyline as the original Survivors, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    This was an excellent series, and I'm looking forward to the new run, even though we missed the last episode - don't suppose there's any chance they're repeating it before the series starts? I imagine it followed the same storyline as the original Survivors, though?

basicly the last episode ended with Greg, being shot and Abbey being kidnapped and taken prisoner by a hit squad working for the scientists/doctors we keep seeing throughout series 1.

And was kidnapped because she survived the virus, and they want to understand why.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Hmmm, I struggled with this tonight. There were some interesting developments, but it felt like 20 minutes of plot / action stretched over an hour. I won't be impressed if we see less of Max Beesley too, as he's one of the main reasons that I'm watching it.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

That was very poor, I thought, a step back from gradual improvements made over the course of S1.

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm the opposite. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode last night. The collapse of the hospital was done really well, it it had me thinking that at least one of the main cast wouldn't make it to the end of the episode. Sarah is very irritating but I did feel sorry for her.

As for those that are waiting to "come home", could they be sitting pretty up in space?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    I'm the opposite. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode last night. ?
    I thought it was a fantastic episode I've been really looking forward to series 2 and I wasn't dissapointed/

Watched this last night, it was ok, but the (over a ) year gap since the last series made getting back into it feel like a bit of a jolt. Also it stretched credibility a bit that the girl was trapped under rubble for hours, then went straight back home and performed life-saving heart surgery on Pattison Joseph! What a hero! And was he really supposed to survive with his chest cut open all day while she had her rubble episode? The other bloke joined in the survival act, clearly appearing to die under the collapsed hospital (suddenly stopping talking with your eyes open in a glazed stare is shorthand for TV death, right?) only to be revived by a bit of miracle CPR hours later. Survivors, indeed.

And none of them seem to get that a tough killer criminal who wants to make amends is EXACTLY the sort of person you want with you when trying to survive in a bleak, post-apocalyptic world.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

And none of them seem to get that a tough killer criminal who wants to make amends is EXACTLY the sort of person you want with you when trying to survive in a bleak, post-apocalyptic world.

Si.
    Of course. That's because all the characters are walking cliches, and the writers were intent on shoe-horning in a lot of backstory guff about Greg beating up his wife's boyfriend. That scene (where he leaves) summed it up for me, as you say, Tom is exactly who they need (and the relationship worked fairly well for the whole of S1), and none of them managed to play that scene with any believability. Because it was ludicrous.

It was illogically plotted and silly, but I still quite enjoyed it. There's just something about it that's got me hooked in a way the original series just didn't. Maybe it;s because it's more exciting than thought provoking?

It was silly- the hospital falling down just as they go in, the way they let Tom go at the end (I'm all for morality, but really, they do need him) and all the survival then the operation etc...

But I still want to find out what happens next.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm in the middle - I quite enjoyed it, but I was a bit bored by the collapsing building stuff which seemed to go on and on and go on you will.

The postcard with 'Hope Never Dies' and a series of numbers on it - does this mean that Survivors is going to tie in with Lost?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

We polished off Season 2 last night.

Overall it's been good stuff. In places it's been slow and frustrating, but it's remained compelling viewing. They keep the tension going pretty well in their little scenarios.

I'm expecting a Season 3 with an even-more reduced budget and half the cast gone!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I really really enjoyed season 1.... but by the time season 2 came along I just didn't care, and somehow never got motivated or inclined to watch it. I think, personally, they left it off air too long. And the lukewarm reception to season 2 hasn't helped!

I really enjoyed it. But showing the first episode then taking it off the air for a fortnight was a disgrace!

Si.

I really enjoyed both seies of Survivors, however I can enjoy it no more as the BBC has decided to cancel it.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/487...vors-cancelled
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

That's a real shame. There was great potential for it to go on for a few more years. Sadly the way it was treated by the BBC didn't do it any favours. Why they brought it back and then didn't put the second episode on for a fortnight is beyond me. No wonder the ratings slipped.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

A shame, but typical.

Si.

It's a shame but not really a surprise. Though the second series was entertaining enough it lacked a punchy Radio-Times-attention-grabbing idea.

Now if the Daleks had turned up...

There's enough dross on telly to make this a minor tragedy. If TV was awash with brilliant dramas this would probably be a victim of not trying hard enough, but in a world when you are more likely to switch on to Alan Carr, or Jonathan Ross speaking down at you as if you are a moron, the loss of a beautiful shot HD sci-fi drama is a dreadful shame. It wasn't A1 brilliant, but it was exciting and thought-provoking and interesting. And now we'll never see the place where all the people escaped to or find out what happened when they got Max Beesley as a surprise present.

And yes, it would have been an audacious move if the Daleks had appeared - crossed our minds too.

Si.