Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I wonder if both CC and Jago S2's will follow, if these offers are a hit.

I've bought mine! Not sure why. It's an offer innit? I'm getting Iris in the December sale!

Si.
    I hope we'll get more offers on stuff I haven't got cos I'm certainly not paying full price for Graceless and I would like to get Cyberman 2 on its own at some point!

If you've not got it yet Si the lovely pink Iris series 2 boxset is well worth it.

My copy of the boxset arrived today. Very lovely. I think I might put this on my phone for tomorrow, as I don't seem to be feeling the love for Sherlock Holmes and The Reification of Hans Gerber.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    It's now in my downloads account.

I still wish Big Finish would split their boxset releases into individual play downloads as having a single file containing four plays is a real pain.
    Odd. Mine downloaded as four separate files! If I remember, I'll bring you a copy at the weekend.*

*Which should be a perfectly acceptable as we've both bought it!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Perhaps they've repackaged it as a single zip file to lower bandwidth use as they probably would've expected to have a lot of downloads from people taking advantage of the £20 offer.
    I've just downloaded it and it's come through quite quickly but I might leave this for now as splitting as extracting the individual plays into seperate folders is rather time consuming.
    Thanks for offering to bring your version Brendan I suspect I may have a PS 4.1 & 4.2 and Sherlock Holmes day tomorrow after all.

Well, we did the first part of the first season at the weekend. I enjoyed it, perhaps more for the splendid performances than for the story. Baxter and Benjamin were, of course, immaculate and obviously enjoying themselves a great deal.

In some ways I think they were playing it safe starting with a werewolf story. It was all very well done, but missing the spark of something unique really. I liked the idea of the soldiers protecting their captain, and the mysterious person from the orient chasing them to deal with the matter though.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I listened to most of The Mahogany Murderers this lunchtime, while walking round a beautifully sunny St Jam's Sandwich park. It was superb, loved the set up of them telling each other interconnecting stories in the pub. The basic idea of the story was excellent too. Far, far better than their stand-alone series.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've just bought this along with Series 1 - looking fwd to them even more now since your review Steve :-)

If you enjoy the first one, it might get you through the others!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Have finished The Mahogany Murderers. A great intro to J&L! I could listen to Litefoot all day - his voice is so warm & lovely.

Loved the story - the roughness & grime of Victorian London was very well captured. J&L are a very entertaining partnership who bicker & support each other in all the right places. Yep they're a married couple all right ;-) Can't wait to get stuck into Series 1 proper.

Jago: The Germans have a word for it - Doppleganger
    Ellie: Is that a sausage?

Yes I'm listening to The Spirit Trap from Series 1. This is great material for J&L to tackle what with a lot of the Upper Class Victorians obsessed with spiritualism. Best story of the season for me so far!!

Just listened to Series 3, Story 1 - Dead Men's Tales by Justin Richards. Nice to have Leela back with J & L! This first story was a bit slight as a lot of the time was concerned with Leela getting to grips with pulling pints in The Red Lion Tavern, so the proper action with The Wet Men didn't kick off till 2/3 of the way through the story. Still, all very enjoyable. I could listen to J&L all day - lovely characters!

It seems the special offer those of us who bought series one last year have been waiting for is finally close at hand...

<pedant> Surely it's Professor Litefoot, not Mr </ pulcritudinously pedantic >
    Bazinga !

It's not that special an offer either. £20 for four discs isn't an incredible bargain.

Unlike the £6.99 bargain for the Serpent Crest box set download. Go Audio Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    It's not that special an offer either. £20 for four discs isn't an incredible bargain.
    True, but having done a quick sweep of other places it's just about the cheapest that second boxset is going to be available for, plus that that all the money will be going straight to Big Finish rather than the meager percentage they'd receive from sales via other retailers.

I do buy direct from BF for the new (Tom Baker / B7) and "not very old" ranges (Companion Chrons, J&L). But as you know I'm a late developer, and I'm working my way up from the first releases as well. These are much cheaper on Amazon / eBay so that's where I'm buying those from. Sorry BF, but that's life, and I ain't made of money. They get their fair share from me though :-)

Oh I still buy from elsewhere too sometimes (only this week I bought a Non Who Big Finish CD as a Christmas present from amazon saving a couple of quid off their RRP) but (not least for the convenience of the free download versions) I do try and support Big Finish when I can.

The Jago & Litefoot sale is now on. Today and tomorrow only!

Highly recommended! I likes me a bit of J&L!

Slightly put off after remembering that items which have already been released now incur an additional postage charge for the CD versions.
    £23 doesn't seem like enough of a bargain to justify the expense at the moment.

£23 DID seem a bit more than £20. Somehow breaks the barrier, but hell, I like to support BF so I bought it anyway.

Maybe they should look at slimmer packaging. £3 seems a lot to deliver essentially a clutch of flat discs.

Si.

Unfortunately postage is that expensive these days.
    Unfortunately for BF there are other sellers offering a lower price including delivery and I have to be realistic about purchasing products that aren't going to get listened to more than once or twice or decade if I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Have finished The Mahogany Murderers. A great intro to J&L! I could listen to Litefoot all day - his voice is so warm & lovely.

Loved the story - the roughness & grime of Victorian London was very well captured. J&L are a very entertaining partnership who bicker & support each other in all the right places. Yep they're a married couple all right ;-) Can't wait to get stuck into Series 1 proper.
    I agree, this is a great little story. Very Victorian Sci-Fi. A shame we'll probably never hear about the case involving the trained anteater and the aluminium violin!

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
    . A shame we'll probably never hear about the case involving the trained anteater and the aluminium violin!
    That is a tale for which the nation is not yet ready to hear
    Bazinga !